Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? (34701 Views)

Aliko Dangote And Segun Awolowo Pictured In The Billionaire Private Jet / Fashola, Dangote And Amosun Commission Itori-Ibeshe Road / El-Rufai Dines With Aliko Dangote And john Oyegun At Lagos Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Obrigardo: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
Saw this post on facebook, and was wondering if it's true or it's someone's imagination running

Opportunity sometimes comes like Problem.

Aliko Dangote was born into a wealthy home in Kano. He got his first degree in Cairo, Egypt. He had always loved trading , and reports say he hawked sweets even as a primary school child , even though his family was wealthy. Dangote is really a very humble person even by the confessions of people who have interacted with him.
But Dangote is not the only hardworking Nigerian. He is not the only humble person around . He is probably not the most business savvy in Africa. But he is certainly the richest Blackman in the world . His companies employ over 11 , 000 people directly – not to mention , distributors, contractors and other vendors who depend on his businesses to thrive . Dangote is a blessing to humanity.
There is no family in Nigeria today that does not have a Dangote product in their home. If it is not sugar, then it is salt or the house you are living in was built with a Dangote Cement . Everyone has something to do with his business , so like Job he earns a little off everyone and that is the way to get wealthy.
Dangote is the 23 rd richest person in the world and is said to be the second most powerful African alive . The question is how did Dangote attain such a height ? Yes, you can’ t take away his hard work and business acumen, but that is only the starting point. The answer will not be found in the Forbes Magazine or on Wikipedia. The answer is in the verse of scripture quoted above : If you are willing and obedient you will eat the good of the land .

Sometime in the early 90 s Dangote had an encounter that set his foot on the path of destiny. Archbishop Benson Idahosa had some guests who needed to travel back urgently from Benin to Lagos to catch up their flight to the US . Unfortunately by the time the Archbishop took his guests to the airport they were told that the last flight for the day was overbooked and not a single seat was available. As a matter of fact , the passengers have boarded and were about to take off. Idahosa asked for the plane to be delayed a few minutes and walked to the tarmac where he was allowed to address the passengers. He pleaded with them about the desperate situation of his guests and asked that two persons should donate their seats for his guests to get to Lagos.
Everyone in that plane was a Christian. Not one of them bated an eyelid. Some pretended to be asleep, some pretended to be praying and the man of God stood waiting.

From the back of the plane , a young man asked the person sitting next to him to get up and together they vacated their seat for the American visitors.
Idahosa stopped him in the aisle of the plane and asked,
“Youngman, what is your name and what do you do ?”
“ My name is Dangote , Aliko Dangote and this is my assistant . I am a trader, a businessman.”
It was there and then, that Papa Idahosa prophesied to him that “ the World will get up for you”. He prayed that God should take his business beyond Africa and bless him beyond measure.

Today God has answered that prayer. God destined that blessing for someone seated in that plane that evening. But there was a condition attached to it –
Isa 1 :19 If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey , then I will make you rich! Dangote’ s wealth today was meant for a Christian businessman who was too proud, too fixated in his mind to offer the “ flamboyant man of God”, the “prosperity preacher” his seat.

My question is, if you were there on that plane, would you have taken the blessing ?
Pls take time n read
A lot of lessons.))
Food for thought.
Someone post me.
Share.

who can verify it's authenticity?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
cheesy
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ask Dangote himself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
cheesy

Do you have a Job? Where is Introvert and Lady F (art) when you need them
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
makeitsoon:

Do you have a Job? Where is Introvert and Lady F (art) when you need them

what do you need them for?
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by fromnigeria(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Only Dangote can verify this.

5 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by solodox(m): 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
#MINDBLOWN

3 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
But howcome nobody remembers the name of his assistant? He got up too...didn't he?

27 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by phyllosilicate(m): 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
If this were true, it would have been old news here in Benin. Church of God ministry members for done use am sing tire.

9 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
Another useless weak azz taqiyya

1 Like

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
This is a kind of false story my village catechist used to intimidate us into being good boys back then. cheesy

Taaaaa, how can they stop an already scheduled plane from taking off for Idahosa to address the passengers? Was he Nigerian president abi Wetin? cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by donholy28(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
How e take concern me
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by goldfish80(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
This is definitely not logical. The story is designed to hoodwink gullible followers into giving their last dime to their wealthy pastors.
If indeed this happened(the pastor stopped the plane from taking off) and Dangote became a billionaire because of Idahosa's blessings then it's only logical for every member of the pastor's congregation to be listed on the Forbes list. Let's face it, he blesses them every Sunday init?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by atlwireles: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
You people are now trying to insult the memories of bishop Idahosa, nothing is sacred to this Facebook and Twitter generation.
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by stevecantrell: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Dangote's assistant is here with me laughing his ass off !!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by gift01: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Na people like this op dem sing Iranu Abasha for....
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by byteHead(m): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Beer parlour tinz
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by hungryboy(m): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
This is what my Indian friends call bakwass (rubbish)

1 Like

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by tomakint: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
SirJeffry:
This is a kind of false story my village catechist used to intimidate us into being good boys back then. cheesy

Taaaaa, how can they stop an already scheduled plane from taking off for Idahosa to address the passengers? Was he Nigerian president abi Wetin? cheesy
It can happen, I mean stopping a flight for someone, at least I have witnessed that personally and even Pastor Tunde Bakare once shared this similar story on his way to Europe from Gatwick Airport

4 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by acidtalk: 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
BULLSH1T!!! FVUK1NG BULLSH1T!!!

