Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? (2705 Views)

Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof / Players Used 'voodoo' Under Westerhof- Emeka Ezeugo / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by georgecso(m): 9:13am On Apr 06, 2009
I think Westerhof should be the best coach to handle Super Eagle. What's your take on this issue
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by tayoccu(m): 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
Guy be careful what you wish for, I'd prefer Bora to Westrhoff.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by Jarus(m): 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2009
Yes. . . even though I believe he can't do magic.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by tkb417(m): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2009
as what?

physio or what? cant be as a coach. never!!
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by Cristalz(f): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
Why can't he be a coach?

The man knows and understands Nigerians too well, just like he understands the way we play our soccer. I still think he'll do well with our national team IF they decide to cooperate with him.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by tkb417(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2009
Why can't he be a coach?

The man knows and understands Nigerians too well, just like he understands the way we play our soccer. I still think he'll do well with our national team IF they decide to cooperate with him.
is it about understanding Nigerians or understanding modern day soccer?
this isnt 1994. even malawi isnt a minnow anymore, we need a coach who can re-mould our psyche

check what fabio is doing to England. we need a coach that has expericence in turning around a sleeping team

clemence wont do anything
he'll be another recipe for disaster if he comes back

siasia shld be called to use his boiz
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by DrKitaun(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2009
WHY GO FOR 2ND BEST ?

Westerhof wasnt really the main man in the coaching aspect . . .twas Bonfrere !

but then WESTERHOF KNEW WHAT HE WANTED AND HE KNEW THE BEST WAY TO OPERATE IS TO BY-PASS THOSE IDIOTS IN THE SPORTS MINISTRY AND NFA . . .thats why he suceeded !

should we have a coach that would ignore all protocol and drive down Aso rock and demand what he wants in place for him to succed, it would have been easier but the fools we have as President and Vice-President probably have never kicked a ball in their life hence their lackaidisical approach to Footie isssues cry cry

God bless Aikhomu and Diya kiss

even ABACHA was great in this regard ! shocked grin
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by MrCrackles(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2009
Topic
NO!
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by tkb417(m): 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2009
KIT
God bless you!!!
Aikhomu was the reason why Clemence was a success and also JO Bonfrere

Aikhomu was a sucker for sports(soccer) and he made sure the eagles never lacked anything

forget this new dispensation. baba no go slow doesnt know jack!!!
someone who flet we should have been invited for the G-20 summit!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

abeg o, Siasia should be employed to use his olympic boiz
all other wastebags should immediately retire!
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by Cristalz(f): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

but then [i]WESTERHOF KNEW WHAT HE WANTED AND HE KNEW THE BEST WAY TO OPERATE IS TO BY-PASS THOSE IDIOTS IN THE SPORTS MINISTRY  AND NFA . . .thats why he suceeded !

Thanks for that, Kit.

@TKB
   What makes you so sure Siasia won't bend to the NFA? Westerhof knows their silly games and stuff and knows just how to deal with their bullshit. That's one of the things I meant by ''he understands Nigerians''.

The second is, he understands the country, the people, our lifestyle, etc. Trust me, those things come into play in the overall psyche of a player, which you mentioned.
   Was it not Mr. Whats-his-name that took the boys to train in cold Malaga for games they were going to play in hot, sweltering Africa? Was that not outright stupidity?
   Also a lack of control and discipline over the boiz. Mr. Whats-his-face was there when our boys went clubbing the night before they had an important game during Afcon.

Westerhof wouldn't exhibit such dullness/weakness 'cos he understands the Nigerian mentality, especially in the area of discipline, which most of our players lack in abundance.

In 1994, Keshi was like his right-hand man, and it helped Westerhof a great deal with the team. He understands that once Nigerians have a role model, someone they trust and listen to, getting them to fall in line won't be that difficult. Not just Nigerians, yeah,  but it's an important factor with Nigerians.

So, with him having this much influence, and knowledge about the Nigerian setting/ mentality, we can now look at his soccer knowledge/ expertise. Simply put, the man is good. He knows soccer too well.
   He knows what kind of players to look out for, especially left-footers to own that side of the wing. He understands width, depth. He builds teams based on each player's individuality. And again, he doesn't take bullshit from the NFA.
   Also, he is kind. He doesn't treat dedicated players like rags, which is why they give him their best.

Westerhof will be good for our National team if they give him the necessary cooperation, trust me. If he pairs up with Siasia, even better. But I think we won't regret having that man back.

Come to think of it, it's only a few people that still regard the man as white grin Hez lived in Nigeria for so long now, hez nearly one of us.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by DoubleN(m): 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2009
Siasia is the answer.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by switch47(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2009
yes as chelseas coach after guss hiddink
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by tayoast(m): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2009
I think it would be more ideal to pick someone from the East - say Easterhon!

