Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! (9108 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO / Help! My Car Jecks And Vibrates When AC Is On.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by zuzuki: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
The car is Hyondai Sonata 1997

The car engine and AC compressor was recently changed.
When the car is started and d AC is put on d car will start jacking and vibrating.
Initially whenever d car is started d engine will make some noisy sound but when the AC is put on d notice d noise will go down .
but now when d AC is put on its starts vibrating and making some loud sound from d engine.

Please what can be done . please help.
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
zuzuki:

The car is Hyondai Sonata 1997

The car engine and AC compressor was recently changed.
When the car is started and d AC is put on d car will start jacking and vibrating.
Initially whenever d car is started d engine will make some noisy sound but when the AC is put on d notice d noise will go down .
but now when d AC is put on its starts vibrating and making some loud sound from d engine.

Please what can be done . please help.

What's the idle speed of your engine? When you switch on your aircon, does your engine idle drop a lot, and stay low? I'm suspecting your compressor has bad bearings, partially seized. And your idle control...

Your engine rpm should drop when you turn on your aircon, but only briefly. Idle control should compensate, and increase it.

Loud sound from the engine - it's hard to work that out. Could you make a brief video or audio clip, and post it here?
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by Okanyidudu: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Check your plugs and coil to ensure that there is no leakage
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Okanyidudu:

undecided

7 Likes

Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by cyprus000: 12:28am On Dec 29, 2015
Okanyidudu:
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by disloman(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2015
Siena:

undecided
LolzZzzzzzzz.
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by zuzuki: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2015
Siena:

What's the idle speed of your engine? When you switch on your aircon, does your engine idle drop a lot, and stay low? I'm suspecting your compressor has bad bearings, partially seized. And your idle control...

Your engine rpm should drop when you turn on your aircon, but only briefly. Idle control should compensate, and increase it.

Loud sound from the engine - it's hard to work that out. Could you make a brief video or audio clip, and post it here?

Thanks bro , if hypothetically d compressor bearings is bad or seizes like you said . what is d next step.
Change d compressor or d bearing should changed or fixed? Becos we taken it for diagnosis at one center but they seems not to be able to determine d fault.

Thanks
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by zuzuki: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Okanyidudu:

Thanks man , we will look into that too.

God bless
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by ayokenny37(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
go check ur engine mounts (seat)
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by zuzuki: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
ayokenny37:
go check ur engine mounts (seat)

Kk bro ,will check it out.
Thanks
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by chisunday(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2015
CHANGE YOUR COMPRESSOR I DID CHANGE MINE AND IT WORKED
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by zuzuki: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
chisunday:

Does dt mean d current one is too big or too small for d car ? Ds will help in knowing which one to buy now because d current one was recently installed.

Thanks man .
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by cocoduck: 10:10am On Jan 01, 2016
chisunday:
diagnose it first do not be a parts changer
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by zuzuki: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
cocoduck:
diagnose it first do not be a parts changer

How is d diagnosis done and where can it be done ?

Thanks.
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by mayor2013: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
zuzuki:

How is d diagnosis done and where can it be done ?

Thanks.

If you are in lagos call multiautolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by Originalsly: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hmmm....shaking is one thing ...but shaking vigorously?... why do I believe the mechanic that changed your engine forgot to replace an engine mount or two?
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by Segzydann: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good day sir/ma pls I need your advice on my car, Toyota corolla okere juowoelo. The oil pump get the issue and I took it to a mechanic workshop for a replacement and since then the car did not do slow again, 3 different mechanics have worked on it but to no avail they said it rewire work, and rewire came to diagnose it and nothing was done to it, if I start the car in the morning I will have to place my foot of the throttle for about 20 to 25 minutes before It started doing slow, and if I now drive it for like 3 minutes and I disengage it from gear, it will now high as if you are on high speed. Pls, I don't know if anyone has experienced this before the person should guide me pls. Thanks
Re: Car Shakes And Vibrates Vigorously When AC Is Put On! by websitegurufix: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
Segzydann:
Good day sir/ma pls I need your advice on my car, Toyota corolla okere juowoelo. The oil pump get the issue and I took it to a mechanic workshop for a replacement and since then the car did not do slow again, 3 different mechanics have worked on it but to no avail they said it rewire work, and rewire came to diagnose it and nothing was done to it, if I start the car in the morning I will have to place my foot of the throttle for about 20 to 25 minutes before It started doing slow, and if I now drive it for like 3 minutes and I disengage it from gear, it will now high as if you are on high speed. Pls, I don't know if anyone has experienced this before the person should guide me pls. Thanks

You can ask them to check your throttle mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Registration And Licensing Of Your Motor Vehicle Now at your doorstep / Higer Bus To Build Bus Plant In Nigeria / Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.