Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Help With Personality Problem - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help With Personality Problem (624 Views)

What Your Birth Month Says About Your Personality / Sleep Position Can Determine Your Personality. / Nairalanders With Similar Personality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Personality Problem by 2dleft: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2009
Hello Folks,

help me deal with a problem i have had for a long time. it is a personality problem. i find it difficult to make friends, always keeping to my self and also  in a state of fear. i am tired  and want change. your honest suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: Help With Personality Problem by iice(f): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2009
Introvert i guess and a loner.
Just be around people, you don't have to make friends initially. But be around them to get comfortable.
You can observe how those extroverts work around people. Go gradually, don't take on too much at once.
One person at a time. You don't have to make friends immediately, develop some rapport and see if it develops into something more. I hope this helps.
Re: Help With Personality Problem by ElRazur: 8:15am On Apr 04, 2009
2dleft:

Hello Folks,

help me deal with a problem i have had for a long time. it is a personality problem. i find it difficult to make friends, always keeping to my self and also  in a state of fear. i am tired  and want change. your honest suggestion will be appreciated.

The way to deal with issues like this to first identify what exactly is the problem -What is your fear? what are you afraid off? what stops you from taking that step?. If you can identify this, then it become much easier to deal with the issues. It also helps who ever is offering you an advice - e.g Me - as to what best of action to take.

You mentioned it that is is a long term problem. From the the way I see it, there must have been a trigger for it or an underlying cause. Also, one need to know what your age is etc in other to know where and what to decide.

From the bit off information you have posted, I can only offer the following advice: Ask yourself, why do you keep to your self? Have you ever tried to make friends before, if yes, how did it go? Was it a disaster etc?

If you are in a constant state of fear, what exactly is bringing you these fearful and fright episode? Is only when you are about to make friends etc? The good news is that, the mere fact that you can come out to talk about it here, then you are taking the right steps to sort it out.

Unless I know you better or if you post some more stuff, then it will be hard for me to give you a thorough advise. If you wanna talk on a one on one via msn messenger or yahoo chat, then am available. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Attn: Seun / Nairaland.com From The Eyes Of A Blogger / XX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.