Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On (1104 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO / Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by d33types: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
It's a Honda accord 97 auto . I've been observing that I cannot stay with the windows wound up without mist developing within 1minute except I use the A.C.

I have taken it to be normal till I drove my friends car(same model and year as mine) and I was driving in the rain for more then 20minutes without AC and no mist..

Any ideas for me people?

Ooh ..and the car was converted from rhd too.it was perfectly done to be noticed
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by kingreign(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
d33types:
It's a Honda accord 97 auto . I've been observing that I cannot stay with the windows wound up without mist developing within 1minute except I use the A.C.

I have taken it to be normal till I drove my friends car(same model and year as mine) and I was driving in the rain for more then 20minutes without AC and no mist..

Any ideas for me people?

Ooh ..and the car was converted from rhd too.it was perfectly done to be noticed

I would spot many things noticeable if I see that car. By the way, if you're in Lagos, call Gazzuzz 08023251039 to help you out. However, appreciate him handsomely for a great work done.

If you're in Abuja, call Mike 07034581213 he's gonna be of help, however, pay him handsomely for job done.
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
d33types:

Any ideas for me people?

well based on what you explained it either your ventilation setting are wrong or the convertion messed up the ventilation ducts

most car have a setting for ventilation/demist either allow air from outside to come into the cabin/car or not let it come in, most of the time if you set it not allow air from outside to come thats when the windows mist especially while raiing or too much humidity in the air

Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Conversion was poorly done. Heat from the engine bay area is getting into the cabin. A lot of leaks from cutting and welding not properly sealed.

Unfortunately I would not be able to help you with this job.
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by d33types: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ouch....

Thanks alot sirs .I suspected the ventilation ish ..you even slightly feel the heat coming from the engine bay..

Please gazzuzz , who does this kinda job? A.C repairers or electricians?
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
d33types:
Ouch....

Thanks alot sirs .I suspected the ventilation ish ..you even slightly feel the heat coming from the engine bay..

Please gazzuzz , who does this kinda job? A.C repairers or electricians?

Start with a a mechanic to take down all the parts that go thru the fire wall that do not have seal, then a panelbeater to adjust and wide holes, then buy all the required seals and make sure there are no gaps. Who can know it might just work out
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by Panelbeater(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Start with a a mechanic to take down all the parts that go thru the fire wall that do not have seal, then a panelbeater to adjust and wide holes, then buy all the required seals and make sure there are no gaps. Who can know it might just work out
like how many holes, do want to adjust...?
What is the brand of the car
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by Emekasmart(m): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Conversion was poorly done. Heat from the engine bay area is getting into the cabin. A lot of leaks from cutting and welding not properly sealed.

Unfortunately I would not be able to help you with this job.
You hav said it all,same happens wit my camry tiny light,it was also converted from right to left. I can't use the car without ac,if i dare try it heat will kill me right inside.. embarassed
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by DECOtech(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
d33types:

that's the culprit

the conversion was concluded without replacing fragments of the firewall that must have been torn out during the course of conversion. this then allows engine heat to sip into the cabin.
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by d33types: 3:37am On Sep 08, 2015
Panelbeater:

like how many holes, do want to adjust...?
What is the brand of the car

It's a Honda accord 97..bullet
Re: Interior Temperature Always High Except AC Is On by d33types: 3:38am On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks bosses .I'll visit the panel beaters + mech and get back to this thread

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better Between A 2006 Rav 4 And Matrix 2006 / Innonso Cars And Tokunbo / Check Out This Made In Nigeria Buggy "Rage Motorsports"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.