Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers (3506 Views)

Fairly Used Hp Pavilion Dv6000 @30k / Problem With Hp 620 Motherboard / Hp Pavilion Dv6000 For Sale (clean And Relaible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2009
while i was using vista i installed avast anti virus on my system it deleted most of my .exe files and also my drivers backup files on SWSETUP or something like that located on my program files.so i formatted n decided to install xp pro.but now the problem now is i dont have any driver to install.i cant connect to the internet cos i dont have LAN driver or wireless.so i visited hp.com on another system to download the drivers but i found out that most of the drivers are not installing due to God knows what.pls is there anyway i could get my system drivers?
i take God beg una
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by Ekwuru: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
if you are in lagos please visit this office

PYRAMID SYSTEM LIMITED
System maintenance computer sales
Phones,Laptops
Ikeja-Lagos.

it is opposite triangle fast food in ikeja

or call chuks on 08054752313
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by Ekwuru: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2009
PYRAMID SYSTEM LIMITED
Phones,Laptops
Ikeja-Lagos.

Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by Ekwuru: 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
PYRAMID SYSTEM LIMITED
Phones,Laptops
Ikeja-Lagos.

Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by netotse(m): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2009
are u sure u've got the right DV6* series. . . for example mine is a dv6700 cto series

go here for more info
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/famiNumbDocument?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=18703&docname=c00033108">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/famiNumbDocument?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=18703&docname=c00033108
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by DualCore1: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2009
Kindly go back to the OS tht came with tht HP-DV thingy (Ms Vista).

There's no sound driver compatible with WinXP for the DV6000.

First mistake u made was getting a pavilion, second mistake was using avast, third mistake was downgrading to xp.
For ur next laptop (oh yes tht pavilion won't last tongue) please don't be carried away by the "Entertainment PC" rave, get a machine.
javascript:void(0);
To fix things, go back to vista, then get all the drivers from HP.com or look for someone else with a dv6000 (the chances are 99 in 100. i think i'm exaggerating) and copy the "SW Setup" folder from him/her.

but if u don't care about sound on a computer, like me (FFS i got a home theater, tht's enof noise already, i dont see the use of speakers on lappies, they just make 'em heavier! rofl), then stick with the XP on tht thing.

youmour:

but i found out that most of the drivers are not installing due to God knows what.
due to the "HP factor" tongue
Please dont call HP customer care for this problem, they have a default answer. So if u call them for this, the crazy chic will just press the programmable button and the answer will play, at the end it gives u 4 seconds to say "okay thanks" and call dropssmiley

Cheers, sorry i have a naughty sense of humor so i tend to play even wen ur lappy is on fire. undecided (hence the World's worst techie Award).
Cheers ciao smiley
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by DualCore1: 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2009
Dual Core:

javascript:void(0);
oh ma diaaaaaaaaz, where did tht come from?!
Seun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  come hia! angry
tongue
for real i didnt type tht, seun's hArKiNg me  tongue
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by stone4rock(m): 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2009
@ poster
I think u should try ultilities software, you may be fortunate to see a driver compatible with your pc. incase you want to switch to Vista and u need SWSETUP you could contact me.
1luv
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2009
Note to people: HP and Acer sucks.

The only good thing about HP is it's unique look
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by flyuche(m): 5:57am On Apr 06, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

wrong my dear.very wrong. when you have issues, deal with them. don't go saying this or that sucks.
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by DualCore1: 8:52am On Apr 06, 2009
flyuche:

wrong my dear.very wrong. when you have issues, deal with them. don't go saying this or that sucks.

flyuche sucks! hehe

**winks at the dude and enters gear 6**

tongue yea yea, we both in ph but u cant catch meh tongue tongue

*Toyinrayo:

hey hey hey sista sista, whats with the hating on HP and Acer? some things might suck about some of their models, but heck something sucks about everything but tht dont mean everything sucks.

