Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,093 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof (5603 Views)

Oh No, Not Untested Oliseh, Says Former Nigeria Coach Clemens Westerhof / Clemens Westerhof's View On Uche Case / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by eric1960: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2012
Former Nigeria coach Clemens Westerhof has disclosed that players bribed their way into the Super Eagles in the past.

According to the Dutchman, corruption was rife among the administrators of Nigerian football and national team selectors, sometimes invited players based on financial considerations.

"We had a situation where we had the wrong people in the wrong places, even in the Nigeria FA.

"We had cases where players paid money to the coach and said 'I want to play for the national team' and the coach would accept. They bought their way into the national team and it was an unbelievable situation. Very sad. I know these things," an angry Westerhof said.

Westerhof however admitted that the situation has changed for the better under the administration of current Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi, who he praised for inviting players on merit.

The 72-year-old coach further praised the current Super Eagles squad for their recent impressive performances against Liberia and Venezuela.

Westerhof led Nigeria to Nations Cup victory in 1994 and qualified Nigeria for her maiden World Cup appearance in the same year.

http://.co.uk/2012/11/nigerian-football-players-bribed.html?m=0

Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by yuzedo: 9:08am On Nov 22, 2012
I wish this guy was still our coach mehn! cry

3 Likes

Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by DANILSA(m): 9:10am On Nov 22, 2012
yuzedo: I wish this guy was still our coach mehn! cry
THEN BRIBE HIS WAY THROUGH, GIVE ME TWO MILLION DOLLARS TO PUT IN MY CAP, MAGANA YA KARE, HIS BACK. wink
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by miteolu(m): 9:10am On Nov 22, 2012
Clemens Westerhof was bribed in his time that is why he thought as much.
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by k2039: 9:11am On Nov 22, 2012
No wonder we fail woefully in intenational competition since the selection is not based on merit.
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by azpeculiar: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2012
This is no news!
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by ghettodreamz(m): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2012
Old Story! NEXT Please!
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by mymadam(m): 9:17am On Nov 22, 2012
azpeculiar: This is no news!

An open secret, I would say jaree!. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by etudaddy(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2012
Why won't the coach accept bribe? He bribed his way to become a coach so he needs to recover his money. Money for hand boot for pitch:::::::

1 Like

Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by aglomar: 9:33am On Nov 22, 2012
Truth time!
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by AlterEgoTM: 9:34am On Nov 22, 2012
STFU you cùnty pudsucking båstard!
Na today undecided Who nor sabi this before undecided
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by JayKid1(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2012
Old Story. Next Please.
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by Godjone(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2012
i heard that f.o.o.l making nonsencence vituperations dat luk scandalous on public tevision... Why now? Where waz this i.d.i.o.t b4 now? Why did he chuz nw to make his deceptive alegation? All is rubish is an ocheastrated plot and d continuation of their desperate plan in painting Nigeria and Nigerians as currupt ppl. The N.f.a shud wade into this issue and thoroughly investigate dis claim. If at d end none of this alegation is traced, dat animal must be made to face the charges of libel and slander. Enough of all this rubish...mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by Intrepid1(m): 10:37am On Nov 22, 2012
Godjone: i heard that f.o.o.l making nonsencence vituperations dat luk scandalous on public tevision... Why now? Where waz this i.d.i.o.t b4 now? Why did he chuz nw to make his deceptive alegation? All is rubish is an ocheastrated plot and d continuation of their desperate plan in painting Nigeria and Nigerians as currupt ppl. The N.f.a shud wade into this issue and thoroughly investigate dis claim. If at d end none of this alegation is traced, dat animal must be made to face the charges of libel and slander. Enough of all this rubish...mtchewwww

Who is this angry gbagaun master? It is patently obvious your family couldn't afford a TV when Westerhof was in charge of the Eagles. The man is absolutely spot on! Can you compare the 1994 Eagles with any of the dead teams that came after his tenure? Shey that's how you selected Femi Opabunmi and he went to the World Cup to admire David Beckham's boots? This one you are defending the NFF that everyone knows is a dead zone and staffed by incompetent thieves, is your father a board member?

3 Likes

Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by timbros(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2012
Intrepid!:

Who is this angry gbagaun master? It is patently obvious your family couldn't afford a TV when Westerhof was in charge of the Eagles. The man is absolutely spot on! Can you compare the 1994 Eagles with any of the dead teams that came after his tenure? Shey that's how you selected Femi Opabunmi and he went to the World Cup to admire David Beckham's boots? This one you are defending the NFF that everyone knows is a dead zone and staffed by incompetent thieves, is your father a board member?

lol @ Femi Opabunmi admiring David Beckham's boots...

How can one forget Bartholomew Ogbeche who played one bicycle kick against Sweden in a friendly and pronto, he was taken to the world cup in 2002...lol
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by mutiply: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
^
you guys seems to have forgoten about victor agali and pius ikedia
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by AtheistD(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
mutiply: ^

I liked Pius Ikedia embarassed
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by ionsman: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
timbros:

lol @ Femi Opabunmi admiring David Beckham's boots...

How can one forget Bartholomew Ogbeche who played one bicycle kick against Sweden in a friendly and pronto, he was taken to the world cup in 2002...lol
Not against sweden.....it was against paraguay.....
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by Godjone(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Intrepid!:

ur write- is mis-leading, senceless and useless. This is a clear case of gross incopetence and irationality dis-order. U r a waste to ur generation idiot
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by misterhillz(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
Godjone: i heard that f.o.o.l making nonsencence vituperations dat luk scandalous on public tevision... Why now? Where waz this i.d.i.o.t b4 now? Why did he chuz nw to make his deceptive alegation? All is rubish is an ocheastrated plot and d continuation of their desperate plan in painting Nigeria and Nigerians as currupt ppl. The N.f.a shud wade into this issue and thoroughly investigate dis claim. If at d end none of this alegation is traced, dat animal must be made to face the charges of libel and slander. Enough of all this rubish...mtchewwww
big small pickin!! just reason wetin you dey talk you go know say u no make sense at all!!
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by misterhillz(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
ur write- is mis-leading, senceless and useless. This is a clear case of gross incopetence and irationality dis-order. U r a waste to ur generation idiot[/quote] shut up your mouth...how many years u be sef?
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by tlops(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
mutiply: ^

Pius Okada
Re: Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof by manuch(m): 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
westerhof should not make allegations without proof.

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Vs Oleksandr Usyk: Time And How To Watch In Nigeria (LIVE) / Sure Betting Code For Today.....(bet9ja) / Its Not Too Late To Join D Winning Group 5-10 Daily..always Smiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.