Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

I Need Information About Transportaion Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Information About Transportaion Business (9938 Views)

I Need Information On Where To Buy Garri For Commercial Purpose / Need Information About Food Stuff Supply/ Trading Business / Need Information On Withdrawing Money Directly From Neteller Or Payza To Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Information About Transportaion Business by nogames: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
Fellow nairalanders i want to consider venturing into transportation business. how ever i have little information about it.
i will be very happy if i can get detail info from experts here. i base in Lagos
although i am aware how difficult is it to trust Worthy personnel (drivers) apart from this i need the following information

Which is more profitable inter-state or commuter buss?
How much is delivery per week for both inter-state and commuter buses?
How much does it cost for park registration for both?

Thanks
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Midecuc(m): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
It's a nice business, but I don't know how it works in Lagos. I operate only in Abuja and I have been doing it for a while (my only source of income)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by PaulIneke: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2015
Midecuc(m) hi, what's your specialization in the transport business, i need information about it too,is it taxi, buses or?
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Midecuc(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Executive car hire is what I do here in Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by PaulIneke: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2015
interesting but how profitable is it, do you have a business plan?
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2015
No 1. Be true to urself. Can u handle inter or intra state bus business? Do u wish to drive d bus? Are you ready to make friends with Nurtw chairman?
Can you speak their language?
Can you initiate violence?
You fit break bottle?

If your answer is yes. Then go ahead.

For me I no fit do all that but I'm into transportation and its good business.

If you are the educated type. I advise you go into:
Executive car hire or
Bus Hire Service

I do both by the way. So before you choose. Tell me more about yourself. Educated or rugged.
Then I will continue with more tips.
Also where is your desired location?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by PaulIneke: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2015
lol thankyou especially for that anyway i am paul, an engineering graduate from the rivers state university of science and technology so im obviously educated and no im not into that rugged pattern. Im open to car rental and was thinking along the lines of leasing hiace to bigger compannies like "God is Good" motors for them to manage for a fee unless it makes more sense to manage it myself which i doubt
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by PaulIneke: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2015
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by PaulIneke: 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
hi, waiting for your reply
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
PaulIneke:
hi, waiting for your reply

So sorry.

I don't know about giving out buses to God is good.
But I know how to run a small scale transport business.

I can recommend 2 options for you:

1. Bus Hire Service: You get a Toyota Hiace bus. Neat and sharp. Fully air conditioned and unbranded. Then you market your bus hire service. There are creative ways to market this service even online.
Eventually you will begin to receive calls. Clients may range from individuals, companies, groups, event planners, churches etc.
You may even get a long term contract eventually.

I know this because I do it here in Lagos. Bus hire is good business if you know how to play the game. Supervision is key. You will monitor the driver and make sure he's not in control of cash. Clients pay to you directly.

2. You can also do the popular car hire business. But are you willing to drive or you will employ a driver?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by PaulIneke: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
ok thanks, certainly won't drive, i looking to a lease arrangement
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by dandy00: 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hello House,

Am using my Two years Savings to purchase a fairly used 18seater Bus for commercial purpose in #lagos....kindly advise me please.......

*How profitable is transportation business in Lagos?

*How do I get a good driver?

*what are the tricks and scopes of d business

*How much should be delivered per day

Assist me please.......
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2015
dandy00:
Hello House,

Am using my Two years Savings to purchase a fairly used 18seater Bus for commercial purpose in #lagos....kindly advise me please.......

*How profitable is transportation business in Lagos?

*How do I get a good driver?

*what are the tricks and scopes of d business

*How much should be delivered per day

Assist me please.......

First I will answer d questions. Then I'll state my opinion.

1. Very profitable. You may recover your investment in 6 to 12 months. Sometimes less

2. Good driver. There is no established strategy to getting a good driver. I can advise you partner with the agbero chairman. And work a profit sharing ratio with him. Then the chairman becomes a stake holder. He will handle the driver. I've seen this strategy work.

