Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine (48255 Views)

Codeine Ban: Five Other Pharmaceutical Drugs Abused By Nigerians / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / I'm Addicted To Codeine , Weed, Tramadol And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
rasojie:
LOL at Marijuana Activists... was once a huge fan of the herb until recently.....when i realized that Marijuana Itself is not bad... but smoking is A bad habit
I just realized the need to control my life and make myself happy...not depending on any substance to achieve that effect.
tongue

That's it! @underlined.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by pharezonome: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
I've visited many blogs but I've never visited a blog that completely covers everything I need. I was surfing the net when I stumbled on this blog. At first, I was'nt optimistic about what I was gonna find inside but after I visited it for the first time. I couldn't stop but visit it over and over again everyday. I've decided not to be selfish, so I'm gonna let you visit it too and have the fun that I had.
http://www.naijaweyre..com
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Same here @ emboldened. Why should I take drugs?
The first time I saw a guy taking it, I asked if he has cough, he said yes_ then he gulped 1bottle and all my big eye popped.

I was wondering if he was suffering from tuberculosis...
No be only cough grin grin grin... Babes and bobos don turn cough syrup to 'highness things.'
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by ststyreal(f): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Atmmachine:
I hate that shiit.
I have tried every hard drugs & every shiity stuffs
Codeine
Tramadol
Captain black
Cigarettes
I tell you what ?? It's just rubbish.

I only do marijuana now because it has so many values.
Huh! In felas voice ' trouble dey sleep yagan dey go wake am'. D last time I checked, marijuana leads to colomental. Somebody should please stay off it and embrace healthy life style. Abeg, no vex for me oooo, I just dey talk out of a friendly heart. For warri here, most people wey dey Colo for d street, dem say na marijuana wey u say u like na im dey cause am, na im make me dey talk. No vex abeg, one love broda!

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
mickey45:

And the vices you mentioned never take place in your "North" either do they?

You people shd stop this finger-pointing habit of yours, it's worse than addictions themselves.

The OP pointed to the misuse of a cough syrup for anti-depressant purpose and you're here showing yourself no better bigot than the person you're blaming.
I even forget some, prostitution, kidnapping, adultery and fornication.... Na them dey waka waka for south
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
mickey45:

You people shd stop this finger-pointing habit of yours, it's worse than addictions themselves.

The OP pointed to the misuse of a cough syrup for anti-depressant purpose and you're here showing yourself no better bigot than the person you're blaming.
I forgot some make carry them join kidnapping, prostituition, fornication and adultery when I dey ABU Zaria the Number of southern girls wey I fon Bleep, I no fit count them, mostly delta, yoluba and igbo, b4 u go see 1 nothern girl wey go gree give u toto u go see 15-20 southern girl, all strudents
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
mickey45:

I forgot some make carry them join kidnapping, prostituition, fornication and adultery when I dey ABU Zaria the Number of southern girls wey I fon f*ck, I no fit count them, mostly delta, yoluba and igbo, b4 u go see 1 nothern girl wey go gree give u toto u go see 15-20 southern girl, all students
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Atmmachine(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
ststyreal:

Huh! In felas voice ' trouble dey sleep yagan dey go wake am'. D last time I checked, marijuana leads to colomental. Somebody should please stay off it and embrace healthy life style. Abeg, no vex for me oooo, I just dey talk out of a friendly heart. For warri here, most people wey dey Colo for d street, dem say na marijuana wey u say u like na im dey cause am, na im make me dey talk. No vex abeg, one love broda!

You have a stinking Nigerian mentality.
Obama don Kolo ??
In Nigeria, if anyone goes mentally insane, they will blame marijuana.
You're nothing but an ignorance ass hole.
So, my lecturers don kolo ??
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Why is that? I'm not a cop I promise.cheesy
No, it's not that...
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by kensaki2015(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ask #google.com
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by freecocoa(f): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
BoboYekini:
No, it's not that...
Tell me then.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Tell me then.
Nah, not here..
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by freecocoa(f): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
BoboYekini:
Nah, not here..
Okay then.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by enomakos(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wonder wonder will never end
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by lokoloko84(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Phinity318:

2 Max..hope I am not abusing it?
You are not abusing the drug.The maximum daily dose for tramadol is 400mg.Once,the pain is relieved stop the drug.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Chommieblaq(f): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Emeskhalifa:

just like cancelling of bottles is so common in the east tongue
yea cancelling of bottles in the East. Buh northerners take hard drugs, solution, codeine, tramon name it is.