*Toyinrayo:

been wondering, what do they suck? lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by lynxnoon(m): 10:29am On Apr 06, 2009
wel am currently using Hp Pavillion dv2990nr(Artist Edition),,,,,,,,,bin using it since dec last yr n no probs so far,,,,,,,,d only tin is d bottom gets hot on time(i ges dat happens to almost or all laptops depending on its position n wats bin used for undecided)
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 06, 2009
back to vista @dual core pls oo i do hope it last for awhile.i did notice the product ID was different from the front n the back, its actually DV6700 not 6000.was that some kinda production error from HP.every brand have its shortcomings not just HP n Acer.my HP was working perfectly be4 i downgraded.i guess i shud have made a research be4 doing wat i did.HP rocks
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by seighapaul(m): 6:39am On Apr 09, 2009
Its not a mistake that the model displayed is different from whats at the back. Its displayed DV6000 at front, thats just your laptop series or family. The dv6000 has more than 20 laptops in this dv6000 series, and they all have slightly different tech specs and off course all have dv6000 displayed at the front. Your exact model is usually printed at the back of your laptop.

As for the xp drivers, call me if still interested.

Ezekiel 07025958303 08028178405
Re: Need Help With HP Pavilion Dv6000 Drivers by esquire(m): 1:27am On May 15, 2009
@all my people this dv6000 series na real wa ooo cry embarassed embarassed cry undecided(
But not to worry it has some problems and if tis managed effectively you'll have no problem:-]
1. the main problem of all these series is heat i.e over heating of the computer due to accumulated dust on the the fan and heat sink.
2. when the above happens which is inevitable in my own occasion because mt laptop is alway on the rug where the fan induct dusts from.
3. the most obvious effect of heat on these series are:-
i. hard disk failure (which i have suffered from) the hard drive have a definite operation temperature which i guess should be between 40 degress (good) - 60 degree (Critical) due to excessive heat which is a general symtops of dv6000 series
ii. Other problems which have seen with people having one or two of this series are laption not charging, hardisk failure, motherboard failure, screen problem etc.

what i did in my own case was that when the hard drive failed it felt like a tornado had hit me, i dismantled the laptop which is very easy and before i installed the new hard drive tht i bought i removed the fan and heatsink, i clean the fan with warm and heat sink with warm water which emmitso muxh dust. then i dust the board and i cleansed the thermal paste on the processor with alcohol anfd i put fresh paste on the processor,chipset and where the paste is suppose to be then that solves my problem.

@Dualcore,
Xp can be installed on dv6000 series with sound working, i installed a friend dv6500 intel based and uses realtek HD sound and its working fine withno problem and i have done dv5 and someof these series.

You maybe be right that people may not want the sound to work on Xp cos i myself have a dv6700 which since have downgraded to xp because of performance issue with vista cos the system has nvdia board and chipset it tends to overheat compared to the centrino countepart.
I must confess my sound has given me so many trouble before geting it to "work" which does not really work literarilly cosif you lcheck device manager it will tell its working and enabled but no sound but linux is my solace.

The performance issue am talking boils down to nvidia poor display driver used onmy laptop in the case of geforce go 7150 which leaves me with no cpu frequency scaling which make my laptop to be in the fullest performance even when idle and emmits lots of heat hence the hardware failure

My advice is after good mentainance get an hardware or computer monitor and set the minimum and maximum hardisk temperature with alarm when its getting close to the critical temp.
or get linux which has a very good cpu frequency scaling in my own case the heat persit until i scale down to 800mhz whic make the fan to spin down and the cpu to run cooler with no heat. Tjis is my own experience of the dv6000 series

My hardware:-
Amd turion64 x2
200gb harddrive (the defaunct) now 100gb
3gb ram
Atheros wireless
Nvidia geforce go 7150m
Conexant HD sound etc

(1) (Reply)

Asus Rog G75vw 17" | Core I7 | 12gb Ram | 3gb Nvidia | 1.75 Terabyte Hdd. 120k / I Need Linux CDs / Laptop Powerbank And Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.