Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News (21444 Views)

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / Closure Of Sachet Water Firms In Kano: 2m Youths To Lose Jobs / Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:
bolded is a bullshiit statement from you. Explain what you mean by playing politics with the issue on ground. Don't tell me you didn't read the story in full

Young man, you might wanna choose your words carefully when you decide to engage me.

Show some courtesy or risk getting the treatment I mete out to dimwitted domkopfs.

Good morning and have a nice day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Okies27(m): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2015
janus05:

60,000 construction workers lose jobs in 4 months

By Oboh Agbonkhese
LAGOS—Over 60,000 workers in the construction sector have lost their jobs in the past four months, signifying a massive break in infrastructure development, which has been described as unfair on the workers who voted in a Federal Government that promised to protect their interests.

This was the position of the National Union of Civil Engineering Construction, Furniture and Wood Workers, NUCECFWW, at a briefing in Lagos yesterday.

According to Mr. Amechi Asugwuni, President-General of the union, development was on hold in the country and if government wants to remain true to its promise of creating jobs, it will make infrastructure development part of its war against corruption and a first step is to reactivate all roads and rail construction projects, which multiplier effects will boost the economy.

He said: “We urge the Federal Government to, among other moves, set up a monitoring committee that will ensure implementation of projects according to specifications and stop prospective employees from forcing workers to sign anti-unionization agreements.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/60000-construction-workers-lose-jobs-in-4-months/
. Weep not child for when arrows of god strike
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Billygee2u: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2015
atlwireles:
I hope the sai chanters are reaping back in good measure now. Most of these unions were supporting Change, please enjoy your change. Na una go suffer pass. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by MizMyColi(f): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:
[s][/s] you always feel you are somehow important that deserves to be respected but you are just one of the fools I deal with here daily. My question is straight and forward and I was expecting a simple answer From you.

You and Muhdg might as well get this in between your craniums
My feeling of importance and respect is never dependent on any soul.
I know that I am important, I affirm that I am worthy of respect.

Whether you give it or not, whether you show it or not, it does not in any way diminish who I know myself to be.
It has no impact whatsoever on my life. Your opinion of me is inconsequential and discarded like a piece of thrash.
I have limited tolerance for mannerless goads.

Your question and opinion was fraught with insults and brashness, and this isn't the first time.
Keep expecting an answer, you will get it in eternity.
Buzz off!!

4 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by agarawu23(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2015
kodded:
have you noticed that all the apc nematodes online are scared to open this thread ? cheesy cheesy

Cc demdem,
passingshot,
bremex,
agarawu2 3,
midolian,
Jesusloveyou,
OrlandoOwoh,
omenka,
egift,
Demmocrats
make I just dey look you .
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by smuth(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2015
obailala:
Hehehe... food for the every hungry wailers... Okay, ministers would be sworn in this month and all this will come to an end. The honeymoon period ends this month.

You no get shame
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by kodded(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:
[s][/s] you always feel you are somehow important that deserves to be respected but you are just one of the fools I deal with here daily. My question is straight and forward and I was expecting a simple answer From you.

indeed you are one jobless mofo still waiting for free N5000 every month

smh
undecided undecided
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by agarawu23(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2015
kodded:

indeed you are one jobless mofo still waiting for free N5000 every month

smh
undecided undecided
lol make I just dey laugh. Joblessness isn't a disease anyway. grin

But I told you to svck my dickk lastnight, are you done ?
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by neocortex: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2015
Fear of Buhari: 60,000 corrupt workers to resign en-masse - Sahara reporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by obailala(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2015
smuth:

You no get shame
Shame about what exactly?

The reason behind the poor economic season is obvious but only shameless people choose to act like they dont know the reason. Whenever a new government takes over, there is almost certainly an economic lull in the intervening transition period.

Two other factors to be noted is that we aren't just having a normal transition but rather, an unprecedented transition from one party to another. Also, the new government has come in midway when the country was experiencing an economic nosedive into oblivion occasioned by the sudden crash in oil prices and the indiscretions of the last administration.

Obviously, I am not denying the fact that the delay in constituting an economic team and appointment of all other ministers has further aggravated an already bad situation; but on that, I am cautiously being patient with the new administration as the president has since explained his reasons behind the delays.

