Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? (4939 Views)

I Need Recommendation Of A Nice Hotel In Accra, Ghana / I Need A Recommendation Letter / Abuja Hotel Recommendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by jerseyguy(m): 1:16am On Apr 05, 2009
Any recommendations for a hotel in Ikeja GRA? Though hotels prices are getting cheaper at Lekki (& of course closer to beaches), but I am about done with the traffic!

I have stayed at Elomaz twice and about 3 times at Savoy Suites. Well their prices keeping going up every 6 months, (& my last stay at Savoy, they gave my room to an Arik pilot - still upset about that).

Any other cheaper alternatives (max. of N15,000 inclusive of taxes)?. Any review of Tamarin on Adekunle Fajuyi?

My expectations are reasonable - clean sheets, hot water, A/C, a bar/restaurant with cold Gulder would be nice. Prefer GRA - don't want Toyin street due to Allen traffic.

Thanks for any info.
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by kadman(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2009
Don't know much on Ikeja hotels ( apart from Elomaz ),which you've already dissed,but hotels in Ajao Est - That's near Ikeja and the airport,are all new and cheap because they are new. There are some just off the road for easy access very near the airport,you can't miss it.
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by jerseyguy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2009
Thanks Kadman - I didn't "diss" them. They, Elomaz and Savoy, are nice places to stay, but they have increased their prices that the relative value is no longer there for me.

Savoy is often sold out, and "play games" with the availability of their rooms. I think some airlines have some rooms on "permanent" retainer. If they think flights will be delayed or not make it back, they offer that room to a retail customer, (this is how I got bounced on my last day after spending 5 nights @ 32k per night. I used that money to change my flight and came back home). Now, economy is different, I want to be more prudent with money, hence the 15K max! Really, just looking for alternatives - as you have mentioned there are new hotels. If they all have websites and link to newspapers and nairaland or other websites, it would be easy to find information!!!!!!

I have research the area you have mentioned. If you know specific ones, please recommend with name or contact information. Thanks.

Based on my quick research, the most appealing one in the area you mentioned is "Welcome Center Hotel" - which is also out of my price range. Even with Naira depreciation, 35k per night is still a lot of money!

Hotel Rates
We have a range of rooms to suit every budget

Junior Rooms & Suites         N35k onwards
Senior Suites                        N39K onwards
Deluxe & Biz Suites              N55k onwards
Presidential Suite                 N195k

http://www.welcomecentrehotels.com/index.html
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by kadman(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2009
Definately not Welcome Center - I know that one.
Hotels below 15k would probably not have a website,I'll get back to you on their names,it's a booming business so they all ALL OVER that estate and better than Elomaz but much cheaper cuz of competition. I stayed in one last week for 9k. I'll get back in a bit on their names
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by kadman(m): 9:51am On Apr 06, 2009
Lasal Hotel
Ibris Royal
Stop Over Hotel
Isno Hotel
Park Lane

Strongly recommened Park Lane,it's not on the main road,it's in the Est,but good and pricing from N 12,000
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by jerseyguy(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2009
Thanks Kadman!
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by kadman(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2009
That's okay,if there's something I know it's hotels,as I have to stay in one every Friday night after clubbing( my stupid street has a curfew and locks the gate ).
Lasal is also good,but might be outta your price range,worth checking though.
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Saddam: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
Parklane is Good safe, Only for their IT quality Have Dropped,
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by FemiFemo(m): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2009
Thanks for the postings, But can anyone get me the addresses and/or phone numbers of this hotels, Thanks, would really appreciate it because i will be coming home soon and need a cheap, but standard hotel, Saddam, Kadman, and others, help!!!
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Saddam: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2009
Hey all these Hotels got something in common!

I have been to palacin at Magodo.

I did setup their systems for The PMS
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by FemiFemo(m): 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hello everyone, u have all been very helpful, i can only say thank u all very much and hope to meet u all in Naija, But please keep the addresses and numbers of more hotels coming because u have directly or indirectly make the good choice for someone out there, I am sure more foreign based naija like me are very interested,

Love u all, my brothers and sisters,
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Sipsy: 11:21pm On May 03, 2009
This was very very useful information smiley ! Thanks a million! Will follow up the addresses and phone numbers for those other places but will probably go with Park lane.
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Saddam: 2:29pm On May 05, 2009
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Wayan(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2009
Does anyone know if LASAL HOTEL or HOTEL ROYALE IBIS are still in business? I've been trying to contact them but I can't find any phone numbers that work. Call me crazy, but I want to make a reservation there, so I don't show up to a full hotel late in the night.
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by edema77: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
Welcome Centre Hotel Rates now start from N18,000
4 star hotel on the airport road, closest to the airport and best road links to other parts of Lagos
www.welcomecentrehotels.com

Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Seun(m): 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bump
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by KemiNitestay(f): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2013
Visit www.nitestay.com for all your hotel bookings at an unbelievable discount.
Re: Ikeja Hotel Recommendation? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
I need a review on Hotel ibis royal, Lasal Hotel and greenland hotel, anyone who has stayed in any of them should please comment. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay / Cost Of Travelling To Dubai 2018 / This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.