Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? (2168 Views)

Why Do We Africans Mostly Nigerians Place More Emphasis On Spirituality?? (pics) / Its A Fact That We Africans Are Too Fetish. Religion Is A Cult&sin By Structure / RELIGIOUS Problem Can Be Solve In The Spirit. If You Are Spiritual Comes In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by agarawu23(m): 6:39am On Sep 06, 2015
angry angry angry

When are we ganna start having faith and believe everything that happened to us is from God instead of blaming one person in our village or neighborhood

Nowadays, our kids will start pointing fingers on his/her enemies in class for their failure.

Isn't God the owner of our souls?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by ladyF(f): 6:40am On Sep 06, 2015
I tell u! I think the average person would rather blame someone else for his predicament.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by 400billionman: 6:40am On Sep 06, 2015
Most problems require only wisdom to get solved. And what separates a problem from its solution is, knowing what to do. When one does not know what to do, he resorts to pointing accusing fingers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by loomer: 6:41am On Sep 06, 2015
No worry, we shall come off that age/era soon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by 400billionman: 6:41am On Sep 06, 2015
ladyF:
I tell u

You tell him what. Space booker.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2015
Spirituality is part of our way of life in Africa, especially we Black. It is just like you now asking " Why Do White people Believe Their Problems Are Medical? So as Africa, we have a way of life, I mean ways at which we solve/tackle our problems before the white people came to invade us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by fromnigeria(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2015
They do so because they lack Knowledge. Thats why their mentality is so low.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by rawpadgin(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2015
Because the spiritual controls the physical

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by RichDad1(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2015
Because we are Africans. We are not Europeans or Americans. We are who we are. Africans/Blacks got problems. Both spiritual, economical, political and mentally. The biggest problem of the black race is insincerity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by 573V31D(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2015
That s the african mentality... Going to various spiritual houses for simple problems basic wisdom and daily prayers can solve.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by madridguy(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Lack knowledge as in how ?

fromnigeria:
They do so because they lack Knowledge.
Thats why their mentality is so low.

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by RichDad1(m): 6:52am On Sep 06, 2015
madridguy:
Spirituality is part of our way of life in Africa, especially we Black. It is just like you now asking " Why Do White people Believe Their Problems Are Medical? So as Africa, we have a way of life, I mean ways at which we solve/tackle our problems before the white people came to invade us.
1000 Likes for you bro.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by madridguy(m): 6:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Good point.

rawpadgin:
Because the spiritual controls the physical
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
angry angry angry

When are we ganna start having faith and believe everything that happened to us is from God instead of blaming one person in our village or neighborhood

Nowadays, our kids will start pointing fingers on his/her enemies in class for their failure.

bro i get ur point but take note everything dat happens to us are not 4rm GOD, 4 D BIBLE SAID HIS THOUGHT 4 US ARE GOOD THAT WE MAY PROSPER EVEN AS OUR SOUL PROSPERETH, now all evil things that happens to us are from the devil but initially it was as a result of our own doing yet d devil as a roaring lion and an opportunist dives in bcaus d door has been open by us already, to d child dat failed, its was cause by d child by not working hard but do u know that there are some brilliant students that work hard but did not graduate? yes there are and their case is spiritual and it is cause by the devil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by madridguy(m): 6:58am On Sep 06, 2015
Thanks bro.

RichDad1:

1000 Likes for you bro.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by RichDad1(m): 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
The height if hypocrisy is when and African thinks or reason like the Op.
Spirituality is part if our live styles here. That is how we are wired. It is in our DNA and nothing can change that.
A typical African born and breed in Africa will believe in Juju whether he/she likes it or not.
Take for example, as you're about stepping out of your house this morning, you met a Calabash with egg and feathers cover in Red Oil. The first impression from an African will be totally different from either an European or American.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by 400billionman: 7:01am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
angry angry angry

Not everything that happens is from God. If one drinks and drives and accident occurs, it is not from God. Or just reckless driving from a learner.

There are several sources of negative happenings. Devil, evil agents, ourselves(carelessness), nature etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by Eyulor(m): 7:13am On Sep 06, 2015
Pls fellow nairalanders..... My question is.... What is the relationship between church and serving God. Must one go to church to serve God. Is it a sin not going to church?
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by yanabasee(m): 7:13am On Sep 06, 2015
400billionman:

Not everything that happens is from God. If one drinks and drives and accident occurs, it is not from God. Or just reckless driving from a learner.

