Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). (798 Views)

2017 Shell Nigeria Exploration And Production Company Postgraduate Scholarship / NOUN VS Conventional Universities In Nigeria - My View / What Is Structural And Production Engineering All About.........help Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). by chinae(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2015
Conflict between Supply Chain, Value Chain and Production There have been a lot of mix opinions and conflicting views between these economic terms though they are originated from different fields of study. I am also having the same but will try as much as possible to x-ray their similarities, characteristics and differences in my context of which i see universal. These terms often used interchangeably with no dispute but professionally it is sacrosanct to draw the curtain in the right direction. Drawing a line depends on the user’s field and usage. It is vital to recast our mind on what is marketing and the forms of utility. This is not to make it complex but to increase our scope of the terms in conflict. Marketing is said to be any activity (ies) that takes place between production and consumption and the 5 forms of utility are identified as – Form –task –time –place and possession utility. I know these will create another dispute in view. The term supply chain originates from the field of operations management to track the movement sequence of finished goods from point of production to the consumers. It also covers the movement of production inputs excluding cash flow or monetary form. Supply chain appears to be in place utility because its focus is on the movement and transportation of products and services with a consideration on the time and possession. Production has a pure economic origin as it is said to be the transformation of inputs to outputs. Production in most cases involves a complex process system in the transformation of inputs; it encompasses form utility due to a change in the form of inputs. Value chain gets it origin from business management and production economics. It entails the addition of any utility or economic value to an input. In most cases, value(s) is/are added to finished product and results in a slight change in form, place and possession of original input; production undergoes an intricate or complex change. The similarities and differences of these terms have a thin gray line among them that made it a difficult deal to put a clear difference in them. One difference between value chain and supply chain is the fact that products in its process of supply chain don’t gain value but value could be added to products in its chain of value addition. Product in its process of supply is not seen as value addition because the supply cost had been included in the total manufacturing cost to estimate the first market price, when an individual decides to move the product from one point of the market to another, he/she have added value to the product and must include it with its profit to the second market price of the product. The more a product gains value, the higher the consumers satisfaction but the negation is the quantity consumed will be cut short as this is the duty of the product development manager to strike a balance between more value and quantity consumes and also note their elasticity. Though there are some exemptions, some value addition has the tendency to increase the quantity consumed and also widens the market space but there is always a trade-off. These have made economic analyst to disagree when some countries are termed production driven economy instead of value adding economy. By Onukwufor Chinemerem
Re: Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). by tpiander: 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Paragraphs so we can understand better.
Re: Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). by absoluteSuccess: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2015
chinae:
Conflict between Supply Chain, Value Chain and Production There have been a lot of mix opinions and conflicting views between these economic terms though they are originated from different fields of study. I am also having the same but will try as much as possible to x-ray their similarities, characteristics and differences in my context of which i see universal. These terms often used interchangeably with no dispute but professionally it is sacrosanct to draw the curtain in the right direction. Drawing a line depends on the user’s field and usage. It is vital to recast our mind on what is marketing and the forms of utility. This is not to make it complex but to increase our scope of the terms in conflict. Marketing is said to be any activity (ies) that takes place between production and consumption and the 5 forms of utility are identified as – Form –task –time –place and possession utility. I know these will create another dispute in view. The term supply chain originates from the field of operations management to track the movement sequence of finished goods from point of production to the consumers. It also covers the movement of production inputs excluding cash flow or monetary form. Supply chain appears to be in place utility because its focus is on the movement and transportation of products and services with a consideration on the time and possession. Production has a pure economic origin as it is said to be the transformation of inputs to outputs. Production in most cases involves a complex process system in the transformation of inputs; it encompasses form utility due to a change in the form of inputs. Value chain gets it origin from business management and production economics. It entails the addition of any utility or economic value to an input. In most cases, value(s) is/are added to finished product and results in a slight change in form, place and possession of original input; production undergoes an intricate or complex change. The similarities and differences of these terms have a thin gray line among them that made it a difficult deal to put a clear difference in them. One difference between value chain and supply chain is the fact that products in its process of supply chain don’t gain value but value could be added to products in its chain of value addition. Product in its process of supply is not seen as value addition because the supply cost had been included in the total manufacturing cost to estimate the first market price, when an individual decides to move the product from one point of the market to another, he/she have added value to the product and must include it with its profit to the second market price of the product. The more a product gains value, the higher the consumers satisfaction but the negation is the quantity consumed will be cut short as this is the duty of the product development manager to strike a balance between more value and quantity consumes and also note their elasticity. Though there are some exemptions, some value addition has the tendency to increase the quantity consumed and also widens the market space but there is always a trade-off. These have made economic analyst to disagree when some countries are termed production driven economy instead of value adding economy. By Onukwufor Chinemerem

how you be my friend?
wishing you good success.
other toads greet you.
Re: Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). by chinae(m): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

how you be my friend?
wishing you good success.
other toads greet you.
Laughzzzzz warri boi suspected
Re: Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). by absoluteSuccess: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
chinae:

Laughzzzzz
warri boi suspected

Who side,

I be Omo Ogun,

for real.

howdy?
Re: Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). by lashout1: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
This is educative.

OP u are the bomb.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG Medical Centre Refused To Treat Oluchi ─ Victim’s Sister / OAU Class Representatives Initiative Forum. [crif] / Can You Decode The Information These Artistic Pictures Are Trying To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.