Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Surviving As A Real Estate Broker In A Challenging Economy - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Surviving As A Real Estate Broker In A Challenging Economy (312 Views)

A Real Estate Agent's Encounter With 419 Scammers / I Want To Set Up A Real Estate Company, What Are The Things I Need To Do? / How does one become a real estate broker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surviving As A Real Estate Broker In A Challenging Economy by souqgrandeur: 4:07am On Sep 09, 2015
For everyone living and working in Nigeria I think we all deserve a big kudus. You will agree with me that since October 2014, it has been one major challenge after the other in the country.

First it was the Political activities in the nation (which literally shut down the whole economy) then, the drop crude oil prices which affected the nation’s revenue adversely, the over 40% fall of the Naira against the US Dollars (which is just killing everything) is another major economy crippler not to talk of the very many internal factors (such as security, non appointment of Ministers, Cold Wars in the Senate and House of Representatives, non payment of salaries in the public sector for months now. etc).

We’re not here to highlight the catalogue of woes afflicting the nation but to acknowledge the fact that there are serious issues in the country and every sector is affected. Well I’m sure the various sectors in the country are working on their survival tactics but I’m here to simply highlight a few things you need to do as a real estate broker in this period to ensure your survival:

1.) Expand your reach: Since there is a major shrink in the economy it is only logical to say that you need to get new clients as most of the ones you currently have may be cutting down on costs and won’t be making major real estate investments at this time.

2.) Give your clients more property options: For instance if you were only offering properties of about N200 Million and above to your clients before, you can recommend equally good properties of between N50 – N100 Million in emerging locations. More like product diversification.

http://www.souqgrandeur.com/surviving-as-a-real-estate-broker-in-a-challenging-economy/

(1) (Reply)

4 Sale List Of Fiiling Station,,@lagos 07034770232 Sammy / Apartments To Let In Yaba(2,3 Bedroom,roomself Contain And Miniflat ) / 4 Sale Various Plot Of Land,,@ Ketu~alapere~ikosi~shangisha,,5m,,15m,,30m Dry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.