There are several sources of negative happenings. Devil, evil agents, ourselves(carelessness), nature etc.
See as you the mumu yourself... grin senseless bastard!
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by agarawu23(m): 7:17am On Sep 06, 2015
400billionman:

Not everything that happens is from God.
If one drinks and drives and accident occurs, it is not from God. Or just reckless driving from a learner.

bolded
We were taught to believe that God is aware of anything thats happening to us be it good or bad.

Should I say my not getting rich like dangote isn't from God? Should I blame devil for no giving me money ? Who do we call when we are in problem? Why do we call God if everything that happens isn't from Him
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by fromnigeria(m): 7:21am On Sep 06, 2015
madridguy:
Lack knowledge as in how ?
They dont know the real truth.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by agarawu23(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2015
Eyulor:
Pls fellow nairalanders..... My question is.... What is the relationship between church and serving God. Must one go to church to serve God. Is it a sin not going to church?
I believe God is everywhere if you are ready to call him with one mind.

Not until we go to mosque/church before we can serve God. But we have this mentality of taking our men of God as our own God.

This men of God aren't doing what they are preaching for us to do. Some of them preach about love but they hate their neighbors including their dogs. They preach about giving alms to the poor but they embezzle offerings fund without helping the needy within them.

I don't need to go to church/mosque before I serve God. I blv my 'own' God is everywhere . but I don't know about others
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by madridguy(m): 7:28am On Sep 06, 2015
Please explain further what you mean by " real truth " ? As I will like to learn from you.

fromnigeria:

They dont know the real truth.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by loomer: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2015
Eyulor:

No be by force to go church.

Oyibo man talk say, the end justifies the means
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Op there are actually problems which are spiritual

and some personal ones can also be traced to spirituality . African is a spiritual continent and our founding fathers did so much evil that is hurting us today

How can you explain every white folk do things you try it 100 times here you keep failing? We must settle the spiritual aspect first before we can talk about personal mistakes!!
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by agarawu23(m): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Lalasticlala cool
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by 400billionman: 8:03am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
bolded
We were taught to believe that God is aware of anything thats happening to us be it good or bad.

Should I say my not getting rich like dangote isn't from God? Should I blame devil for no giving me money ? Who do we call when we are in problem? Why do we call God if everything that happens isn't from Him

I personally call God when i am in need.

God gives wealth. Man can also decide to become rich on his own and it will happen..

Does God make choices for us ? No! If one decides to stay poor, God wont do anything about it.

Talking about wealth, grabbing opportunity is all about getting rich. The break to wealth happens in a twinkling of an eye(often hidden in or preceeded by discomfort) Most people do not see the opportunites when they surface.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by agarawu23(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2015
400billionman:

God gives wealth. Man can also decide to become rich on his own and it will happen..

Does God make choices for you ? No! If you decide to stay poor, he wont do anything about it.

Talking about wealth, grabbing opportunity is all about getting rich. The break to wealth happens in a twinkling of an eye(often hidden in or preceeded by discomfort) Most people do not see the opportunites when they surface.
still on "not everything that happen is from God"
No matter the situation we meet ourselves, God is aware. Nothing will happen in ones life without the will of God.

Not everybody will be rich, some will be poor no matter how hard they work. Nobody will make a decision to stay poor but I believe our destiny is tagged along with our future.
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 06, 2015
This is what happens when you in a third world primitive society where large chunk of the population can't learn themselves out of religion and false illusion such as spirituality. Ask them if they ever seen spirit or god,answer would be No,so why link your own self challenges to an unknown?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by agarawu23(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2015
aaronson:
This is what happens when you in a third world primitive society where large chunk of the population can't learn themselves out of religion and false illusion such as spirituality. Ask them if they ever seen spirit or god,answer would be No,so why link your own self challenges to an unknown?
hmmmm another point from another angle
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
ladyF:
I tell u! I think the average person would rather blame someone else for his predicament.
typing from experience?
Re: Why Do We Africans Believe Our Problems Are Spiritual? by cbravo2: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam And Was Tortured For It- Story Of Waleed Al- Husseini / Wife Catches Pastor Having Sex With Church Member / Ifa Divination For Nigeria 2018 - Babalawo Orisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.