I stay in the North, I know what am talking about embarassed
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Chommieblaq(f): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Warmis:
na cocain, rape, robbery and drunkards common in Ūя̲̅ place south
Oh Really angry
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Crixina(f): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
tolexy007:
shocked hearing this for the first time shocked......pls what is Codeine?
it's a kind of biscuit.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by kayalla(f): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
make i go try sef, shebi na medicine
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by kayalla(f): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
make i go try sef, shebi na medicine
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by classicalbenson(m): 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
OK.....but a man has got to do what a man has got to do
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by ststyreal(f): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Atmmachine:

Obama don Kolo ??
Huh! So because obama and ur lecturer never colo naim b say gbana no dey make person colo. U c, u r displaying one of d xteristics of a gbana guy. Y r u so aggressive and insultive at d same time. Look at my manner of expression and approached, I ask u not to b angry that am only showing concern as a sister to a broda, what wrong have I committed that led to all these insult from u, any way, I shouldn't b surprise coming from a gbana guy like u but I still dont expect u to display the effect of ur gbana on a public fora like this. May God help u. No vex even tho I know say u go still vex.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by AreaFada2: 4:35am On Sep 12, 2015
Quite often people forget that codeine is an opium (opiate) drug that contains morphine.

Meant to be a pain killer, people who take it may have become dependent on it without knowing.
Even if just to help dose off peacefully.

Trouble is when you stop suddenly, many symptoms like insomnia occur. So people keep taking it as a cure for sleeplessness. Even though the insomnia is due to stopping codeine in the first place.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by AreaFada2: 4:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Atmmachine:

Obama don Kolo ??

Dude, it's now well-known that cannabis is a hallucinogen. Despite mostly psychadelic, it also has deliriant and dissociative effects.
Don't forget that we are all different. One person may have more cannabinoid/THC receptors in parts of the brain than the next person.

The more receptors you, the more the effect on the function/s controlled by that part of the brain.
Every emergency room medic will have seen young people brought in after using cannabis. The "psychological medical" symptoms are quite clear.
There's also this myth that cannabis is only habit-forming but not addictive. That's not strictly true because it has more than just psychadelic effect in some people.

Peace.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by cruzclinton1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
Atmmachine:

You are.
Don't you feel weak after doing 2 pills ??
Do you smoke or drink after taking the pills ??
Mehn, you dey abuse am.
Just pop 3 pills & see what happens, you go dey vomit only water.

Guy what is it for? I mean the tram.... I once saw it in my kid brother's bag. Pls enlighten me. So I will call him in other before it gets out of hand. Pls. What is it for?
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Atmmachine(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
cruzclinton1:

Guy what is it for? I mean the tram.... I once saw it in my kid brother's bag. Pls enlighten me. So I will call him in other before it gets out of hand. Pls. What is it for?

Tramadol is a painkiller.
It is used in curing body pains but if you take like 2 pills, it will make you high.
The highness feels like having sex, If you take only the pills, the highness will be minimal, but you will feel like you're having when you smoke some weed or cigarettes after taking the pills.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by cruzclinton1(m): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Atmmachine:

Tramadol is a painkiller.
It is used in curing body pains but if you take like 2 pills, it will make you high.
The highness feels like having sex, If you take only the pills, the highness will be minimal, but you will feel like you're having when you smoke some weed or cigarettes after taking the pills.

Thanks
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Monday5(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
And now I am going to blow my wistle.
Re: Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine by Dampop1: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
NATURAL TREATMENTS FOR BLOCKED FALLOPIAN TUBE

Another month has gone by and you are still not pregnant........
With the arrival of your period you sit down and begin to cry...........
HOLD IT.
Blocked fallopian tubes can be unblock WITHOUT UNDERGOING SURGICAL PROCEDURE.
To increase the effectiveness of this treatment, you can use it in conjunction with self fertility massage.
- DAILY FERTILITY MASSAGE can help reduce fluid buildup in the fallopian tubes and break-up adhesions comprised of scar tissues.
Go Natural! Avoid Surgeries where you can!
To learn more or order: Call/ WHATSAAPP 08077556652

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! / Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills / How Do Some Ebola Patient Survive Why Others Don't? Here Is Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.