Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana (1190 Views)

How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? / Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / 10 Core Benefits Of The Moderate Use Of Marijuana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
I stopped smoking cigarettes over a month ago and I even created a diary about it but what I failed to mention was I used to smoke marijuana too.

I have been feeling low and awkward since I quit. I had to Google about it because I thought I was going mad. I thank God I'm not and its just normal symptoms for people who quit. Here is what I found online...

Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms:

Anxiety – You may feel more anxious in social situations and develop some sort of generalized anxiety. This is the exact opposite of how relaxed you felt while using the drug – your brain is trying to compensate for the chemicals it received while you used marijuana.

Appetite changes – If marijuana helped boost your appetite, you may not feel hungry at all while coming off of the drug. In some cases, people actually feel hungrier coming off marijuana – it totally depends on the case.

Cramps – Some people notice stomach cramps and digestion problems. Others may feel achy.

Cravings (for marijuana) – At some point in time, most people will experience a craving to use marijuana again. This is because you stimulated your brains pleasure center and kept feeding it chemicals to make you feel good. It wants its fix, and knows marijuana makes you feel good, so you will likely crave the drug.

Depersonalization – You may feel like you are not the same person or are going crazy. This is usually a result of intense anxiety. You may have never felt this way before; your brain chemistry has been thrown out of whack.

Depression – Many people experience some sort of depressive symptoms when coming off of the drug. You may feel sad and as though you have lost all zest for life.

Dizziness – Some individuals report feeling dizzy. Try not to lose your cool if this is happening, just accept it as a symptom.

Headaches – Another common withdrawal symptom is that of headaches.

Insomnia – Not being able to sleep at night is a problem, but one that you need to tackle head on. Try learning some relaxation techniques or getting more exercise during the day to help tire yourself out at night.

Irritability – You may experience anger or frustration with the world when coming off of the drug. No one wants to get mad at little things, but this will eventually pass with enough time.

Mood swings – Some people experience extreme changes in mood when trying to quit this drug. You may feel alright one minute and then raging mad or depressed the next.

Nausea – Feeling nauseated, especially before, during, or after eating is common.

Sleep disturbances – You may experience crazy vivid dreams or have disrupted sleep where you wake up in the middle of the night.

Sweating – Some people end up sweating more than they normally would during withdrawal.

When will the marijuana withdrawal symptoms subside?

Depending on the length of time and frequency that you used marijuana, time period for withdrawal varies from person to person. Most people will notice that they are completely symptom free after 90 days. It also depends if you tapered off slowly or just quit one day randomly in “cold turkey” fashion. I think cold turkey is the best way to quit, but probably the toughest for your body and brain to re-adjust to normalcy.

Don’t freak out if you don’t return to normal after 3 months of withdrawal. Keep pushing forward and accept all of the symptoms that you experience without freaking out. Engaging in healthy activities like socializing, exercising, eating healthy foods, and staying busy will help you make it through this difficult time.

Fortunately marijuana withdrawal is easier than many other drugs – so consider yourself lucky. If you aren’t able to withdraw on your own or deal with symptoms, you should consider consulting a professional. If symptoms are still too extreme to manage, you may want to look into a rehab facility. Most people can quit with the help of family and a good social network.

Source http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2013/03/02/marijuana-withdrawal-symptoms-what-you-may-experience/
Re: Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Marijuana has zero withdrawal symptoms. All you feel're cigarette withdrawal symptoms. You only believe they're from marijuana because you're unsure which is which.

A chronic marijuana-only smoker can stop exactly the same way they start with no physical or psychological ill-effect. They only jump back to smoking because they claim soberness makes the world too dull for their liking.

Everything stated in your article is misinformation propagated by the general public who mostly have no experience with marijuana but still spread falsehood because these're stories frequently repeated on the subject.
Re: Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 08, 2015
charix:
Marijuana has zero withdrawal symptoms. All you feel're cigarette withdrawal symptoms. You only believe they're from marijuana because you're unsure which is which.

A chronic marijuana-only smoker can stop exactly the same way they start with no physical or psychological ill-effect. They only jump back to smoking because they claim soberness makes the world too dull for their liking.

Everything stated in your article is misinformation propagated by the general public who mostly have no experience with marijuana but still spread falsehood because these're stories frequently repeated on the subject.

Marijuana affects the brain and long them abuse can lead to mental illness so obviously withdrawal from it will have side effects and same goes for any addictive substance.
Re: Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
MrCuddles:

Marijuana affects the brain and long them abuse can lead to mental illness so obviously withdrawal from it will have side effects and same goes for any addictive substance.
I would not argue with you because you're ready to defend yourself using those same articles and not first hand experience.
I'm sure you had friends who smoked only marijuana and nothing else, yes? Observe those individuals and you'd change your mind about continuing this thread.
Re: Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
charix:

I would not argue with you because you're ready to defend yourself using those same articles and not first hand experience.
I'm sure you had friends who smoked only marijuana and nothing else, yes? Observe those individuals and you'd change your mind about continuing this thread.

Everyone is Different and withdrawals can affect every individual differently. Some smoke once and run mental, some smoke for 10 years and not happens. I'm not being defensive just stating what I'm going through. I have stopped smoking cigarettes before but not marijuana and nothing happened in terms of side effects but stopping both together is giving me mood swings and a few others symptoms.

Do you smoke? How long have you smoked?
Re: Symptoms From Withdrawal Of Marijuana by whizqueen(f): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
Great job buddy @MrCuddles

We're Celebrating 12 months soonest wink

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better, Slimming Tea Or Pills? / Organic Skincare / How To Get That Baby Boy You Desire Without Medical Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.