Easter is around for crying out loud and we should be on-side!
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by SamMilla1(m): 12:07am On Apr 07, 2009
i was discussing someone after the Mozambique game. i think we should call him back
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by Cenk: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2009
Is hard time we value wot we have
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by annyplenty(m): 4:52am On Apr 07, 2009
i prefer the white-witch-doctor, phillip troussier
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by FADAKA: 5:42am On Apr 07, 2009
Common Guyz, why should we fall to this guy (Westerhof) hand.
This is a guy that was circulated round the globe after is stink with Super eagle in 1994
and everyother teams he went he failed.
I surely respect what he did during is days with super Eagle, but we are no more under dog to Africans or world
at large when it come s to soccer,
Henceforth, the witchdoctor, "wanna be kwararian" cant perform any magic with eagles ritenow.
I think SIASIA with wanna wins at all time mentality is what we need rite now.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by sley4life(m): 6:30am On Apr 07, 2009
yes
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by FBS: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2009
can we move forward in our football?
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by georgecso(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2009
Yes O! with Westerhoff
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by chidichris(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2009
83 siasias and 95 westerholfs cannot do better than what we have.
as long as aso rock has no other interest in the game outside using it to compensate political thugs, there is practically nothing we can do about it.
it was not a case of aikhomu or diya rather abacha himself was a man of football. this has to do with interest. look at eyinmba of aba under orji uzor kalu. they became the first nigerian side to lift the champions league cup and twice in a strecth.
wow! footballers seeing their leader on the bench jumping up and down acting as a coach. what can be more motivating. imagine ll our footballers then having direct communications with the then almighty abacha.

we could see ribadu and el rufai very active under obj bcs they know too well he has more interest in what they were doing.
as long as football will not keep pdp in aso rock forever, as long as football has nothing to do with our oil, as long as the aboki does not know or care about the happiness of nigerians, as long as football has nothing to do with inec, all we need is a man who love the game and is ready to look into the game that brought fame and respect to nigeria and nigerians and only then shall we beging to see committed players and crew s who will be ready to give their best.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 07, 2009
Siasia should be appointed Technical Coach then Amodu been the main coach!

The combination will be gr8
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by MAITEMA(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ topic

I dont think so. Westerhof is a pseudo coach-cum-politician. During his Super Eagles days, it was Bonfere Jo that had the technical & tactical input. What happened to his career after the Super Eagles job? Zimbabwe? He failed there.

All Westerhof did was talk and muscle himself over the NFA and somehow had unfettered access to Aso Rock/Aikhomu. He then came to Holland to pick a very good coach (Bonfere Jo). He combined both and succeeded. I must also add that our players couldn’t intimidate him which is a quality I suspect Amoudu lacks.

I also don’t think Amoudu can handle Super Eagles and in the same vein I will be cautious to call for a foreign coach as solution now because the mess Berti Vogts made is still fresh in our minds
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by mykali(m): 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2009
Westerhoff? of course not. the guy has HIV na? grin

on a serious note, he's total shyte.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by Meldrick(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2009
mykali:

Westerhoff? of course not. the guy has HIV na? grin

on a serious note, he's total shyte.

So what has HIV got to do with a man's coaching skills. Have u gone for a test to know your status before stigmatizing another. Afterall he looks healthier than you.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by manickal(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2009
lol, help me ask the mumu what the hell he's talking about. grin

but isnt westerhof old news.?
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by PurestBoy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2009
Wonder shall never end
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by ow11(m): 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2009
For all those stuck in the 20th century, Would you please wake up from your slumber and forget about Westerhof. There is no job that only one man can do, even the job of the SE 'Technical Adviser'. The difference between '94 squad and this one is hunger and the element of surprise. Nigeria has a name and players devoid of any hunger to succeed for their nation as they already have lucrative contracts. Compare Dele Aiyenugba's enthusiasm to Mikel's lethargy during a SE game.

Meldrick:

So what has HIV got to do with a man's coaching skills. Have u gone for a test to know your status before stigmatizing another. Afterall he looks healthier than you.

Note the smiley. . .
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by seunwizzle(m): 1:33am On Apr 08, 2009
hell yeah dat dude was da best thing to ever happen to nigerian soccer, so if we can get dat guy back it will mak a lot of sense, insted of wait 4 amodu to disappoint
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by venturesC(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2009
WHEN EVER THEY HIRE FOREIGN COACH THEY TEND TO MAKE SO MUCH MONEY ON THE DEAL SO YARADUA OUR PRESIDENT WILL NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN THATS WHY THE MAN THAT HAS BROUGHT GLORY TO OUR FOOTBALL WILL NEVER ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN.

WESTERHOF IS THE REAL MAN FOR OUR SUPER EAGLES AND JUST LAST YEAR HE DISCOVERED THE NEW OKOCHA IN HIS ACADEMY.

CARLOS VENTURES
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by samorijack(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2009
It's obvious Amodu is incompetent . He's had enough time to stamp in identity on the team but he's proven to tbe a disaster. You can't blame the N.F.F, htey've provided him with all he needs. I think Westerhof should be given the job, he's been involved with football at various levels since he left us, he's been busy.
Re: Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? by blacksta(m): 7:46am On Apr 09, 2009
Please bring back berti voghts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Again, Nigeria Falls In Fifa Ranking / Women's World Cup: Real Definition Of Sportsmanship (photo) / Asamoah Gyan Overtakes Eto'o, Yaya Toure To Become Africa's Highest Paid Player.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.