Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

How Good Is Daewoo Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Is Daewoo Cars (1564 Views)

How Good Is Flushing The Engine Of Your Car? / How Good Is Used Peugeot 407 For A Beginner... / Daewoo Leganza Engine Needed Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is Daewoo Cars by samally: 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
am planing of getting a low cost family size sedan car for my home use
I mean going to market and some little errand..though I have Toyota Siena but is getting old,so I sold it off before it become liability to me...
now am planning of buying Daewoo mid range family sedan car
how good is this brand? all the availability of spare parts..
Engine size i4
Year model from 2000-2005 Max

thanks a lot
Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by Whizpeter(m): 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
I'm here to learn...
Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 07, 2015
Daewoo Motor Co., Ltd suffered heavy losses due to the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis, and later went bankrupt in 1998 with debts of about $84Billion that also led to the collapse of 5 Banks in South Korea.

Kim Woo-Jung, the founder & chairman, fled to North Korea and returned in 2005 after the former Daewoo factory workers put up "Wanted" posters with his picture; he was promptly arrested & charged with masterminding accounting fraud of $43Billion and smuggling $3.2Billion out of the Country.

He was later sentenced to 10years imprisonment after being convicted of fraud & embezzlement.

On the last day of the trial, Kim tearfully addressed the court and said;

“I cannot dodge my responsibility of wrongly buttoning up the final button of fate”

Mehn, I luv that quote. grin

Now; back to the topic - @OP, where do you intend to source the spare parts for your Daewoo from? grin

3 Likes

Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by Originalsly: 2:21am On Sep 07, 2015
Zoha....after saying all this....I expected to see red ink...Thread Closed! @Op....my first thought was where did you happen to see a Daewoo....and second thought was you were buying it for spare parts. Zoha saved you a whole lot.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by samally: 6:58am On Sep 07, 2015
thanks for keeping me inform.... I think Toyota is fully badge with Nigerians ... though I have Volvo S40 on the way...

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by kingreign(m): 7:29am On Sep 07, 2015
samally:
thanks for keeping me inform....
I think Toyota is fully badge with Nigerians ...
though I have Volvo S40 on the way...

My workshop rejected a daewoo leganza because the owner always come for new engine change (changed engine 3 times).

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by samally: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2015
kingreign:

My workshop rejected a daewoo leganza because the owner always come for new engine change (changed engine 3 times).

Oluwa oooooo
this is terrible....
Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by airlord2020: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
The only Daewoo car I had personal experience with had engine knock on third mainland bridge and it was brand new then!! Don't know if it is a good choice
Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by Denn(m): 7:08am On Sep 08, 2015
So no one won a Daewoo Racer here?

Those times....I had all the crown corks except one.,.

Why Daewoo? A time-bomb-bear is gently hibernating and you want to prod it awake?
Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
kingreign:

Ehyaaaah, I remember when Daewoo Espero was trending back in the mid 90's, especially in that TV commercial where it was racing with an airplane.

There is indeed a time for everything. grin
Re: How Good Is Daewoo Cars by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 14, 2015
Daewoo or Coja? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Hard To Shift My Automatic Transmission Out Of Park? Read More At Http / Win Free Computer Based Scanner / 23 Years Old Lady Buys Herself A Brand New Mercedes, Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.