3. Tricks and scopes. The greatest secret (open secret) in transport is that the biz is dominated by illiterates. They have total control of the industry (road transport within Lagos I mean).
The educated class is completely left out. Now the reality is to play in the market you practically have to join them.

The solution for the ajebos like us here on Nairaland is to package it properly for a target market. Away from the boys. Or option 2. You join/partner with them.

Another scope. You MUST make friends with Lastma, police and VIO. You should know the ogas and boys one on one. I assume you know the advantages.

Mechanics can be a major headache. Rely on a trusted one.
Install a tracker. It will help when you least expect.
Maybe comprehensive insurance ( it will help when you least expect too). But don't inform the driver.

Fact is this: You MUST protect your asset.

4. Daily delivery it all depends on your agreement. Some guys do N6,000 daily for a tokunbo bus. Ikotun to Iyana Ipaja route.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by actoor(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
Please, I need a Toyota Hiace or mini Van on a higher-purchase. Please kind assist to start business. Thanks . BBM. 26671487. Email : act0or@hotmail.com.
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
actoor:
Please, I need a Toyota Hiace or mini Van on a higher-purchase. Please kind assist to start business. Thanks . BBM. 26671487. Email : act0or@hotmail.com.

Ok. I'll let you know whenever i come across any offer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by actoor(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
mrsage:

Ok. I'll let you know whenever i come across any offer

Thanks Bro. Ill be waiting.
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by dandy00: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2015
@mrsage,,thanks so much for ur information...
,it seems U knw much abt dis bizz v.well..

Pls is it advisable to give d bus to d driver to take home everyday or to b bringing it for parking every night in my house...pls what do u tink

Which route in lagos do you tink is more profitable pls..

And what ar d tricks of d driver b4 I get tricked pls ooo
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Bros. Even if dem park d moto for ur sitting room dey can still scam u.

I mentioned control d last time. A driver will always scam because you are not there in d line of duty. Hes alone and can come back to tell stories. To make it even worse for you (owner) the driver also is in charge of the money.

If you can not solve this problem dont start the business in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
@dandy00 any route is ok as long as u can monitor ur bus
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by cricifixo: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
nice tips mrsage, i however also need expert opinion on bus leasing business like getting hummer buses and leasing the out to big transport companies like chisco, ABC, and the rest. This is a business i am considering investing my money in.
mrsage:
No 1. Be true to urself. Can u handle inter or intra state bus business? Do u wish to drive d bus? Are you ready to make friends with Nurtw chairman?
Can you speak their language?
Can you initiate violence?
You fit break bottle?

If your answer is yes. Then go ahead.

For me I no fit do all that but I'm into transportation and its good business.

If you are the educated type. I advise you go into:
Executive car hire or
Bus Hire Service

I do both by the way. So before you choose. Tell me more about yourself. Educated or rugged.
Then I will continue with more tips.
Also where is your desired location?
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by CuteTj(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
cricifixo:
nice tips mrsage, i however also need expert opinion on bus leasing business like getting hummer buses and leasing the out to big transport companies like chisco, ABC, and the rest. This is a business i am considering investing my money in.
My father bought a sienna 2004 model bus in April this year and leased it to a transport company in Jibowu, Lagos State but unfortunately, he has asked them to put the bus up for sale just 2 months after acquiring it.

The agreement they had was for the company to remit part of the profits on the bus on monthly basis. The agreed payment came promptly in the first month while the second month's payment dropped drastically to like just 30% of the agreed sum. The reason they gave was that they had to replace the gear of the car for a princely sum of 95k.

Two weeks into the third month, the company said the driver allocated to drive my father's bus had absconded with the money made in those two months and there is currently nobody to drive the bus now.

Lesson: Transport business is a very lucrative business but an equally stressful one.

You can only make it in transport business if (1.) You drive your bus yourself and also collect the fare yourself (2.) You get a very honest driver who will not cheat you (hardly can you get an honest person in Nigeria of today) (3.) You are an agbero yourself and the driver of the bus is aware of this and thus knows he shouldn't dare to cheat you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
cricifixo:

My brother, transportation is good business.

