Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

My Experience With A Fraudster - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With A Fraudster (412 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Coogar Exposed As Credit Card Fraudster / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Fraudster by buske(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2015
Got a call from this number 09038144818 some 50 minutes ago. The following conversation ensued:

Deep Voice : Hello, how are you?
Me: I'm fine.

Deep Voice : That's good. Are you at home?
Me: Yes.

Deep Voice : Okay. How have you been?
Me : Fine. Please, who am I talking to?

Deep Voice : AAH! You mean you don't know who you're talking to?
Me: Yes, sorry!

Deep Voice : Guess!
Me: yeah, I've been doing that since you called.
( I ran a quick query on the voice database in my head, the only close match was my boss in school)

Me: Dr. XYZ?
Deep Voice: (laughs) So you have a good guessing skill.
(I was surprised because I knew my boss didn't have the number from which he called me. But he and I had gotten kind of close, so it wasn't out of place for him to play a prank on me)

Me: Sir, I've never called you from this number, how did you get it? and why is your voice deeper?
Deep Voice: Don't worry about that. I had an accident, I mistakenly knocked down a police man with my car. I've been shouting since 30mins ago in the police station.

... Continues
I told them I was going to call my lawyer but I was actually looking for a way out. I can't call my wife, she'll panic.
They have taken the police man to the station. They doctors say they need N100,000 to commence treatment. As at now with me, I have only N80,000 with me and need more N20k. Do you have 20k?
Me: (confused) I'm not sure....
Deep Voice : Okay, this is what you'll do for me. Is there any recharge card shop close by?
Me: Yeah!

Deep Voice : Good, please buy me recharge card of N1,500 so I can call a friend who will bail me out.
Me : ( aaaah.... Kizi, na u dis man dey take play volley ball??
- Why would Dr. XYZ call you to bail him out when he has big and millionaire friends?
- How did he get the number you started using not quite long ago and had never used to call him. The only number he has is my main line and that's what we use to communicate.
- why is he spending the credit that he claims not to have?
- why...why.... Will..... In fact eh!
Me: Please cut the call and call me on my other line.

Deep Voice : Your other number is in my other phone at home with my wife.
(I cut the call. Then called back after a minute).
Me : Yes please, I'm not convinced you're Dr. XYZ. Please what department is Dr. XYZ from??

Deep Voice : aaaah.. So you don't believe me?? OK forget.It's alright.

Me : Noo.. It's not like that. Just want to be sure.

Deep Voice : it's okay. (Cuts the call)

(By now, the scale falls completely from my eyes, I become angry and dial his number again, but be rejects the call)
(I call him again with my second line and he picks)

Me: See eh! Make thunder wey do....... (bleep.. Bleep... Bleep, he hangs the call)

(I decide to go through text messages. See conversation in the snap shots)

Hmm.. Nigerians. We dey everywhere!

Re: My Experience With A Fraudster by alonzoiv(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2015
Funny. Very funny.
Re: My Experience With A Fraudster by whirlwind7(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nothing new here. The first time I got this sort of call was in 2005. Had received a few more since then.
If I'm in a playful mood when the call comes in, I just keep 'em talking till they get exasperated and hang up.

That string of bollocks he typed there in reply to you was to get you scared, If you are the superstitious type.

(1) (Reply)

The Soft Bread..... / Sallah: FG Deploys Sniffer Dogs, Bomb Detectors To Airports / FG To Pay Ex-millitants Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.