Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339865 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tolextonia: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Please has anyone written to any uk school to waive English Test? Because I want to do that right now. The school I have been waiting for their admission is not coming forth and time is going.

I wrote to University of Sunderland for English test waiver. I was told that it can only be waived if my institution in Nigeria can provide proof that I was taught in English. I told them that I’ll get it after lockdown and they agreed. Contact your school

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tolextonia: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
omopapa:
U are only allowed 20hrs of work during term time but can work more during holidays

All your earnings are traceable via ur national insurance number. Except u get a cash in hand job, they will find out.

It’s 20hours per week

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Tolextonia:

I wrote to University of Sunderland for English test waiver. I was told that it can only be waived if my institution in Nigeria can provide proof that I was taught in English. I told them that I’ll get it after lockdown and they agreed. Contact your school

Really thank you will just then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 1:31am On Apr 22, 2020
I also have an offer from Uni of Sunderland London. I was told the same thing - to get a letter from my university confirming the medium of instruction

Tolextonia:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 1:34am On Apr 22, 2020
My IELTS result expires in a few days and considering current extenuating circumstances and the fact that Uni of Sunderland moved my start date to October, I asked for a waiver. A letter from your uni may suffice. Please go ahead to ask your uni. Most unis are making exceptions/adjustments to their requirements in light of recent events

Aprokodaughter:
Please has anyone written to any uk school to waive English Test? Because I want to do that right now. The school I have been waiting for their admission is not coming forth and time is going.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 22, 2020
naledis:
My IELTS result expires in a few days and considering current extenuating circumstances and the fact that Uni of Sunderland moved my start date to October, I asked for a waiver. A letter from your uni may suffice. Please go ahead to ask your uni. Most unis are making exceptions/adjustments to their requirements in light of recent events

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mikeval001: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2020
That's very simple,you just need to go to your university in Nigeria and apply for 'English as a medium of study letter's. I got mine from my school (Unilag) since last year,it is done on the school website. Mind you a token will be paid.

Tolextonia:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by rs172(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2020
Ablecrystal:

If it's an unconditional offer your new login details to the portal would have been sent to your mail with a your student number beginning with an alphabet.

When you login, you will be taken to a site that looks like the attached, just click on 'my info' and you will be taken to the personal information page.

Mine is not yet like this, I'm yet to pay my deposit, i just got another mail from them on what to do, and give them feedback.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tolextonia: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
naledis:
I also have an offer from Uni of Sunderland London. I was told the same thing - to get a letter from my university confirming the medium of instruction

Mine is also University of Sunderland London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hi guys thanks to everyone that helped unfortunately the school turned down my request for a waiver.

So either I accept other schools offers or I patiently wait for the school I wish to attend. Once again thank you. kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Really? Good to connect with you. Were you a part of the WhatsApp Q&A session held yesterday for international applicants? That’s where I got to ask about the English language requirement waiver

Tolextonia:

Mine is also University of Sunderland London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Quite sorry to hear that. I would have thought that the university would adapt and relax some requirements in light of everything happening. It is unlikely that IELTS tests will hold this year so anyone without a valid result will have to forego their offer with that university.

Good luck!

Aprokodaughter:
Hi guys thanks to everyone that helped unfortunately the school turned down my request for a waiver.

So either I accept other schools offers or I patiently wait for the school I wish to attend. Once again thank you. kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kaiiiiii this school don find my trouble.
They will hear from me angry
Aprokodaughter:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
naledis:
Quite sorry to hear that. I would have thought that the university would adapt and relax some requirements in light of everything happening. It is unlikely that IELTS tests will hold this year so anyone without a valid result will have to forego their offer with that university.

Good luck!

Thought so too they might end up losing students in September because of the timing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Kaiiiiii this school don find my trouble.
They will hear from me angry

Haha...they are not my first choice...na long throat dey do me cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Which university is this sef?
Maybe Is a big mans school that’s not money hungry
Aprokodaughter:

Thought so too they might end up losing students in September because of the timing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Which university is this sef?
Maybe Is a big mans school that’s not money hungry

University of Brighton o hmmm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mtchew see the university sef grin
Aprokodaughter:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Mtchew see the university sef grin

Lols all of them are the same except the RG schools
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Abeg fashee the school look for other schools
School brekete for uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Try Robert Gordon I heard that school has tough industry connection ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SyberKate(f): 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
I got an offer in computing at the University of Plymouth and I would like to know if anyone here knows about the university, its computing department or any other good information that could help me make an informed decision before accepting their offer.

Thank you all...
CC: Justwise, Omapapa, Tobexin, Stenon, Hosey, Lagosismyhome elders in the house please epp me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
Phatkings:

Abeg fashee the school look for other schools
School brekete for uk

I did before o but my throat won't allow me rest and I wanted to pick a school before this lockdown is over.

Maybe focus on other things once this lockdown is called-off.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Phatkings:

Try Robert Gordon I heard that school has tough industry connection ooo

Nah they are not good with my course and not accredited. Unlike Brighton and some other schools that are having one accredition or double accreditions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Nah they are not good with my course and not accredited. Unlike Brighton and some other schools that are having one accredition or double accreditions.

Brighton is a good school and nice city. They got a nice sea and is a nice area for summer. You can decide to live out of Brighton for a cheap cost of £400 or less.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Phenmeson:

Brighton is a good school and nice city. They got a nice sea and is a nice area for summer. You can decide to live out of Brighton for a cheap cost of £400 or less.

True saw it on Student room
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Which course be that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Oga she wants accredited course.
She’s not going to U.K. to count street light or dance at the beach. She can always go to the beach from other cities grin
Phenmeson:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mindlog: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Phenmeson:

Was budgeting that. £400 for Swansea but change of plans, now going for a school in London where the rent is shocked shocked shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Oga she wants accredited course.
She’s not going to U.K. to count street light or dance at the beach. She can always go to the beach from other cities grin
Ijele the warrior
Ikenga the fighter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
grin
Phatkings:

Ijele the warrior
Ikenga the fighter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Phatkings:

Which course be that

Its a media course. Just few schools that are accredited

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.