Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? (4970 Views)

6 Cheap 4G LTE Phones You Can Buy For Less Than 50k / Cheapest 4G LTE Phones In Nigeria Currently / Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by donpata(m): 6:05am On Sep 10, 2015
The topic is clear. I see Nigerians especially nairalanders talk sweetly about phones with 4g network which are as a consequence, more expensive than those running on 3g. Since I know there's none of the 4 gsm service providers that has deployed 4g, I need a cure to my perturbation. What will they do with such phones?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by WiseElectrical: 6:11am On Sep 10, 2015
Who doesn't like good thing? Though the 4G service is not yet in all the states in Nigeria but people are buying it wit expectations that very soon the device will be available.

However, you can join the free browsing trends @....
[size=20pt]WizyTechs Dot Com[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by khalhokage(m): 6:17am On Sep 10, 2015
It's obvious that they have no idea what it is, me I go just siddon dey look as they dey waste their money.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by sats: 6:19am On Sep 10, 2015
WiseElectrical:
Who doesn't like good thing? Though the 4G service is not yet in all the states in Nigeria but people are buying it wit expectations that very soon the device will be available.
However, you can join the free browsing trends @....
[size=20pt]WizyTechs Dot Com[/size]

the device or the service?
you read wetin u type so?
i saw one mtn lte advert though
so there is anticipation they will soon get there

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by bigtt76(f): 7:08am On Sep 10, 2015
Most Nigerians (tech savvy ones o!) are all now tending more towards mobile data than more voice for all their communication needs including voice calls itself through the various VOIP apps available.

4G LTE which supposedly is the fastest in the broadband spectrum, has both Swift, Smile and Spectranet Networks as their pioneers in Nigeria. With the 4G LTE Sim card adapted on the 4G mobile phones, it solves if not all, the mobile broadband needs for the tech savvy guy or babe out there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by 2kurupt(m): 7:15am On Sep 10, 2015
No LTE services offered yet by GSM providers doesn't necessarily mean there won't be in the near future.

Aside that I think most Nigerians go for these LTE ready phones because they mostly come as standard hardware features of mid & high end smartphones.

Unless you're content with using torchlight phones & very low end phones with mediocre features, I don't see why you should worry.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by chumakk: 7:31am On Sep 10, 2015
If you notice calls from high end smartphones are clearer...:
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Whizpeter(m): 8:17am On Sep 10, 2015
donpata:
The topic is clear. I see Nigerians especially nairalanders talk sweetly about phones with 4g network which are as a consequence, more expensive than those running on 3g. Since I know there's none of the 4 gsm service providers that has deployed 4g, I need a cure to my perturbation. What will they do with such phones?

@Bolded, Bro you don't know what you're saying...
Both Airtel and Glo have 4G LTE service... Talking from experience, used the Glo last year on a bold5, now I have a neighbour that is using airtel on her bold5 and its always on 4G.. They just have to work on the speed and then on the coverage, thats all...
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by killzone(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2015
Am expecting a thread why do Nigerians use smartphones with more than 5 inch screen

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Koolmexxi(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2015
All of u talking about 4G or LTE coming in the future, how many of those people buying these fones would still be using the said fones for more than 6months or say upto a year Abi newer and trendier devices won't be rolling out while we wait for 4g or LTE... Abeg na money dem jus get to spend jor.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by OmichaelO: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

Both Airtel and Glo have 4G LTE service... Talking from experience, used the Glo last year on a bold5, now I have a neighbour that is using airtel on her bold5 and its always on 4G.. They just have to work on the speed and then on the coverage, thats all...
that is not 4G
most of those phones are American phone . the 4G the bold 5 was showing is equivalent to H+ not LTE 4G

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2015
i prefer 3G
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Glowstone(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2015
my area never get 3G finish una dey talk 4G.

lalasticlala come chop
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by ignis: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2015
bjhaid:
i prefer 3G
Are you kidding me?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Glowstone(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2015
my area never get 3G finish una dey talk 4G.

lalasticlala come chop
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by donpata(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Koolmexxi:
All of u talking about 4G or LTE coming in the future, how many of those people buying these fones would still be using the said fones for more than 6months or say upto a year Abi newer and trendier devices won't be rolling out while we wait for 4g or LTE... Abeg na money dem jus get to spend jor.
EGbam!! exactly the point. most people Dont hold on to smart phones for more than a year. Moving through Nigerian roads, there are towns I enter without Edge network let alone 3g. Plus, there are "very highest" end phones with excellent hardware that only operate on 3g. I even hear say 4gb dey fit chop 1gb data in 5mins Naija peeps sha.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

That is 3.75G and not LTE service. The device is just displaying 4G but the signal service is actually 3.75G

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Koolmexxi(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2015
Godvilla:
That is 3.75G and not LTE service. The device is just displaying 4G but the signal service is actually 3.75G
Even the so called signal display of 3.75G is not so strong in most places. Dat's why u would get a 3G network in a close location being faster than the so called 3.75G location... All na wash... Except for the major cities, how many other towns and locations can actually boast of a really fast 3G network. Instead of the yeye network providers to concentrate on the already existing services and improve on them they kip deceiving us with upgrades wey in the act sense is same grade or no grade at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by cao(f): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2015
4G is simply faster than 3G+ & 3G. I haven't personally used it, but from the people I know who use it - it's really fast. I know 3G+ (HSPA+) is rather fast, when compared to 3G, since I can use it to download from healthy torrents. I know when I do direct downloads, I get it in minutes. Anywho, this website explains more, although it's obviously from a British perspective.
http://www.4g.co.uk/how-fast-is-4g/

Maybe that's why folks are salivating on the prospect, I'm really surprised that the mobile network providers have not rolled it out yet. Although, I do know 4G does exist in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2015
glo have 4g netwrk in my area nah
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by rman: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2015
4G licence are yet to auctioned. This will take place in a few weeks and true mobile 4G will be launched by operators before December.

Some have built the trial sites and people in Lagos will have 4G by December.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by IDFWU(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2015
Oga @ donpata almost all ntwk has a 3.75g broad band width, so with a 4g lte phone u get the ntwk @ its peak unlike the 3g limited phone. angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tohpahz(f): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
Bragging rights bby.. kiss

I get 4g for my phone.. e high pass urs grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by joseph1832(m): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
tohpahz:
Bragging rights bby.. kiss

I get 4g for my phone.. e high pass urs grin
As if that one dey put money for their account. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by asumo12: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Anyone try using airtel LTE?

cry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by kennynelcon(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Most of them don't even know the meaning

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by sorextee(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Some networks will start rolling 4g services by December... Those of us who use 3g(esp 4G) enabled phones can make and receive calls in HD.. just saying for those who have not noticed..
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by sorextee(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
I just wrote something similar... i didnt know u've written this already..

rman:
4G licence are yet to auctioned. This will take place in a few weeks and true mobile 4G will be launched by operators before December.

Some have built the trial sites and people in Lagos will have 4G by December.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by MisterLongman(m): 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
3G never occupy the whole Nigeria you dey talk of 4g...... Most of 4g around at the moment are probably 3.75g
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tohpahz(f): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
joseph1832:
As if that one dey put money for their account. cheesy

Lolz.. e dey increase dopamine secretion cheesy pleasure things
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by joseph1832(m): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
tohpahz:

Well I don't know what that is... LOL.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tuk2ato(m): 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
undecidedAnd thats dope! though i use a Nokia 3310
tohpahz:

undecidedAnd thats dope! though i use a Nokia 3310
tohpahz:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download And Enjoying PES 2015 ISO PSP On Your Android / Tecno L8 Lite Back Cover / Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.