Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? (7749 Views)

Check Out These Products From Jumia / Packaging Boxes For Your Products in Nigeria / You Can Buy And Resell These Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 13, 2015
christinie:
That will be very good of you. Please ask them if it's pure virgin. Also ask them about the facial powder with spf for a light-skinned person (colour 1). I wonder if they have ecostyler too?
Don't be angry please. Am all about natural products and am excited already lol.
No probs, i bought my ecostyler in another shop though.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 13, 2015
I live in the UK and I used to sell facial products in my own shop, so I have a lot of experience about this area of the market.
Univlever do not sell to the general public.

I am just saying these things so that you are all aware and keep an eye on what you are buying. In Foodco I saw fake glycerine and rosewater.They even wrote Boots on it. They themselves probably didnt know that it was fake and they bought it off a third party suppier, but I knew it the moment I saw it.

The facial wipes are sold in the poundshop so buying something that cost £1 for N500 is still reasonable and I can assume that this was bought from the UK, however . . . . . . The poundshop import their items from Eastern Europe and elsewhere thats why you will see a lot of Arabic on the packs. In the poundshop everything om their shelves is £1.
PZ Cussons manufature the cussons baby wipes. The UK does not manufture baby wipes. These are manufactred in Africa.

Infact many of these shops including shoprite purchase from Eastern Europe. Personally I can never buy anything cosmetic from any shop in Nigeria becasue I dont know what I am buying. Ive seen too much mago mago to trust anyone.

No shopkeeper is going to sell you anything at a loss and if you are buying something cheaper than what the manufacturer is selling it for, then check very well especially as you are using these products on your skin.

In the picture, the simple soap has a purple line on the packaging. Please look again at the UK unilver website. The whole concept of the simple range is that is simple and green. Their packaging is green from day one.

Please do not be taken by people who claim that they live in the UK, hence assuming that all they sell is from the UK. Many of them mix and match.
I didnt and that is why in the end I just stopped selling the items. The only thing I do now is if people ask me to buy a particular brand, I buy it from the shop that they specify and I bring it to Nigeria next time I am coming.

My aunt in Abuja threw out cosmetics worth thousands and thousands of Naira when people kept on coming to her shop and demanding the cheaper version of these products. There are more fakes than original products out there and she was in the minority.
Many of these items stayed on her shelves for so long, they expired so she had to throw them away . . .thousands of Naira worth of quality goods. Meanwhile I went with her to Boots to buy all these cosmetics when she came to the UK, so I know the source of all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2015
Mrs0J:

Does your eco say Styling or Styleing

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 8:20am On Sep 13, 2015
How much is it?
Mrs0J:

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2015
Quite educative ma'am.
tearoses:
I live in the UK and I used to sell facial products in my own shop, so I have a lot of experience about this area of the market.
Univlever do not sell to the general public.

I am just saying these things so that you are all aware and keep an eye on what you are buying. In Foodco I saw fake glycerine and rosewater.They even wrote Boots on it. They themselves probably didnt know that it was fake and they bought it off a third party suppier, but I knew it the moment I saw it.

The facial wipes are sold in the poundshop so buying something that cost £1 for N500 is still reasonable and I can assume that this was bought from the UK, however . . . . . . The poundshop import their items from Eastern Europe and elsewhere thats why you will see a lot of Arabic on the packs. In the poundshop everything om their shelves is £1.
PZ Cussons manufature the cussons baby wipes. The UK does not manufture baby wipes. These are manufactred in Africa.

Infact many of these shops including shoprite purchase from Eastern Europe. Personally I can never buy anything cosmetic from any shop in Nigeria becasue I dont know what I am buying. Ive seen too much mago mago to trust anyone.

No shopkeeper is going to sell you anything at a loss and if you are buying something cheaper than what the manufacturer is selling it for, then check very well especially as you are using these products on your skin.

In the picture, the simple soap has a purple line on the packaging. Please look again at the UK unilver website. The whole concept of the simple range is that is simple and green. Their packaging is green from day one.

Please do not be taken by people who claim that they live in the UK, hence assuming that all they sell is from the UK. Many of them mix and match.
I didnt and that is why in the end I just stopped selling the items. The only thing I do now is if people ask me to buy a particular brand, I buy it from the shop that they specify and I bring it to Nigeria next time I am coming.

My aunt in Abuja threw out cosmetics worth thousands and thousands of Naira when people kept on coming to her shop and demanding the cheaper version of these products. There are more fakes than original products out there and she was in the minority.
Many of these items stayed on her shelves for so long, they expired so she had to throw them away . . .thousands of Naira worth of quality goods. Meanwhile I went with her to Boots to buy all these cosmetics when she came to the UK, so I know the source of all of them.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2015
tearoses:

Does your eco say Styling or Styleing

It's styling not styleing.

Why did you modify your comment?
Pls am not the one selling these products.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Is your hair natural? Mine is too.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2015
Mrs0J:

It's styling not styleing.

