Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Treadmill Or Running? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Treadmill Or Running? (1017 Views)

Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time' / Where Can I Purchase Fairly Used or Tokunbo Treadmill In Lagos / Cost Of A Treadmill Gym Equipment In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treadmill Or Running? by fitzainab(f): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
I’ve had a few clients ask me this question time and time again so I said I should do a little justice to settling it here. Before we go on, both treadmill running and actual running are great form of exercises that can have a big deal impact on your weight so don’t after reading this post abandon whichever one you were doing before. With that out of the way, let’s continue.
Is running on a treadmill and the calories burnt the same as running outside?
The first thing I’ll like to say is that it has been scientifically proven for treadmills and outdoor running to have the same body effect and it’s more a matter of preference but there are pros and cons to using a treadmill.
>> PACING: You can’t actually learn how to balance your pace at different soil topography on a treadmill. Allowing the belt rotate under you doesn’t give room for you to develop you pacing instincts. This can pose a little problem when you finally decide to go out.

>> MENTAL EFFECT: When you run outdoor, you go past sceneries; be it houses, parks, train stations, people hustling and bustling up and down. All these have a little psychological effect on you as your brain is more aware to the fact that you’re fully involved in the exercise.

>> MOTION: When on a treadmill, the basic motion you’re engaging in is ‘Up and Down” while in the case of outdoor running, you’re engaged in three different motion “Up, down, forward” with the third one being very important as you push yourself against wind resistance and some resistance from your own weight.

>> ADDICTION: Believe it or not, there are people who are so addicted to the treadmill, they won’t even take step outside even under the best conditions. The treadmill, like every other fitness equipment has a watchword to it – moderation. Try to use the treadmill as an alternative to outdoor running and not to eliminate outdoor running.

>> BOREDOM: Looking at it from those who’ve seen the mental impact, you won’t blame those who claim treadmills are really boring; especially those in work-out corners, where you lack the opportunity of exercising with a ‘work-out buddy’. Treadmills has indeed been tagged one of the most boring fitness equipments.
In all, treadmills are still really great but don’t become a treadmill junkie. If the conditions are right, use your outdoors double the time you use the treadmill weekly.
Do you have other views about the use of a treadmills? Kindly share with us in the comment section below.

Thanks.

You can also visit www.zeesfitness..com for more
Re: Treadmill Or Running? by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 30, 2015
Typical of lazy nigerians to avoid a fitness thread like a plague.
Re: Treadmill Or Running? by Chuksxp: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
Well, you have some good points. But for anyone who wants to get a treadmill because of their work schedule or safety concerns while running outdoors early in the morning, they can get them @ www.nassausportsng.com or call/whatsapp 08063530269
Re: Treadmill Or Running? by Chuksxp: 12:26am On Aug 24, 2016
Bump
Re: Treadmill Or Running? by Chuksxp: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
For those who don't know, this is a treadmill. There's the non-electrical type ranging from 75k to 95k. and the electrical type from 170k to 350k to 700k.

Re: Treadmill Or Running? by Chuksxp: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
Time to exercise! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable Miracle: A Chicken Without Head Survived For 18 Months / Esther Has Breast Cancer: Let's Help Her To Live!!!! / Why You Should Start Using Spices And Herbs In Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.