Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 (4903 Views)

Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not? / Watch The 2018 Range Rover Evoque Drive Over The World's Largest Speed Bump / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Mlud: 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
I am contemplating a purchase of one of these and I ask current owners to please let me see these SUVs through their eyes.

Mercedes GL 450 - 2007
Range Rover Vogue - 2005/6
Lexus GX 470 - 2005/6

Please tell me what's good about your car and what you love the most.
What are the maintenance issues and what has caused you problems?

Is there anything you have not been able to repair?

They are all good motors and I have done some research. I just want to see how owners feel about them.

If you are reading this which will you rather have or buy and why?

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by lonelydora: 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
If its not Mercedes it can never be like Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
Mlud:
I am contemplating a purchase of one of these and I ask current owners to please let me see these SUVs through their eyes.

Mercedes GL 450 - 2007
Lexus GX 470 - 2005/6

They are all good motors and I have done some research. I just want to see how owners feel about them.

Thanks.
How dare you compare GL and RRV with a Lexus GX, its unfair. Let's go the right way, Compare GL, RRV with LX470.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Mlud: 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
@kingrein you clearly have strong views on this comparison. Please let's hear your views on all these motors and what you have against the GX 470.

Compared to the others I think the Lexus LX 470 good as it is, is too large and unwieldy. The GX470 will handle better and will lean a lot less going into corners which is why I am considering it.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Mlud: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
@lonelydora you haven't said why the Mercedes.
If I go for the RR which has its own character you are not suggesting that it is trying to be a Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by sultaan(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
You are asking Camry and Corolla users to give opinion on those cars is like asking a babalawo his opinion on space time continuum.

I beg go buy the one you like before someone mentions a highlander.

The best thing about your question is you never asked about fuel economy compared to some other misinformed users

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by jaz(m): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
highlander grin grin guy you are cracking me up
sultaan:
You are asking Camry and Corolla users to give opinion on those cars is like asking a babalawo his opinion on space time continuum.

I beg go buy the one you like before someone mentions a highlander.

The best thing about your question is you never asked about fuel economy compared to some other misinformed users
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Mlud: 4:13am On Sep 08, 2015
@sultaan valid point.

This is also a wide forum with all kinds of drivers.
Nothing against those who love their Corollas and Camrys or indeed Highlanders. They are worthy motors.

I know there are peeps here with these SUVs.You are probably too busy counting coins and negotiating the next big deal.

Come out here and talk some car talk..
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by YoungDaddyB: 5:57am On Sep 08, 2015
Hellooooo, I am really sorry for asking my question on your platform, new to nairaland and looking for where to write up a new post but don't seem to get it. Again I am really sorry.
My question
I have worked so had as a young guy and save up a lot and my business is doing too good. I love the Range Rover sports look so I researched a lot for the most reliable year from 2009 downwards and found 2007 and 2009 to be the most reliable. So I'm going with the 2009 range rover sports because the newer the better I guess.
Since the RRS 2009 requires premium fuel and nigeria doesn't offer that and octance boosters can knock or spoil the engine, what do I do about the fuel situation seeing that many Nigerians use RRS and seem to put some kind of fuel to keep their RRS moving.
Thanks for your time and once again , sorry.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Mlud:
@kingrein you clearly have strong views on this comparison. Please let's hear your views on all these motors and what you have against the GX 470.

Compared to the others I think the Lexus LX 470 good as it is, is too large and unwieldy. The GX470 will handle better and will lean a lot less going into corners which is why I am considering it.
*RR-V, GL450 are flagship product, they occupy the top of the food chain in their respective marque, so is LX470.
*Comparing offroading, the LX comes second after the RRV if it doesn't even go at par (its got a 1000mm fording depth compared to even a G wagons 600mm,
*Luxury is not equal, it is a very outdated design which started in 1998 running till 2006, except you wish to compare a new design in '07-'11
*For passenger space, they all offer 7-8 seating,
*For reliability LX it is, coming closer is GL450.
*for fuel economy, Prius, leaf, smart and eco wins.

As for lean when cornering hard, its a character SUVs must live with except RRS 2015 and X6M which are tuned to devil's taste.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by cardoctor(m): 6:53am On Sep 08, 2015
Versus Porsche Cayenne nko?
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2015
cardoctor:
Versus Porsche Cayenne nko?
kai... Why na?
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Empedocles(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
Mlud:

Mercedes GL 450 - 2007
Lexus GX 470 - 2005/6

Thanks.
bros if no b say I lyk u̶̲̥̅̊ I for tell seun to ban u̶̲̥̅̊,but pls don't make dat mistake again,"do NOT compare MERCEDES with any,,,"
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
Empedocles:
bros if no b say I lyk u̶̲̥̅̊ I for tell seun to ban u̶̲̥̅̊,but pls don't make dat mistake again,"do NOT compare MERCEDES with any,,,"

Taa park well, mechionu there, if not gbaaka door bikonu.
People dey compare motor you wan come compare carton angry

1 Like

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Gboliwe: 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
kingreign:

Taa park well, mechionu there, if not gbaaka door bikonu.
People dey compare motor you wan come compare carton angry

I saw your PM. I have replied it.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Gboliwe:

I saw your PM. I have replied it.
Thanks.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
This is a very interesting comparison, one thing is obvious you want a good V8 luxury suv. Sadly I would recommend the Lexus GX 470. Here are my reasons.

