Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. (3130 Views)

Website Forum Development. Help! Me Out!! / I Want To Learn Web Development And Web Design Where Can I Learn It / Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by damilola15: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2009
Hi webmasters,
                       I need help with my up and coming forum.
I sometimes last month got a domain name and hosting package. I then installed PHPBB via Fantastico between 2 - 3 weeks ago. Up till today it tells me site under construction. I decided to uninstall it and install SMF but I got the same thing. I want to know if the procedure I used is wrong, so I'm asking that you please tell me how it is done. By the way I installed it to public_html folder.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by Handsome1: 8:50am On Apr 08, 2009
Wats D Forum Link?
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by cbi24: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2009
post the link i will help
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by fasanD1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2009
post the link to my email delongpet23@yahoo.com i can also help u out,

you check this one i still work on
http://www.lagoswater.org/phpBB2/index.php
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by damilola15: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2009
Thanks guys, i reported the situation to the host because I found out the problem was from their side. It's now solved.
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by alldone(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2009
so is the forum working now?

let us see the link.
cheers!
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by damilola15: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
Yes, it is up now and I'm working on it. I'd give the link when I'm done.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by nytrozd: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2009
what is the web host website you used ,i want to use it. i cant seem to find a hosting server with fantastico
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by DrAyo1(m): 1:00pm On May 30, 2009
1. Is it possible to post ads on forums created using phpbb?
2. How easy is it to embedd a forum (phpbb) into a site. How about the hosting too?
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by cbi24: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2009
damilola15:

Thanks guys, i reported the situation to the host because I found out the problem was from their side. It's now solved.
ok
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 14, 2009
Thank God for your lyfe!
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by NAIJAVOICE(m): 6:37am On Jun 14, 2009
Please how can i fix a database error of a smf default theme, after disabling the attachment folder the error goes away but one can't a file.
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by SamMilla1(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
when did you start to notice that?
did you install any new mod?

understand that the 1.1.9 version of smf has the attachment disabled because hackers were using the avatars to hack forums.
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by NAIJAVOICE(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2009
So now how can i enable the attachment folder without the error or else i i revert back to smf 1.1.5 because i can't forever disable the attachment folder forever.
Sam Milla please help on this because you are my mentor.

Wait a minute one more thing how can i enable the upcoming calender event in the bar after the latest post update.
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 15, 2009
I hope sam milla is collecting money for all these sha. . . .keep up the good work guyz!
Re: I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. by SamMilla1(m): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2009
NAIJAVOICE:

So now how can i enable the attachment folder without the error or else i i revert back to smf 1.1.5 because i can't forever disable the attachment folder forever.
Sam Milla please help on this because you are my mentor.

Wait a minute one more thing how can i enable the upcoming calender event in the bar after the latest post update.

You can always contact me through my mail or the signature on my ID.

(1) (Reply)

New MTN 750mb Cheat Code! New And Working! Get In Here!! / Usa Adsense Pin Verification, Tax-id And Account Numb Get In Here / How To Get Huge Traffic To A Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.