Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Can A Ps4 Bought.norway In Norway Function In Nigeria? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can A Ps4 Bought.norway In Norway Function In Nigeria? (1189 Views)

Cheapest Place To Get A Ps4??? And How Much Is It / The Best Games Ever Made On Ps3, If U Haven't Played These Games Don't Buy A Ps4 / Between An Alienware 17 And A Ps4 Which Is Preferable To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Ps4 Bought.norway In Norway Function In Nigeria? by sonuwaje: 5:37am On Sep 09, 2015
Dear All
Pls advice if a ps4 console bought in Norway will function in Nigeria. I hear these consoles are region marked or coded? Pls advice
Re: Can A Ps4 Bought.norway In Norway Function In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2015
See question.

Your phone was produced in China, did it work in Nigeria?
Your laptop was produced in China, did it work in Nigeria?
Your fridge, same China. TV? China. Wrist watch? Most likely China. The PS4 bought in Norway, guess where it was produced.

Check the voltage supplied in Norway to know whether you'd need a converter. Most American countries supply 180v while European ones(and African) supply 220v.

1 Like

Re: Can A Ps4 Bought.norway In Norway Function In Nigeria? by owenlinks(m): 9:46am On Sep 09, 2015
It will, the ps4 uses a blu ray disc which is not region marked and the power voltage is universal, you can practically use it anywhere. Bought mine off jumia, after much googling; I recently discovered it's the malaysian version. Works like a charm
sonuwaje:
Dear All
Pls advice if a ps4 console bought in Norway will function in Nigeria. I hear these consoles are region marked or coded? Pls advice

1 Like

Re: Can A Ps4 Bought.norway In Norway Function In Nigeria? by cao(f): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2015
PS4 games are regionless, your issues would be:
1. Entertainment (film/TV/music) Blu-Rays which would be region locked.
2. PSN DLCs might be an issue, if you bought a new special edition of a game from (let's say) the US and your PSN account is set to (let's say) France, you'd technically have a problem. Although, you could simply create another PSN account based in the US & download the DLC to your PS4 and then switch back to your main account to play.
3. Power might be an issue, a quick Google search shows me that the power plug is different from what we're used to - Nigeria uses the same plug as the UK. Fortunately, they use the same voltage, so you only need to invest in an adapter.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HELP: I Need The Link To Download PES 2015.iso / Fifa 17 New Features And Amazing Upgrades / Telltale Games Is Working On Guardians Of The Galaxy Game For 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.