Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons (3932 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 6X Launches On April 27 With Dual Cameras, AI Features, And More / Xiaomi Mi Max 2 / Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mi 4c will come with the 64-bit hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor along with the Adreno 418 GPU. The display will remain the same elegant 5-inch 1920 x 1080p Sunlight Display panel we saw on the Mi 4i, but will come from either Sharp or AUO or LG this time.

Moving on, the Mi 4c will again share the main camera resolution with the Mi 4i at 13 mega-pixel. It’ll either be a Sony IMX258 sensor or the Samsung S5K3M2. Interestingly, Xiaomi have added PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus) to the Mi 4c.

There’s a couple more interesting additions too, in an IR blaster which supports 2000+ appliances, including DSLR cameras, according to Xiaomi. The other addition is what Xiaomi call ‘Edge Tap’, where the phone will respond to light taps on either side. In the company’s words, ‘both sides of Mi 4c respond to light taps (for example, double tap to go back, single tap to snap a photo in Camera, among others).’

A 3080mAh battery will ship with the Mi 4c, which will support Quick Charge 2.0 with the bundled USB Type-C cable.

A common gripe that Xiaomi users have had with their phones is lack of the very popular Double Tap to Wake feature. The Mi 4c will support this out of the box.

The 2GB RAM/16GB ROM version will be ....... while the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM Mi 4c will go for ....... The lack of an initial 32GB ROM version for the Mi 4i drew flak for Xiaomi, and they’ve certainly addressed the issue with the new Mi 4c.

Xiaomi Mi4c review – Xiaomi are back on track > http://www.gizchina.com/2015/10/16/xiaomi-mi4c-review/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by sats: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
snapdragon ... dat hotplate chip
#TeamMTK

3 Likes

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 5:20am On Sep 10, 2015
sats:
#TeamMTK

Hmm

Snapdragon is better than MTK smiley

The problem is from their 615 chip.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by udemzyudex(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2015
KuliMart:

Hmm

Snapdragon is better than MTK smiley
The problem is from their 615 chip.

So?
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 3:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Today is the day Xiaomi will unveil mi4c.

Patiently waiting.........

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2015
Mi4c launched.

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is an AWESOME phone for the price point.
let's put it plainly. if you buy a Techno Phantom over this, you're an utter fool.

5 Likes

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
sats:
#TeamMTK

Snapdragon 810 was the only one with the overheating issues.

The 808 has no such issues, and is faster than competing MTK variants.

At the converted price of 46k (or so) for the higher end 3GB model, this is an incredible deal
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
texazzpete:

Snapdragon 810 was the only one with the overheating issues.

The 808 has no such issues, and is faster than competing MTK variants.

At the converted price of 46k (or so) for the higher end 3GB model, this is an incredible deal

At what exchange rate did you convert that, and also how many pieces will you buy at the rate of 46k each from the factory?

Pls don't cause confusion here with this your price.

2 Likes

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
Price will be made available soon.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2015
KuliMart:

At what exchange rate did you convert that, and also how many pieces will you buy at the rate of 46k each from the factory?

Pls don't cause confusion here with this your price.

The converted price for the two phones are $206 for the 16GB/2GB version and $235 for the 3GB/32GB version. Those prices are in the public domain everywhere, and that's the price for a single phone, not any rubbish bulk purchase.

You'd better start contacting your agents if you have any. Those phones go on sale this week.

Higher end phone is 1499 yuan. and 1 Yuan = 31.22 Naira. Total price = N46,788. Much cheaper for the 16Gb version

Of course shipping costs may nudge this a bit higher...
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
texazzpete:

The converted price for the two phones are $206 for the 16GB/2GB version and $235 for the 3GB/32GB version. Those prices are in the public domain everywhere, and that's the price for a single phone, not any rubbish bulk purchase.

You'd better start contacting your agents if you have any. Those phones go on sale this week.

Higher end phone is 1499 yuan. and 1 Yuan = 31.22 Naira. Total price = N46,788. Much cheaper for the 16Gb version

Of course shipping costs may nudge this a bit higher...

We do not need you in this thread, because you know not what you're saying.

Stop giving inaccurate price here. You can travel to China to get yours.

1 Like

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
KuliMart:

We do not need you in this thread, because you know not what you're saying.

Stop giving inaccurate price here. You can travel to China to get yours.

Please don't be daft.

This is NOT a sales thread. This is a discussion thread on a newly announced phone. And the nominal price Tag for these phones are as stated earlier, when converted to naira. As long as they aren't being sold directly in naija, the sale price is the best reference for people. Let them make allowance for seller profits / shipping as they want.

Nobody cares what your markup will be. By all means, open up a sales thread in the tech market section with your markup on it, but stop bleating your inane nonsense here.

Smh

7 Likes

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by teewhydope(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
texazzpete:

This is NOT a sales thread. This is a discussion thread on a newly announced phone. And the nominal price Tag for these phones are as stated earlier, when converted to naira. As long as they aren't being sold directly in naija, the sale price is the best reference for people. Let them make allowance for seller profits / shipping as they want.

Nobody cares what your markup will be. By all means, open up a sales thread in the tech market section with your markup on it.

Smh

Wao!!

You you should have handled the matter without attaching any insult

#coming_from_your_follower
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by Jeffy1206(m): 5:26am On Sep 23, 2015
texazzpete:

Please don't be daft.

Nobody cares what your markup will be. By all means, open up a sales thread in the tech market section with your markup on it, but stop bleating your inane nonsense here.

