Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Family Mourns American Blogger Beaten To Death In Nepal. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Family Mourns American Blogger Beaten To Death In Nepal. (390 Views)

Sophia Momodu Mourns DJ Olu Abiodun: “I Don’t Understand How He Died In A Car!” / Flavour Mourns The Death Of His Dog, 2pac (photo) / American Blogger Shades Omotola And Her Husband; Nigerians Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Family Mourns American Blogger Beaten To Death In Nepal. by kolinton1: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2015
Dahlia Yehia was an artist, a teacher and a searcher, describing herself like this on her blog, The Tea Devourer: “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for, and that’s how I want it to be for a while.”

A few months ago she traveled to Nepal to backpack and help in the aftermath of April’s devastating earthquake.

Yehia, 25, arrived July 20 and kept in touch with home through social media. When she didn’t contact anybody after a WhatsApp message on August 6, her family and friends became worried, according to the “Finding Dahlia” Facebook page her family and friends started to help find her.

Last week, the family received the news they feared from the U.S. Embassy. Vehia was dead.

Kaski District Police Superintendent Hari Bahadur Pal said a man hosting Yehia in his home confessed to beating her to death and dumping her body in a river. The man met Yehia through couchsurfing.com, a website that connects local hosts with travelers, Voice of America News reported.

After being arrested on September 4, the suspect, Narayan Paudel, tried to kill himself by jumping out a police station window, police said.

Authorities are still searching for Yehia’s body. They haven’t offered a motive yet.

‘She was incredibly talented’

Yehia was remembered for her questioning spirit and artistic nature.

CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE STORY [url][/url]http://www.nairaroot.com/family-mourns-american-murdered/#.Ve7Mc8iL3IU

(1) (Reply)

Video] Don Jazzy & Korede Bello Perform At Cherubim And Seraphimanniversa / From Rags To Riches: See Patoranking’s Journey To Stardom / Could Mb Be Converted To Money??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.