Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,884 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

2017 AFCON Qualifier : Sierra Leone Vs Ivory Coast In Port Harcourt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2017 AFCON Qualifier : Sierra Leone Vs Ivory Coast In Port Harcourt (1745 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2017 AFCON Qualifier : Sierra Leone Vs Ivory Coast In Port Harcourt by robosky02(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2015
Sierra Leone vs Ivory Coast

Venue: Adokiye Amiesimaka stadium PH

Date : Sunday, September 6

time : 4pm

Sellas Tetteh eyes decent result against Ivory Cost

Ghanaian coach Sellas Tetteh is hoping to guide the Sierra Leone national team, Leone Stars, to a decent result against the African champions, Ivory Coast in their Group I Africa Cup of Nations qualifier on Sunday.

Tetteh will be making his debut as caretaker coach of Leone Stars against the tournament’s holders on Sunday, September 6 and hopes to get something decent from the match.

The 58-year-old told cafonline.com before the team’s departure for Nigeria that he is aware of the challenge against the Elephants.
He said: “I’m aware of the huge challenge of playing against the Elephants, but we cannot underrate ourselves in this match. In football nothing is impossible.

“I have been working with the local components since my arrival in Freetown and I am so far satisfied with their output. Until I have a perfect blend with the foreign-based players, I cannot tell you the strength and weaknesses of the team”.
Sierra Leone suffered a 1-0 defeat against Sudan in their Group I opener last June in Khartoum, and coach Tetteh reckons a herculean task of bringing back the Leone Stars to winning ways.

“I am taking over a team whose morale has been at the lowest ebb and not won matches. My duty is to help the team from its loosing trend and restore confidence into the players,” he said.

cc: lalasticlala
http://slconcordtimes.com/category/sports/

Re: 2017 AFCON Qualifier : Sierra Leone Vs Ivory Coast In Port Harcourt by robosky02(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2015
HEAD TO HEAD

Sierra Leone
Games won: 6
Games drawn: 0
Games lost: 0

Date Match Result Score Competition

15 Oct 1972 Sierra Leone v Ivory Coast W 0-1 FIFA World Cup

29 Oct 1972 Ivory Coast v Sierra Leone W 2-0 FIFA World Cup

08 Jan 1984 Ivory Coast v Sierra Leone W 1-0 International

27 Mar 1994 Ivory Coast v Sierra Leone W 4-0 African Nations Cup

06 Sep 2014 Ivory Coast v Sierra Leone W 2-1 African Nations Cup

14 Nov 2014 Sierra Leone v Ivory Coast W 1-5 African Nations Cup

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Your Top Five Performers Of The Weekend / Champions League Draw : Its A Blended Pack For EPL Clubs / Thomas Muller Considered Swapping Bayern Munich For Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.