Only a prejudiced mind would judge an administration of 4 years based on its first 3 months, as a matter of fact, the people judging this administration today actually passed their judgements even from the first 2 weeks. So tell me, why should any right thinking human take the opinions of such minions seriously?
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by free13: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2015
The dullard in chief. grin
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by GEJman: 11:14am On Sep 10, 2015
ochallo:
I expected something like this to happen, i don't believe a 72 year old acclaimed school cert holder would be able to fix this country, but all the same i'm glad GEJ is gone and i hope buhari would hold this country for 4 years before someone intelligent comes in.

if you lose your job, you wouldnt hope buhari hold this country for 4yrs
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Goldenboy007(m): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Abeymills:
God will purnish any body dat says apc nd buhari is doing well I jst lost my job 2day and abt 76other bread winners of their families lost their jobs as wel am so disappointed in dis wicked man called buhari d stupid execuse is he is fighting corruption while d whole economy is in grinde lock hw do I pay my children s school fees hw do I survive without a job as a family man oh God almighty y did u allow dis 2happen 2us 2b ruled by dis evil man his children are driving big cars in gud n very expensive schools and some pretenders wil come here n say wailers God wil purnish any idiot dat is stil seeing dis buhari as a saint amen...

I empathize with your situation but let's remain objective. Let me tell you a little story - I used to be privileged to financial operations of one of Nigeria's biggest telecom company for years (as a senior employee). From our findings, the company was being buried under massive operating expenses and it was just a matter of time before it implodes. We warned the management but they were helpless because the root cause was the Nigerian factor. Some of these factors were
Power Outages - The highest cost driver was the cost of power - Diesel cost, Generator maintenance cost and PHCN extortions.

Theft and Sabotage Cost - This was another cost driver - theft of very expensive base station equipments, generator, malicious damages by we Nigerians etc.

Government official extortions and bureaucratic bottlenecks - You can't get anything done officially without heavy bribes in Nigeria.

The analysis was - The only way to survive was to reduce other costs, the easiest cost to eliminate is employee cost. As at now , the company has outsourced all its major operations - their final plan is to pull out of Nigeria.
If large multinational telecom companies are going through hard times, what do you expect of indigenous ones? Oil companies are not excluded, Banks too.
Previous pervasive corruption allowed people to loot the treasury which could have been used to provide enabling infrastructures for thsee conpanies. Federal character permits us to continously re-elect known thieves because he has bought over his community - he is their only candidate. Imagine one public officer is claimed to be richer than all his constituency combined.
Buhari did not take your job, we Nigerians took your job - you and I. As long as we continue to promote sentiments over objectivity, then the worst is yet to come. These Nigerian billionaires only have one tribe and language - money !!! Jim Ovia sold Visafone and will sell Zenith if possible..it doesn't affect his family. We will pay for his mismanagement with our families! Dangote will employ our best brains as tanker drivers, it's not a skin off his back ! Otedola will drain out reserves on the excuse of subsidy, but his village makes him a chief.
You all will come here to start fighting and cursing your fellow hustlers because they speak a different language ! I am sorry for our next generation!

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Tex42(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
The economy is dancing to Buhari's body movement.

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by mikolo80: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
400billionman:

I wont argue with you. We are considering labour as a factor of production. Which industry employs the most hands ?

my Broda you go sec school o
the same One all of us go o
agric employs 70% = over 100 milliom ppl o
per capita they are wretched but GDP na agric still fe responsible for 40+%
which lie we'd u like t propagate again
this is Nigeria o not USA where agric is 1% GDP as well as well as 1% employment(which supports a further 16% employment in support industries (transport, finance, mining, mechanics, sales,etc)

Yes, oil could contribute more to GDP. But oil cannot employ, agric cannot employ as much hands as construction. One farmer could produce food for 50 people but it takes more than 5,000 man hours to put up a 2 bedroom bungalow for one family employing at different times over 30 artisans.

The guy i replied to was asking if the construction industry ever employed up to 60,000 people. funny !
you de mind all these our ignorant and poorly educated brothers and sisters. not their fault. pikin wen no comot for him papa farm go think say na im big pass

just do your part to educate the ones that are willing to learn

just don't mislead them
Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by dre11(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
Happiness87:
see reason why I may never argue with passingshot, demdem, gbawe, dre11, omenka, goke7 again

always arguing blindly, even when the facts are glaring, stop living your lives on nairaland, you refuse.!!!

all you know is what Lia mohammed says

can you stop spamming my mentions with you wailing

if you don't know that what was done yesterday will have a effect on what today is.......

then I guess you should just stay in your fools paradise and stop disturbing me

3 Likes

Re: 60,000 Construction Workers Lose Jobs In 4 Months - Vanguard News by Happiness87(f): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
dre11:

can you stop spamming my mentions with you wailing

if you don't know that what was done yesterday will have a effect on what today is.......

then I guess you should just stay in your fools paradise and stop disturbing me
i won't be surprised if you also blame past administration when your wife prepares salty meals. keep up with the blame game even when you know you are a failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Workers To Start Receiving January Salary – AGF / Police Service Commission Appoints 6 DIGs, Promotes 14 CPs, 230 SPs, others / Things You Should Never Say At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.