Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Joining Of Intending Couples In Their Absence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joining Of Intending Couples In Their Absence (322 Views)

Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State / Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joining Of Intending Couples In Their Absence by anukulapo: 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
Often times intending couple s arrive late to the venue (church). In most of the cases, it's the bride to be that is the usual latecomer.

The last one I experienced personally, the lady was about 2 hours late. Meanwhile, guests and officiating ministers are usually there waiting.
Also, some churches have more than one sets to officiate their marriage ceremony.

#I don't do well with the Nigerian time thing. No,not even at a wedding ceremony. I hate to have my time being wasted# Anyway...

Many churches have set up different systems of curbing this dilemma. Some, very brilliant but funny while others are interesting yet disturbing.

Now,the most baffling is the "hear-says" that one (popular denomination) church's approach is to start the process in the absence of the intending couple and guess what, if the intending couple are yet to arrive still, they will be joined in their absence.

1) Ever heard such rumor?
2) Do you think such joining is legit/acceptable?
Re: Joining Of Intending Couples In Their Absence by Mariecakes(f): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
That is funny
Re: Joining Of Intending Couples In Their Absence by Mariecakes(f): 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
That is funny
Re: Joining Of Intending Couples In Their Absence by ayobase(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2015
I have never experienced such.
But, everybody will need to stay put upon arrival.....lagos traffic could be demonic sometimes.

and if to be joined eventually, they should be called on phone, and put on speaker for all to hear exchange of vows and I do.

What when it comes to the period where pastor needs to ask the chuch if there is someone who doesn't want the two to be joined in holy matrimony..........whosoever had better enough unit on phone.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seventh Night Of Answers. / James 3 On The Tongue And Divine Wisdom / Friday's Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.