Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

David De Gea Eyes Man Utd Starting Place - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David De Gea Eyes Man Utd Starting Place (303 Views)

David De Gea Becomes The 1st Goalkeeper To Make The Least Saves At The World Cup / David De Gea Wins Manchester United 'player Of The Year Again / David De Gea- It Was Hard Watching Champions League From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

David De Gea Eyes Man Utd Starting Place by sunnity15: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2015
David de Gea eyes Man Utd starting place

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea returned to action when started ahead of national team captain Iker Casillas in Spain’s 1-0 win over Macedonia.

It was his first game back since the end of July and the 24-year-old says he is now focused on reclaiming his number one spot with Manchester United.

David de Gea saw a transfer move to Real Madrid break down on the final day and has missed Manchester United’s first four games in the league.

“I felt so good,” De Gea told reporters after the win in Macedonia.

“I hope that I now have some good fortune also with my club.

“The support I received have been so important. I have awesome team-mates.”
Manchester United teammate Juan Mata, who scored the only goal of the game, was quick to praise De Gea putting his club troubles behind him to put up a good showing for Spain

“De Gea hadn’t so much work to do but he is always very focused,” he said. “He’s a good professional”

Meanwhile, Del Bosque added that he had no concerns about De Gea being rusty.

“We trust in all of players and, of course, De Gea,” he stated.

“But, overall, we didn’t play well. Our opponent was very good, focused, solid and intense.”

Spain’s victory in Macedonia means that they can seal their place at Euro 2016 by beating Luxembourg next month.

http://aeronews247..com.ng/2015/09/david-de-gea-eyes-man-utd-starting_8.html

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Midfielder Jack Wilshere 'out Until Christmas' / Allow Whole New Species Of Powerful / Swiss Attorney General Opens Criminal Proceedings Against Sepp Blatter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.