Smh
the guy is right... Xiaomi will always announce with cheap price and start selling higher... You stating a price that is never achievable will only raise adreno of some people... Lemme ask you sef, do you believe that a snapdragon phone will sell below 50 especially this type?

1 Like

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:21am On Sep 23, 2015
I which the phone is 5.5inch
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by Acidosis(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2015
wow!
I hope Tecno is seeing this?
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 6:54am On Sep 23, 2015
GodswillAJudins:
I which the phone is 5.5inch

You go for Xiaomi redmi note 2 or mi note if you need something higher than 5 inch.

Xiaomi have made it easier for people to select screen size they want.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2015
Jeffy1206:
the guy is right... Xiaomi will always announce with cheap price and start selling higher... You stating a price that is never achievable will only raise adreno of some people... Lemme ask you sef, do you believe that a snapdragon phone will sell below 50 especially this type?

Xiaomi never inflates their announced prices in mainland China . Abeg show evidence for your claims.

and yes, a snapdragon phone can sell for this amount if an OEM operates at razor thin margins like Xiaomi does.

There's a reason why their profits are relativeky small...
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 7:17am On Sep 23, 2015
teewhydope:

Wao!!

You you should have handled the matter without attaching any insult

#coming_from_your_follower

But I'm right, though.
Absolutely ridiculous for marketers to muddy up announcement threads with sales and markup stuff.

KuliMart:
Price will be made available soon.

YOUR price. Not Xiaomi's price, which is already clear in the article, and which you cleverly omitted in the OP.
Make that distinction, please.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by asamaigho(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2015
sats:
#TeamMTK

as in gosh dat na electric iron oo,
i dey use my lgpro iron my cloth,snapdragon is so fucking overrated.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by Youngzedd(m): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
asamaigho:

That must be Snapdragon 615.

My phone uses snapdragon 800 and no over heating.

No matter what Snapdragon is better than MTK.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by asamaigho(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
Youngzedd:

That must be Snapdragon 615.

My phone uses snapdragon 800 and no over heating.

No matter what Snapdragon is better than MTK.

bobs i wont risk another 100k for bloody snapwateva again,
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
asamaigho:

Actually, this year's Snapdragon 810 is the first one from Qualcomm that has had a serious overheating issue. Which is why everyone else is jumping to the much cooler 808.

I wouldn't say they are overrated. Qualcomm's flagship Chipsets are always quite a bit more powerful than Mediatek's efforts
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2015
texazzpete:

But I'm right, though.
Absolutely ridiculous for marketers to muddy up announcement threads with sales and markup stuff.

YOUR price. Not Xiaomi's price, which is already clear in the article, and which you cleverly omitted in the OP.
Make that distinction, please.

Hope you now see that the 16GB version is selling @$249.99

Same way redmi note 2 was announced and what happened to the price
We have been selling Xioami product and we know how things goes.

Keeping quiet is the best thing to do.

1 Like

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by sats: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2015
asamaigho:

hahahahahahaha
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by Craven: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2015
KuliMart

Don't tell anyone to keep quiet. We are all entitled to our freedom of speech, aren't we? Nairaland is a forum and everyone comes here to share their unfiltered views that do not necessarily have to agree with yours. If this fact doesn't go down well with you then perhaps you shouldn't be here.

I believe texazzpete only gave his views when he considered the price the device costs to be a good deal considering its specification. And it's not like he came up with the price himself. The exchange rate for ¥ to N is N31, and considering the prices the two variants of these phone come in (¥1299 and ¥1499), texazzpete isn't wrong.

You should have explained that while this is Xiaomi's selling price, your own price would differ as you will have to take into consideration shipping expenses amongst other things; this is very understandable. Claiming texazzpete is looking to cause confusion by giving wrong figures didn't do you any good because he was not wrong; Xiaomi actually stated those figures as their selling price on their website. Except you want to claim that Xiaomi is the one causing confusion here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by texazzpete(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2015
KuliMart:

Hope you now see that the 16GB version is selling @$249.99

Same way redmi note 2 was announced and what happened to the price
We have been selling Xioami product and we know how things goes.

Keeping quiet is the best thing to do.

The official price released by Xiaomi is as I stated, and is reproduced in hundreds of articles in tech blogs following the annoucement.

Please stop using 3rd party vendor sites as your own 'proof'. If Gizchina is selling for $249, how does that concern this discussion?

This is the Phone section, and usually announcement threads are done to announce new devices and reproduce specs, features and pricing information released or announced by the manufacturers. The fact that you happily omitted the official price from your first post is laughable.

For the last time, I suggest you open up another thread in the Tech market section (in line with Nairaland rules) if you want to showcase your own price. But for the purposes of this thread, I beg you, stick to the official price, let consumers make their own decision.

the fact that you cannot understand and appreciate this simple correction is quite embarrassing, to be honest.

4 Likes

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2015
I have heard you all.

Till we get the final price, we will announce it here.
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Coming soon................
Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by Baroba(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
Big battery on a 5 incher, nice.. I just wish it came with expandable memory. The ultimate Nexus 5x killer in my opinion.. Great specs.

Kulimart, keep me posted when the 3gb 32gb becomes available..

1 Like

Re: The People's Choice: Xiaomi Mi 4C | The Python Among Pythons by KuliMart: 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
Baroba:
Big battery on a 5 incher, nice.. I just wish it came with expandable memory. The ultimate Nexus 5x killer in my opinion.. Great specs.

Kulimart, keep me posted when the 3gb 32gb becomes available..

Add us on BBM for latest updates.

Check signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Helio G90T Vs Snapdragon 720G / TECNO Boom J8 Full Review / Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.