I understand that the transportation companies manage buses for individuals but why not manage it yourself?

I deal with Bus Hire Service and I will always prefer to manage it myself.

You can retain more control. You even control the cash aspect if you know how to play your cards right.
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by mrsage(m): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
CuteTj:

My father bought a sienna 2004 model bus in April this year and leased it to a transport company in Jibowu, Lagos State but unfortunately, he has asked them to put the bus up for sale just 2 months after acquiring it.

The agreement they had was for the company to remit part of the profits on the bus on monthly basis. The agreed payment came promptly in the first month while the second month's payment dropped drastically to like just 30% of the agreed sum. The reason they gave was that they had to replace the gear of the car for a princely sum of 95k.

Two weeks into the third month, the company said the driver allocated to drive my father's bus had absconded with the money made in those two months and there is currently nobody to drive the bus now.

Lesson: Transport business is a very lucrative business but an equally stressful one.

You can only make it in transport business if (1.) You drive your bus yourself and also collect the fare yourself (2.) You get a very honest driver who will not cheat you (hardly can you get an honest person in Nigeria of today) (3.) You are an agbero yourself and the driver of the bus is aware of this and thus knows he shouldn't dare to cheat you.

You are correct. Spot on

1 Like

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by cricifixo: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
I am currently working elsewhere but need to open up other sources of income that won't disturb my job. From what i have read so far, its like executive car hire business is my best option so far. However, i will like to know what the cashflows from this business looks like
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by damianzo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Good lead. Tanx
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Autonomous411: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
am in abuja and about venturing into the business. Am at the stage of deciding which vehicle to buy.i am looking at a sienna for long distance routes frm abuja. Am d educated type but I feel I can do d driving rather dan a driver. Pls help me out

1 Like

Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by alexohams2000(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2017
Midecuc:
It's a nice business, but I don't know how it works in Lagos. I operate only in Abuja and I have been doing it for a while (my only source of income)

Hey bro, may I have your mail please, wanna reach on asap. Thanks
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Benteazaa(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2017
PaulIneke:
ok thanks, certainly won't drive, i looking to a lease arrangement

what ever you decide am a driver
my name is Emmanuel an Accounting graduate from UNN. am in Abuja and currently looking for a vehicle to lease or pay weekly. my number
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Citadel123: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
what ever you decide am a driver
my name is Emmanuel an Accounting graduate from UNN. am in Abuja and currently looking for a vehicle to lease or pay weekly. my number[/quote]

Mr Emmanuel, i guess u have reached your bus stop of searching because i stay in Abuja and ive been looking for an experienced, honest, diligent and trustworthy driver to drive my bus and pay weekly. email me @ glorious590@gmail.com
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Citadel123: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mr Emmanuel, i guess u have reached your bus stop of searching because i stay in Abuja and ive been looking for an experienced, honest, diligent and trustworthy driver to drive my bus and pay weekly. email me @ glorious590@gmail.com
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by bidemilove89(f): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
Pls o me am just viewing this great eye opener about transportation business o, if I choose to drive the bus myself, and I don't want to look like all these agbero will inter state be a better option for me? Or do I still need to be rugged with this option?
Re: I Need Information About Transportaion Business by Tinaslim(f): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2018
mrsage:

My brother, transportation is good business.

I understand that the transportation companies manage buses for individuals but why not manage it yourself?

I deal with Bus Hire Service and I will always prefer to manage it myself.

You can retain more control. You even control the cash aspect if you know how to play your cards right.

Please can you throw more light, in the case where you’re a beginner and don’t have steady client . Do you have a standby driver? Or employ a driver to pay monthly whether there are clients or not?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? / Importers Lament ‘high’ Tariff By Nigeria Customs / Nigeria Ranked Sixth Globally In Access To Credit - Jumoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.