Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev (746 Views)

My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold / 2004 Nissan Maxiam Hard Starting......please Help / Car Hesitates When Engine Is Cold And 'groans' When Moving In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev by nativedoctor(m): 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
deaar friends,
i need assistance from people who have had similar issues and solutions.
i am about to purchase a 2003 landcruiser with an in line 6 cylinder engine which has a reputation for durability. however the seller just told me that in the morning when the engine is cold it starts after cranking the engine about 3 times (could be more) and that the engine doesnt rev ("raise"wink till after about 2 mins and it has warmed a bit.
i am a bit worried about this issue since i dont have a good mechanic and i detest and completely distrust ladipo guys.
i am getting a good deal and at the same time i dont want to "enter one chance".
any suggestions on what could cause the cold hard start and non reving while cold?
help appreciated.
thanks
Re: Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09am On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev by nativedoctor(m): 6:35am On Sep 09, 2015
i get it. thanks man.
but has anyone else had the same experience? after diagnosis how did you get it sorted?
any grey areas?
Re: Hard Starting When Engine Is Cold And Wont Rev by mayor2013: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2015
You were asked to consult the oracles. That should be much easier for you from your name or do you want us to consult the oracle on your behalf. My name is not native doctor oh grin

(1) (Reply)

Fufu!!! / Camry V6 2000 Model Engine And Transmission Oil Type / In Need Of A Chrysler Mechanic In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.