1. Being a Benz fan the GL450 is one of the most expensive benz to repair and believe the model year you're going phone tops the food chain as being very problematic with expensive repairs. The Shocks can set up back 200k for just one it uses the Airmatic suspension.

2. Range Rover Vogue nice car but you're going for wrong year again, from 2007 would be a better option cos the year you are interested in has the dreaded bmw 4.4 litre engine. The is expensive to run not like the GL450. If you chose the Range contact Sooperrescue and he help with parts and repair if you're in Lagos.

3. Lexus the luxury arm of the reliable toyota would definitely be reliable and cheap to maintain except from those with rear Air suspension which can be converted to spring. I have driven this particular SUV it has a good ground clearance, nice interior a few weeks toys to play with.

If I had your kind of budget I would buy the 2007 ML 500 with spring suspension end of discussion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
YoungDaddyB:
Hellooooo, I am really sorry for asking my question on your platform, new to nairaland and looking for where to write up a new post but don't seem to get it. Again I am really sorry.
My question
I have worked so had as a young guy and save up a lot and my business is doing too good. I love the Range Rover sports look so I researched a lot for the most reliable year from 2009 downwards and found 2007 and 2009 to be the most reliable. So I'm going with the 2009 range rover sports because the newer the better I guess.
Since the RRS 2009 requires premium fuel and nigeria doesn't offer that and octance boosters can knock or spoil the engine, what do I do about the fuel situation seeing that many Nigerians use RRS and seem to put some kind of fuel to keep their RRS moving.
Thanks for your time and once again , sorry.

Let's not derail this thread, the answers you need are here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1528141/range-rover-sports-club/10#37818041
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by DGD1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
cne010:
This is a very interesting comparison, one thing is obvious you want a good V8 luxury suv. Sadly I would recommend the Lexus GX 470. Here are my reasons.

1. Being a Benz fan the GL450 is one of the most expensive benz to repair and believe the model year you're going phone tops the food chain as being very problematic with expensive repairs. The Shocks can set up back 200k for just one it uses the Airmatic suspension.

2. Range Rover Vogue nice car but you're going for wrong year again, from 2007 would be a better option cos the year you are interested in has the dreaded bmw 4.4 litre engine. The is expensive to run not like the GL450. If you chose the Range contact Sooperrescue and he help with parts and repair if you're in Lagos.

3. Lexus the luxury arm of the reliable toyota would definitely be reliable and cheap to maintain except from those with rear Air suspension which can be converted to spring. I have driven this particular SUV it has a good ground clearance, nice interior a few weeks toys to play with.

If I had your kind of budget I would buy the 2007 ML 500 with spring suspension end of discussion.

waaaw
u have given an unbiased contribution.
Baba God step me up o
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
DGD1:

waaaw
u have given an unbiased contribution.
Baba God step me up o

My Brother due the fact that I love Benz make I no push person go buy the GL450 that car can send you back to your village.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by DGD1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
cne010:

My Brother due the fact that I love Benz make I no push person go buy the GL450 that car can send you back to your village.

loools
u do well jare
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Mlud: 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
@cne010 thanks for your comparison and your views. I am a Benz fan too and will like the GL.
I am going for a V8 with my eyes wide open.
It will be a multi purpose vehicle which is why I am plumping for an SUV rather than a luxury saloon.

You appear to be saying that the Lexus will be easier on the pocket. All my considered options have air suspension though the GX has the air susp on the rear only.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mlud:
@cne010 thanks for your comparison and your views. I am a Benz fan too and will like the GL.
I am going for a V8 with my eyes wide open.
It will be a multi purpose vehicle which is why I am plumping for an SUV rather than a luxury saloon.

You appear to be saying that the Lexus will be easier on the pocket. All my considered options have air suspension though the GX has the air susp on the rear only.

The GX air suspensions hardly fails. But when they fail, you could swap a Prado's spring to its rear.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by chukel(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
kingreign:

The GX air suspensions hardly fails. But when they fail, you could swap a Prado's spring to its rear.
Gx470 all the way. That engine never dies.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by Readonee35L(m): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
chukel:
Gx470 all the way. That engine never dies.
Gx470 transmission + Auxiliary. EXPENSIVE
Ac system Expensive.
Brake System Expensive.

Suspension can be changed to coil over. Same as the Gl450 or any other car with airs
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by kingreign(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Readonee35L:

Gx470 transmission + Auxiliary. EXPENSIVE
Ac system Expensive.
Brake System Expensive.

Suspension can be changed to coil over. Same as the Gl450 or any other car with airs

They hardly fail when used and maintained with recommended fluids and following maintenance schedule. The RR and GL will cost an arm and leg should any component go bad.
Re: Mercedes GL450 V Range Rover Vogue V Lexus Gx470 by sultaan(m): 7:02am On Jan 09, 2018
If I have to go through the bad section of Lagos ibadan or Ore express, which suv will you rather be in?.
The Lexus has all the pedigree of a Land Cruiser, but the Mercedes Benz will give you a good reason for concern.
RR is not user friendly in Nigeria compared to Lexus so I need work done on my car in any part of Nigeria is I am better off in a Lexus

(1) (Reply)

D Light Blinks Continuosly On My Honda Odyssey 2003 / Which Best For Commercial? Honda Odyssey 03, Nissan Quest 04, Or Madza MVP 02? / Car Logos And Their Manufacturing Countries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.