Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) (1027 Views)

'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / A Letter To All Believers In Christ Jesus / Jerusalem The Holiest City In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by jiggaz(m): 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
Question: "What is the New Jerusalem?"

Answer: The New Jerusalem, which is also called
the Tabernacle of God, the Holy City, the City of
God, the Celestial City, the City Foursquare, and
Heavenly Jerusalem, is literally heaven on earth. It
is referred to in the Bible in several places
(Galatians 4:26 ; Hebrews 11:10 ; 12:22–24 ; and
13:14 ), but it is most fully described in Revelation
21 .

In Revelation 21 , the recorded history of man is at
its end. All of the ages have come and gone. Christ
has gathered His church in the Rapture (1
Thessalonians 4:15–17 ). The Tribulation has
passed (Revelation 6—18 ). The battle of
Armageddon has been fought and won by our Lord
Jesus Christ (Revelation 19:17–21 ). Satan has
been chained for the 1,000-year reign of Christ on
earth (Revelation 20:1–3 ). A new, glorious temple
has been established in Jerusalem (Ezekiel 40—48 ).
The final rebellion against God has been quashed,
and Satan has received his just punishment, an
eternity in the lake of fire ( Revelation 20:7–10 .) The
Great White Throne Judgment has taken place, and
mankind has been judged (Revelation 20:11–15 ).

In Revelation 21:1 God does a complete make-over
of heaven and earth (Isaiah 65:17 ; 2 Peter 3:12–
13 ). The new heaven and new earth are what some
call the “ eternal state ” and will be “where
righteousness dwells” (2 Peter 3:13 ). After the re-
creation, God reveals the New Jerusalem. John
sees a glimpse of it in his vision: “The Holy City, the
new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from
God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her
husband” ( Revelation 21:2 ). This is the city that
Abraham looked for in faith (Hebrews 11:10 ). It is
the place where God will dwell with His people
forever (Revelation 21:3 ). Inhabitants of this
celestial city will have all tears wiped away
(Revelation 21:4 ).

The New Jerusalem will be fantastically huge. John
records that the city is nearly 1,400 miles long, and
it is as wide and as high as it is long—a perfect
cube (Revelation 21:15–17 ). The city will also be
dazzling in every way. It is lighted by the glory of
God (verse 23). Its twelve foundations, bearing the
names of the twelve apostles, are “decorated with
every kind of precious stone” (verse 19). It has
twelve gates, each a single pearl, bearing the
names of the twelve tribes of Israel (verses 12 and
21). The street will be made of pure gold (verse 21).
The New Jerusalem will be a place of unimagined
blessing. The curse of the old earth will be gone
(Revelation 22:3 ). In the city are the tree of life “for
the healing of the nations” and the river of life
(verses 1–2). It is the place that Paul spoke of: “In
the coming ages [God] might show the
incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his
kindness to us in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6 ). The
New Jerusalem is the ultimate fulfillment of all
God’s promises. The New Jerusalem is God’s
goodness made fully manifest.

Who are the residents of the New Jerusalem? The
Father and the Lamb are there ( Revelation 21:22 ).
Angels are at the gates (verse 12). But the city will
be filled with God’s redeemed children. The New
Jerusalem is the righteous counter to the evil
Babylon ( Revelation 17 ), destroyed by God’s
judgment (Revelation 18 ). The wicked had their city,
and God has His. To which city do you belong?
Babylon the Great or the New Jerusalem? If you
believe that Jesus, the Son of God, died and rose
again and have asked God to save you by His
grace, then you are a citizen of the New Jerusalem.
“God raised [you] up with Christ and seated [you]
with him in the heavenly realms in Christ
Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6 ). You have “an inheritance
that can never perish, spoil or fade” (1 Peter 1:4 ). If
you have not yet trusted Christ as your Savior, then
we urge you to receive Him. The invitation is
extended: “The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And
let the one who hears say, ‘Come!’ Let the one who
is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the
free gift of the water of life” (Revelation 22:17 ).

http://www.gotquestions.org/new-jerusalem.html
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by vooks: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
And my negro, be warned, sin has no place in heaven; depart from sin or perish. Flapping gums about eternal security will do you no good

Hebrews 6:4-8King James Version (KJV)

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
vooks:
And my negro, be warned, sin has no place in heaven; depart from sin or perish. Flapping gums about eternal security will do you no good

Hebrews 6:4-8King James Version (KJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Pharisee dat is without sin what is your own?? Please get out of here cos i didn't mention you. And this verse you are quoting, you are even quoting it out of CONTEXT. So no need for me to bother myself with you.

Listen son, I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST.... You heard? The righteousness i claim is not my own self righteousness but the righteousness of CHRIST and his finished work on the cross. So please i don't bother with your kind anymore. Carry your miserable self righteousness out of here. I am living under God's Grace while you go ahead with your mixture of Law & Grace...... The intimacy i have with CHRIST now, i am not willing to thread it for anything. I have never been so HAPPY in my life and in my relationship with God like now.

Those dat chose to wallow in Ignorance let dem wallow, datz your own wahala. I am through with you and please don't quote me.....
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by elveco: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
God is faithful!
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by vooks: 3:33am On Sep 06, 2015
jiggaz:
Pharisee dat is without sin what is your own?? Please get out of here cos i didn't mention you. And this verse you are quoting, you are even quoting it out of CONTEXT. So no need for me to bother myself with you.

Listen son, I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST.... You heard? The righteousness i claim is not my own self righteousness but the righteousness of CHRIST and his finished work on the cross. So please i don't bother with your kind anymore. Carry your miserable self righteousness out of here. I am living under God's Grace while you go ahead with your mixture of Law & Grace...... The intimacy i have with CHRIST now, i am not willing to thread it for anything. I have never been so HAPPY in my life and in my relationship with God like now.

Those dat chose to wallow in Ignorance let dem wallow, datz your own wahala. I am through with you and please don't quote me.....

You don't even believe what you are rambling about
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by jiggaz(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2015
vooks:

You don't even believe what you are rambling about
I am through with you dis boy.... i am not on the same league with you.. plz get out of here and don't quote me me again. i don't argue with people. Please keep to your believe, its your wahala.
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by jiggaz(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2015
elveco:
God is faithful!
He is everly faithful my brother....
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by vooks: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2015
jiggaz:
I am through with you dis boy.... i am not on the same league with you.. plz get out of here and don't quote me me again. i don't argue with people. Please keep to your believe, its your wahala.
Negro,
2 Timothy 4:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by jiggaz(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2015
vooks:

Negro,
2 Timothy 4:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

You are a fool and i don't suffer fools easily.... Now run along little boy..... Believe in whatever you like, i don't care. But don't quote me again. .i am through with you.
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by vooks: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
jiggaz:
You are a fool and i don't suffer fools easily.... Now run along little boy..... Believe in whatever you like, i don't care. But don't quote me again. .i am through with you.
God bless you Negro for your invectives. Insults are the last refuge of the feeble brains when they run out of points
Re: The New Jerusalem ( The Eternal Home Of All Believers) by jiggaz(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
jiggaz:
He is everly faithful my brother....

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is The Greatest Scam In World History – Nigerian Transgender Stepha / What Did Eve Gave Adam To Eat? / Special Prayer Points For Every Child Of God (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.