Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (62445 Views)

Poll: Do "mammy water" spirits actually exist?

No, it's a myth: 39% (55 votes)
Yes, it's reality: 60% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by ikamefa(f): 3:14am On Jun 01, 2007
Tornadoz:

I have mammy water next to me here.
The one sleeping beside me whose legs are glued together tonight must be a mermaid.
I did everything to prise her legs open-no luck.

shocked shocked shocked shocked LMAO so you are sleeping with mammy water? grin
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by nguage(m): 4:57am On Jun 01, 2007
i dont love commenting about stuffs like this coz i be xtian. But those thins exist! No doubt inside me
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by moondust(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2007
they exist but not in the half human fish form they're being depicted here.
they are mere marine spirits that cannot breach the spiritual barrier into the physical world,
they operate in humans via the sub-concious
so there's no basis for the half human fish images.
those pixs by youngies are merely paintings and an exerpt from the movie, SPLASH

4 Likes

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by youngies(m): 11:52am On Jun 01, 2007
n-guage:

i don't love commenting about stuffs like this because i be xtian. But those thins exist! No doubt inside me

Hmmm, two spirits residing in one person. I thought it is written that light and darkness to go together shocked
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by tasiana(m): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2007
Tornadoz:

I have mammy water next to me here.
The one sleeping beside me whose legs are glued together tonight must be a mermaid.
I did everything to prise her legs open-no luck.

U re not a serious person grin grin grin
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by jesusfreak(f): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-27039.0.html#msg657476

check this out and u'll probably be scared of mermaids!
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Orla556: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2007
Guys, mermaids or mermen are real. They are talked of every where in the world, not just another Naija vibes lipsrsealed
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by thesilent1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2007
has anyone here ever SEEN one?

just curious
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Orla556: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2007
awful pixs, dem
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Orla556: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2007
It mit not be d way we all perceived it but i think somtin close mit be existing, difficult to conclude on though
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Orla556: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2007
It mit not be d way we all perceived it but i think somtin close mit be existing, difficult to conclude on though
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2007
Mammy Water,

they are  elemental beings, creatures that are responsible in taking care of the water and whatever visible creatures in it.
Due to the nature of their task they took on a feminine shape.

They are originally known as water sprites.

As we have beings taken care of water, so we have the ones taking care of the wind, fire, flowers and everything you can find naturally on the earth.They are like the caretakers.

Do you think in one of the stories of the bible where the lord JESUS spoke to a whirl wind so as to calm it, he was simply commanding the beings in charge of the wind,and since he's far superior to them they must hearken to HIS words.

So my dear, water sprites(mammie water) do exist, it was just due to our over-dependence on earthly things that the was a loose or even a total disconnection from all these helpful beings of the ALMIGHTY.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Boome2(f): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2007
this is really scary !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by toluwalomo(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2007
11th May 2001, a cold dark night in Ogulagha,Warri. my place of NYSC service.

Playing beach football at 2 a.m i think and out pops a mermaid.

From the water and starts skittering towards us (6 of us)

I think I cracked Asafa Powell's 100m record.

Pity, I had no stopwatch handy!

Wake up and smell d coffee, mammy water dey alive and flipping!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by stimulus(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2007
toluwalomo:

Playing beach football at 2 a.m i think and out pops a mermaid.

Playing football at 2 a.m., hehe. . . una plan am well-well! grin
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by goodguy(m): 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2007
toluwalomo:

I think I cracked Asafa Powell's 100m record.

Pity, I had no stopwatch handy!

Oh my God!  I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! grin grin grin
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2007
Class A rubbish! Nothing like mammy-water in physical form. Things like that exist, only in people's mind.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by agbola(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2007
well they exist ooo
but as moondust and enitan said they are spirits and they have the power to possess and manifest in people and make them do things. I have seen som1 possessed with the mermaid spirit being delivered. I have a friend who 1 day went to kuramo beach. He saw this fine babe whom he decided to block and started chyking her, they kept talkin until d babe started draggin him nearer to the beach, she later told him that they should go and play in the water. thank God say my guy don hear enuff gist about ho these babes operate, he told her he wanted to get somtin and fled. dem no need tell am say mammy water dey again.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by KAG: 12:37am On Jun 02, 2007
agbola:

well they exist ooo
but as moondust and enitan said they are spirits and they have the power to possess and manifest in people and make them do things. I have seen som1 possessed with the mermaid spirit being delivered. I have a friend who 1 day went to kuramo beach. He saw this fine babe whom he decided to block and started chyking her, they kept talkin until d babe started draggin him nearer to the beach, she later told him that they should go and play in the water. thank God say my guy don hear enough gist about ho these babes operate, he told her he wanted to get somtin and fled. them no need tell am say mammy water dey again.

