Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes (1594 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. / Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes by ejinduadanna198(f): 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
How to cover a cake with fondant icing

1.Make sure that the large cake you want to decorate, has been coated with butter cream icing and left to harden a bit.

2. Take the measurement of the cake, so that you'll know the size of fondant to roll out.
 If you are working with a round cake with 10inch wide cake, that has a 4inch height, your fondant measurement will be 10+4+4, which will give you 18. 
 So the diameter of your fondant will be 18, but make it 20. It's better to have extra fondant at the edges, than not having enough. 

3. Place the cake on a cake board.

- Now, Knead the fondant until soft and pliable.

- Then, dust your work surface and rolling pin with icing sugar.Place the fondant on the dusted or greased work table, and roll flat with the rolling pin(about 1/4 inch thick) ; make sure that all sides are equal.  

3. Fold the rolled fondant on the rolling pin and carefully lift it up. Place onto the prepared cake.

4. Smooth the top and the side of the cake, gently pressing the fondant onto the cake; smooth out any creases on the cake andcut out the extra edges with a small knife.
 Set aside to dry.

Re: Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes by christinie(f): 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Not bad.
Re: Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes by ejinduadanna198(f): 4:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks
Re: Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes by oloriB(f): 4:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Lovely. I have been craving for cake for 2 weeks now, I would like to bake it myself. Please teach me how to go about it.
Re: Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes by ejinduadanna198(f): 10:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Check my previous post u will see how I explained how to bake a queen cake, follow d procedures u will get a wonderful cake. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

See What Is Used As A Salt Shaker At A Restaurant / Asgardian / Have You Seen Honey Comb Before ? This Is How It Looks Like (photos & Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.