Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,958 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience (744 Views)

My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. / Can You Relate With This ? Share Your Experience ( Pics ) / What Do You Share In Common With Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by tpiah01: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
when you meet people whose background is 100% diametrically opposed to your own, how do you relate.
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by Cutehector(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
I'v lived wit different set of people in hostel life, so it feels fun.. U get to meet diff set of charactters, d funny ones, d clowns, d annoying set of people.. Etc.. Well, let's just say I still feel great abt it.... Even 3 weeks at nysc camp is a whole lotta experience.. Its fun tho
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by tpiah01: 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
not only personality wise, but culturally, socially, etc.
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by Benedict44(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
i feel better meeting them because i learn alot from them...both the good and the bad ....Although that life is all about experience . You learn a new thing everyday ...thats what make life beautiful...
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by DDSvpsHost(f): 7:19am On Sep 06, 2015
The Truth is, change is a good thing. be it Positive Change or Negative change. It goes to sculpt you into being who you either want or choose to be. Coming in contact with people from different backgrounds not only enables you to learn how other people from diveresed cultures and backgrounds behave but it makes you discover the Real You. And that's what Life is all about. Knowing Thyself
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by Captainswag225(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2015
its all abt tolerance for one another, respect for eachother and sharing of ideas....... In no time u will find yourself adapting.
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
I once lived with a lady who is a perfume addict, when I she, I found out have become addicted too.

I moved from portharcourt to Anambra, mingled with youths from different parts of the south east, I imbibed some habits and learnt some new dialect, and slangs. its really fun and educative.
But tolerance is the key.
Re: Meeting People From A Different Background Than You, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
I think it fun getting to meet people from different backgrounds... Like sharing in their views,their opinion infact their lifestyle but like someone just pointed out,tolerance is important...without tolerance,hmmm i think that wouldnt work especially when in contact with the annoying peeps...

(1) (Reply)

Good Grief! / Keppy's Sheets&duvets... / My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.