She probably wanted to fulfill her beach sex fantasy. Pity she chose Mr. Superstitious - even though your anecdote isn't true.
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by redsun(m): 9:55am On Jun 02, 2007
There are lots of creatures in the sea yet undiscovered,but there is nothing mysterious about them,they are just part of nature,like you and i.Humans tend to be dominant over this things,because we are proven to have a bigger brain,but then you have to show it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by LongOne1(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2007
@ Tornadoz, i feel you man. That must be the answer, all those chics i tried to part thier legs all to no avail, i knew there was definitely somthing FISHY about them.

2 Likes

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by KAG: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2007
Long One:

@ Tornadoz, i feel you man. That must be the answer, all those chics i tried to part their legs all to no avail, i knew there was definitely somthing FISHY about them.

I see what you did there cool

1 Like

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by sosoella(f): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2007
it all depends on what u blive in.
ure enviroment, religion, upbringing
that u do not blive in somtin does not mean that it doesnt exist n vice versa
that u blive in God ,Jesus, Mohd,gods, mammy water does not mean that other people do
so when u hear of strange topics u know notin about just keep calm n broaden u knowledge on the subject or move on
4 me, if its a topic worth discussin in nairaland  then its part reality  cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by dj4wealth: 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2007
Though there are marine spirits i have heard so much and seen some manifesting,
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by mrofficial(m): 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2007
Woooooooooooo, mammy water exist pass you. I don see pastor wey dey use mammy water power for church
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by nguage(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2007
official:

Woooooooooooo, mammy water exist pass you. I don see pastor wey dey use mammy water power for church
ur pastor?
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by redsun(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2007
We  africans could be very unrealistic in our beliefs sometimes,god this,spirit that,all this beliefs are as a result of our inability to our understand our enviroment and nature in general practically and if we don't understand our enviroment,we can't control it,  that is why we find it difficult to make head way as a people.We have to understand the meaning of life,what makes us breath,what makes us stand firm on the ground,then we will be able to work things out and know our purposes as humans.Myths is diffrent from reality,so far the only creatures in the sea that come close to looking like hollywood depictions of mermaid are whale species.We should introduce marine and oceanographic faculties in our universities so that we can study and explore the oceans of the world,instead of speculating.LIFE IS REAL.

1 Like

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by thesilent1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2007
Do you think in one of the stories of the bible where the lord JESUS spoke to a whirl wind so as to calm it, he was simply commanding the beings in charge of the wind,and since he's far superior to them they must hearken to HIS words.

sorry, but what exactly are you saying here?
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by Orikinla(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2007
Believe it or not, they exist.

How come those who are possessed by Mammy Water speak in strange tongues of Ison kingdom when they have never been there at all.

I had a girlfriend from Delta region in Nigeria who confessed that when she was delivered, her python left her. And the first time I wanted to make love to her, she was manifesting and I thought she was about to die.

If God says evil spirits exist, who are we to doubt their existence?
Except you don't believe in God.

Have you not heard of Queen of the Coast.

Those who are ranting about science and all that jazz, go and ask Pastor Daniel Olukoya of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles who has a first class honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a PhD in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom and has over 70 scientific publications to his credit.

My mother never lied to me, and I believed it when she told me how she saw a mermaid live in the river.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by sisimose(f): 12:16am On Jun 03, 2007
`i have seen one before too
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by naijaking1: 4:10am On Jun 03, 2007
Mammy water or memaid is a universal myth , and occurs in all cultures.
No be only naija get their own version.
From South America to the Indian sub-continent to Nordic nations.
Ever heard of the Scottish Lockness monter?
Re: Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? by naijaking1: 4:22am On Jun 03, 2007
@ all
In Florida, high school girls do get part time jobs working as mermaids or mammy water for about $15/hr.
See the attachemnt if interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong's White Wedding Photos / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.