Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life (435 Views)

I Will Keep Doing Music, Na My Kidney Don Pass – Efe Money Shades Haters / Jjc-how I Fell In Love With Funke Akindele You Need To See This / People Doing Music Now Are The Yahoo/drug Boys-- Baba Fryo Fires The Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life by Erave: 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Born and raised in the Northern part of Nigeria, Abdul Rasheed Bello better known by his moniker, JJC is a songwriter, rapper, singer and music video director whose musical career has spanned over 17 years. JJC is famous for his role in developing some of Africa’s finest music exports such as D’banj, Don Jazzy and many others following his creation of defunct music group, 419 Squad.

He sat with ERAVE to discuss his recently released album, his love life, challenges returning to Nigeria, among other sundry issues.

What has kept you going?

I grew up to love music and I made it my passion. For me, doing music is like having fun. People always see me as very energetic on stage and in my music videos. It’s simple because I love what I am doing. I am full of life and vibrancy.

What will you say set you apart from other artistes?

I am very different, because my orientation in life is different. I grew up in the UK where I learnt a lot about music at a very young age. I was signed by Sony Music while I was 22. I was also writing songs for record companies. Majority of Nigerian music is based on dancing, and that’s not really a lot of message. That is where I stand out because lots of my songs have messages that impacts lives.
Does that mean you don’t like making dance music?

Not everyone in Nigeria likes my music because they assume I don’t do the kind of music people really want to hear which is dance music. I did venture it into once and had lots of fun. I express myself in my own capacity. ‘Feeling you’ and ‘Eru’ were more of dance tracks, but it still passed messages.
Read more here http://eraveng.com/2015/09/04/jjc-how-doing-music-cost-me-my-love-life/

1 Share

Re: JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life by osaslord500(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
cry
Re: JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life by Airforce1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
pele

Thats the price you gats pay to be celebrity
Re: JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
No biggie. We've all made sacrifices.
Re: JJC: How Doing Music Cost Me My Love Life by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
looks like he doesnt sleep at nights.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Actress Eniola Badmus’s Birthday Party / Chris Brown Total Victory Joint Custody Of Royalty / Medal Of Gunner 2 Ios Android Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.