Must some 1diotic brainwashed bigoted ignoramus brain drained religious slaves always think and spread crap?

Why didn't idahosa prophesize or pray for such for his own children instead of a stranger? Weren't his own children in financial mess and laundering charges as well as property scuffles amongst themselves some few years back?

Must you M00rons give glory to mere mortals instead of God (The Supreme being)? Why should it be a man to pray for you to succeed instead of God who in the distributor and giver of wealth, glory and success?

Pastors are behind the failure of 98% of broken homes today. Reason being people run to their pastors instead of God for help and direction.

OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL GOD ALLOW ME TO SEE ANY SITUATION THAT WILL WARRANT ME TO GO KNEEL BEFORE ANY MAN IN THE NAME OF PRAYERS.

I DARE ANY AND I REPEAT ANY RELIGIOUS LEADER IN NIGERIA TO COME OUT AND CLAIM HE IS HOLIER THAN ME.

I NO BE SAINT OH! BUT I SURELY HAVE A CONSCIENCE, FEAR GOD AND ACT RIGHT.

IDAHOSA KOH! IDIRANU NI!!

3 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by tohpahz(f): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
acidtalk:

Must some 1diotic brainwashed bigoted ignoramus brain drained religious slaves always think and spread crap?

Why didn't idahosa prophesize or pray for such for his own children instead of a stranger? Weren't his own children in financial mess and laundering charges as well as property scuffles amongst themselves some few years back?

Must you M00rons give glory to mere mortals instead of God (The Supreme being)? Why should it be a man to pray for you to succeed instead of God who in the distributor and giver of wealth, glory and success?

Pastors are behind the failure of 98% of broken homes today. Reason being people run to their pastors instead of God for help and direction.

OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL GOD ALLOW ME TO SEE ANY SITUATION THAT WILL WARRANT ME TO GO KNEEL BEFORE ANY MAN IN THE NAME OF PRAYERS.

I DARE ANY AND I REPEAT ANY RELIGIOUS LEADER IN NIGERIA TO COME OUT AND CLAIM HE IS HOLIER THAN ME.

U nid to be at borno fighting terrorists.. put ur anger to good use.

12 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by samueljonah(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
tohpahz:

U nid to be at borno fighting terrorists.. put ur anger to good use.
.... guy watch ur tongue pls
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by tohpahz(f): 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
samueljonah:
.... guy watch ur tongue pls

Gal.. u used please. Dats a start. smiley
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by ManTiger(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
goldfish80:
This is definitely not logical. The story is designed to hoodwink gullible followers into giving their last dime to their wealthy pastors.
If indeed this happened(the pastor stopped the plane from taking off) and Dangote became a billionaire because of Idahosa's blessings then it's only logical for every member of the pastor's congregation to be listed on the Forbes list. Let's face it looks, he blesses them every Sunday init?
You may not be completely right.
There was a testimony given by Oyedepo about how he made #5,000,000 offering to Baba Idahosa's church and he prophesy riches and anointing into his life.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by trippleKAY(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
acidtalk:

oh! I wipe 4your miserable life... U talked abt IDAHOSA like dat? Dis hw hw pple curse thr self unknwinly . SMH 4u bro!

2 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by gnykelly(m): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
it is pure lie.
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by goldfish80(m): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
ManTiger:

You may not be completely right.
There was a testimony given by Oyedepo about how he made #5,000,000 offering to Baba Idahosa's church and he prophesy riches and anointing into his life.
how about the other members of his church in their thousands, who drop their faden in the offering box every Sunday. Why are they not as rich as Dangote and Oyedepo? Which man of God blessed Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Sheik Mansour etc before they made their billions? Serious question.

1 Like

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by gebest: 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
DDeliverer:
But howcome nobody remembers the name of his assistant? He got up too...didn't he?
he was not willing to stand up but dangote forced him that was why he was not being held today, my immergination though.

1 Like

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yoruba slave trying to paint their awusa masters as clean.
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by ManTiger(m): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
goldfish80:
how about the other members of his church in their thousands, who drop their faden in the offering box every Sunday. Why are they not as rich as Dangote and Oyedepo? Which man of God blessed Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Sheik Mansour etc before they made their billions? Serious question.
I share your opinion bro, we're too religious with rigid believe in Africa same way gambler parted with their last cent with the believe of hitting the jackpot, no thanks to the state of the economy and the political arena. While some are hardworking and getting richer and showing benevolent to the ministry, many will be their and continue hoping for a better day, better day which may never come and the trends continue on and on.
Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by acidtalk: 4:38am On Sep 07, 2015
tohpahz:

MY FATHER nids to be at borno fighting terrorists.. To put his anger to good use.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Story Between Dangote And Benson Idahosa True? by acidtalk: 4:43am On Sep 07, 2015
trippleKAY:
oh! I weep for MY MOTHER's miserable life... SHE talked abt IDAHOSA like his her God. Dis hw hw she curse me and my siblings unknwinly . SMH 4 her!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FFK: Comparing Buhari To OBJ Is Like Comparing Count Dracula To Mother Theresa / Pictures From PDP Grand Finale Campaign In Lokoja, Kogi State. Atiku Spotted / Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.