Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Female Child #thegirlchildplight - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Female Child #thegirlchildplight (734 Views)

Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child / Which Is Better Between A Male Child And A Female Child? / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Female Child #thegirlchildplight by Babsopey(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
My friend wrote this and I shared the burden.

THE FEMALE CHILD
Article 1 Vol 1

This last 3 months, there's hardly any day that incidents of rape, child molestation, incest and other forms of sexual perversion have not surfaced on the news (newspaper reviews) on radio.

Few Spectacular Sample Cases:

* last week, a young guy less than 27 was caught and reported having sex with corpse.

* two weeks ago, a man was arrested for having an affair with his 14year old stepdaughter. That was after he divorced his wife who happened to be the lady's mother.

* a man in Ogun state molested his own daughter and two nieces at their mothers' absence.

* about a month ago, one UNILAG lecturer was reported to have forcefully raped a 16year old seeking admission to the school, in his office. He's a PhD holder for goodness sake.

* just yesterday, it was on radio that a 35year old man was arrested in Lagos for sexually abusing his 7year old daughter. The child confessed that the father had been giving her #10 each time after molesting her. The father even taught her masturbation; in case she has an urge and he's not around.

I know religious people will have a simple and straightforward answer for all of these abominable acts. They will say: "Devil is the one orchestrating all of those".

Though, I do not totally disagree with their conclusion, I just feel it is naivety if all we do is: exclaim at the mention of the news, pity the victim(s), and shout to the highest heavens the kind of punishment fit for the offender/perpetrator.

Article 1 Vol 2

True compassion will see to it that: the cause of the problem is found out and appropriate measures taken to curb the continuity of the shameful act. While true 'sense-of-responsibility' to the innocent children around will compel us - the elderly ones - to attack and defeat the structures, systems, orientations, philosophies, and programmings that are responsible for infusion, conception, development, sustenance, transmission and execution of immoral and impure thought patterns.

And our love for the younger generation and commitment to seeing that we deliver to them a sane and safe environment (an environment where their children - male and female - can walk around freely with no fear of attack) will move us to ensure absolute sanitation of the mechanisms through which promiscuity and all other shameful immoral acts are beautified distributed and taken mainstream.

Considering the height of the evil and devastating weight of the atrocities perpetrated against innocent female children in our community, I wonder if my own female children will ever be safe, if we continue this way till I have them. But my consolation is that; since I would never do such evil to any man's child, I can be rest assured that heavens will watch over my kids.

I know and I'm very sure that I'm not the only one thinking this way. Perhaps you are. But we have to look away from ourselves. "The safety and wellbeing of everyone means the safety and wellbeing of somebody". It is time we made adjustments and look after one another. The heights of our fences will have to come down a bit.

To be continued...

Article 1 Vol 3

We cannot make any significant progress as a people, a community or a nation, having:

* the intellectual development of some of our girls at risk or disturbed by untamed evil walking freely around us.

* one out of every 100 of our daughters traumatized by the memories of horror of rape.

* the emotional balance of some of our girls in jeopardy resulting from unbearable burdens of years of sufferings in silence.

* the potentials of some of our girls caged and their creative ability murdered by the reality of being the casualty of the ruins left by wild passion of cruel men.

* mental and physical health of some of our innocent teenage girls at risk as a result of carrying unwanted pregnancies donated by a father who is nothing but a curse.

* one out of every 100 of our daughters attempting or undergoing abortion in a bid to have their body freed from the pains and burdens but in the end have their conscience injured and their soul weakened.

* one out of every 100 of our single ladies addicted to sex, masturbation, all because of repeated molestations during their early formative years.

The 'danger sign' has been all around us for some times now, telling us that the girl child needs more attention; care, love and protection than we're currently giving. Painfully, we've for long walked around the warning signs, not noticing anything, and now what we see all around us, hear on the news, see on the TV are the aftermaths of our neglects, nonchalance and inactions.

The devastation is much, no doubt. And the task of safeguarding the 'female-child-world' isn't a child's play. As much of us, I mean the majority, know what is wrong, and several others are not happy with the disorder and impediment, we all should equally harness our different views and fragmented solutions in order to form a rock-solid formidable answer to the plight of the suffering/victimized children and an unbeatable shield for the unaffected ones.

To be continued in a later date...

#TheGirlChildPlight | #OluwasolaOmole
Re: The Female Child #thegirlchildplight by kurupt1: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
What about the male child?don't they suffer molestations and different forms of abuse?OP, these evils have been in society for a very long time,its just that with modernisation and information people are getting aware of them. I hope your not hiding under female girl child sufferings to propagate feminism.Because this feminism is ultimately causing more harm than good in our solid african marriages.
Re: The Female Child #thegirlchildplight by crackhaus: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
kurupt1:
Because this feminism is ultimately causing more harm than good in our solid african marriages.
That's because they're not facing the serious issues that matter like in the OP, but would rather spend their time trying to convince women to share chores 50/50 with husbands, having a cooking timetable, arguing about who should wash clothes or dish the food, and just basically crying endlessly about how patriarchy ruined their beautiful lives...
Re: The Female Child #thegirlchildplight by Rukkydelta(f): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good
Re: The Female Child #thegirlchildplight by Pidggin(f): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
@OP God bless u for this. Girls are at the receiving end of all kinds of violence. Something urgent needs to be done to protect our girls from monsters in human skin.

1 Like

Re: The Female Child #thegirlchildplight by bukatyne(f): 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
I agree that rape has become an epidemic in our society however it affects female and male children so it should be the plight the Nigerian child suffers.

(1) (Reply)

If You Never Did This Before Then You Have Missed Something Big / They Pretend To Be Friends, But Your Failure Makes Them Happy / Please Are They Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.