Why did you modify your comment?
Pls am not the one selling these products.

I modified my comment becasue I had another look again at the image and couldnt make out it it was the lightning in the picture or the wording. I am sure you will agree that it does say styeing in the first image.
I didnt say that you are selling anything
I am just sharing information regarding some of these products & speaking from experience
I have no interest in buying or selling anything either
No offence intended

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
tearoses:

I modified my comment becasue I had another look again at the image and couldnt make out it it was the lightning in the picture or the wording. I am sure you will agree that it does say styeing in the first image.
I didnt say that you are selling anything
I am just sharing information regarding some of these products & speaking from experience
I have no interest in buying or selling anything either
No offence intended

Okay! Thanks for the information as well, its educative.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
christinie:
Quite educative ma'am.
After all this wahala you better turn up looking like a million dols o, else I'm out the door. cool
But seriously, I like that you go natural/organic.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
BoboYekini:
After all this wahala you better turn up looking like a million dols o, else I'm out the door. cool
But seriously, I like that you go natural/organic.
all my life I've been natural, even my hair. Thanks bro.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
christinie:
all my life I've been natural, even my hair.
Now really? Not even one attachment?
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
I have used attachments few times but not relaxer.
BoboYekini:
Now really? Not even one attachment?
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
christinie:
I have used attachments few times but not relaxer.
That's some strong will o, for a girl. Even me used relaxers back in the day. But shhhh, just between us cheesy
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Zuris: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
All what tearoses wrote is the truth.
Most of these people go to china to reproduce most of these products. That's why it is cheaper.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
So which good lotion do you recommend for a natural fair skin person who wants to maintain her natural skin?
Zuris:
All what tearoses wrote is the truth.
Most of these people go to china to reproduce most of these products. That's why it is cheaper.

Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2015
christinie:
They are not all that expensive. I used to buy the soap for about N1,500 per pack of 4 but I can't see it in the same shop anymore and other shops here don't stock them. The soap is extra ordinarily nice.

So you mean this soap that sells for £1 a pack in UK is N1,500 in Nigeria?

Smh!
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
A nice lady helped me buy half a carton for N4k in PH, which is far much cheaper than what I used to buy it before.
sunnyb0b0:

So you mean this soap that sells for £1 a pack in UK is N1,500 in Nigeria?

Smh!
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
christinie:
A nice lady helped me buy half a carton for N4k in PH, which is far much cheaper than what I used to buy it before.

Check your mail
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ok.
Mrs0J:

Check your mail
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by stankelz: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
Mrs0J:

Check your mail
pls i sent u a pm.check your mail please?
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 6:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Good morning.
stankelz:
pls i sent u a pm.check your mail please?
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Madam can you help me check for a lotion called Yass Pure and Mind. I bought it here in China. I've used it for a week plus and it's very good for skin polishing. I wanna know if it's available in Nigeria please. (am currently in China). Thanks. It's sold for 28 RMB for a big bottle. (N,1,008). Thanks.
Mrs0J:

Did u say 1500?? Na wa oo. Bought mine for 400.
I attached the pic so u won't doubt me
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
christinie:
Madam can you help me check for a lotion called Yass Pure and Mind. I bought it here in China. I've used it for a week plus and it's very good for skin polishing. I wanna know if it's available in Nigeria please. (am currently in China). Thanks. It's sold for 28 RMB for a big bottle. (N,1,008). Thanks.

i called the shop, but they don't have it.

No come empty hand oo, buy something for me oo.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by prettymina(f): 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
Mrs0J:

Got it for N250 (3 for N750).
hello mrsoj am also interested in this product especially the face wipe nd d powder.pls where is ur location
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by May5(f): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
christinie:
Haba, things are so expensive here. Next time you will help me to buy it abeg. I bought 2 so they will last for 60 days. Do they have facial powder with spf there?
pls cld u direct me to d shop,if is in lagos
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2015
Oh, how I wish they could get it. No wahala I go bring something come. We ll be heading to Naija tomorrow.
Mrs0J:

i called the shop, but they don't have it.

No come empty hand oo, buy something for me oo.
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
christinie:
Oh, how I wish they could get it. No wahala I go bring something come. We ll be heading to Naija tomorrow.

Okay, safe journey
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
Thanks. I will bring the lotion but my fear is where to get another when the ones I bring finish. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode
Mrs0J:

Okay, safe journey
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
christinie:
Thanks. I will bring the lotion but my fear is where to get another when the ones I bring finish. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode

you can check on Aliexpress if they have since it's china product
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by christinie(f): 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ok, thanks.
Mrs0J:

you can check on Aliexpress if they have since it's china product
Re: Where Can I Get These Products In Nigeria? by dearestaramide: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
4X4:
these things look expensive can u afford them ?

simple productsare highly affordable and mild on skin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hair Must Grow Naija: Why You Should Use Palm Oil On Your Hair. / What's Your Style? / What's The Best Cream For Someone Who's Dark In Complexion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.