Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

I Need To Sue GTB! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need To Sue GTB! (903 Views)

GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit / GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? / Cheated By GTB On Withdrawal On An ATM In Ghana.is This Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Sue GTB! by journerman(m): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
So, I used my GTB MasterCard to check my balance from an ATM today around 2PM. Since then I've been receiving about 60 email alerts every minute for the same transaction. Right now, I have over 10K of this email in my mailbox and it's still counting.

I have called their customer care service several times to get them to stop this emails but nothing was done, at a point I had to ask them to entirely deactivate email alert on my account and if possible remove my email from their system.

The last call I made, I was told it has been deactivated but when I told the lady the emails still hasn't stop, she turned around to tell me that unfortunately the team in charge of technical issues like this won't be in until Monday. So, I have to put up with this for another 42hours or so, by which time I would have received 30K notifications for a one time transaction.

It's high time we start holding this people reposible for all their irresponsibilities and bad practices they call banking.

I have made up my mind to take this up with them and if necessary sue them.

Do you or have you had similar experience with this banking society called GTB or is it just an isolated case?
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
a technical issue like they said, not a case of cash deduction. just bear with them...
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by Jackeeh(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Dharniel:
a technical issue like they said, not a case of cash deduction. just bear with them...

"just bear with them" ; the reason so many systems don't work in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jackeeh:

"just bear with them" ; the reason so many systems don't work in Nigeria.

to me i believe it's a comprehendable situation, they are not perfect though...
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by debeo: 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
Did your money miss or your balance reduce?

Has it happened before?

Because of something as minor as this, you typed an epistle on sueing them

Go ahead now if you don't have something better to do

Iranu Abasha
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by XuteSleeks(m): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
No bank works over the weekend. Think about it. GTB doesn't provide email services so there's every likelihood this was given out to a third party service provider. Bear with them means think it thru and be considerate.
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by journerman(m): 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
Dharniel:

This has actually caused me lots of discomfort and inconvenience, I've had an issue of wrongful deduction with them before and I didn't raise it until after 2 weeks when they still hadn't do anything. I would rather they debit my account wrongfully than this.
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
journerman:

This has actually caused me lots of discomfort and inconvenience, I've had an issue of wrongful deduction with them before and I didn't raise it until after 2 weeks when they still hadn't do anything. I would rather they debit my account wrongfully than this.

try to unsubscribe from the latest mail they sent to you and see if that'll do the magic...
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by journerman(m): 12:11am On Sep 06, 2015
Dharniel:

try to unsubscribe from the latest mail they sent to you and see if that'll do the magic...

I checked, there was no such option. I've had to deactivate email on my phone and iPad.
Re: I Need To Sue GTB! by maybrowne(m): 4:26am On Sep 06, 2015
Same thing happened to me, i went to the atm to recharge my phone, i was debited but my line was not credit, i was alerted about the transaction like about 10-20 times but still they did not credit me, even till today. This gtb guys sef

(1) (Reply)

Giant Beverages Enters Nigerian Market / Get Your Business Plan On A Small Scale Soya Beans Processing Factory / A4 Paper Producers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.