Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? (872 Views)

Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria / How To Use Your Friends/family Glo Data Bundle / Did You Know Whatsapp Calls Are This Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 10, 2015
Mobile Phones changed everything in Nigeria... but can you remember what we did before to contact friends and family?

This video is so interesting - so many different ways - wow makes me realise how lucky we are shocked shocked shocked But I also love the guy - "We had no Facebook, so we sent Love Cards!" - wish we still had love cards!! grin grin grin

Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5aaBAAXPUM

What about you guys - can you remember a time before mobile phones? what did you use to contact friends and family?
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Wizzz: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Serious trekking
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by FruityLass: 7:22am On Sep 10, 2015
Letter writing, telegrams and walking miles before introduction of mobile phones.

smiley
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Obinovictor(m): 7:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Trekking did most of the jobs for shorter distances. The letter and the likes for long journey.
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by adioolayi(m): 7:30am On Sep 10, 2015
Letters, Travelling..visiting and also receiving visit from loved ones...Especially on holidays..grin
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by menix(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2015
NIPOST...

Thou it was not difficult then for the winches, cous once u see them on the bed with there legs on the wall, know they re on the telephone booth..
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Samsantos9: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Telegram
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Tallesty1(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2015
It depend on the person I wan contact.

Write if the place is far.

Trekk if it is a walkable distance.

Throw stones on her father's zinc and gate if it is her.

1 Like

Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Whizpeter(m): 8:13am On Sep 10, 2015
NITEL
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by hatux: 8:20am On Sep 10, 2015
All means of transportation necessary for the communication....
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by khalhokage(m): 8:27am On Sep 10, 2015
Smoke signals.
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by otabuko(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2015
I lived in the dormitory, I wrote letters mostly...
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2015
Visiting
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2015
khalhokage:
Smoke signals.

Lol! Kerosene or firewood smoke signals?
Re: Before Mobile Phones Came To Nigeria - How Did You Contact Friends+family? by khalhokage(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2015
laraxxx:

Lol! Kerosene or firewood smoke signals?

Nawa for you o, kerosene na, I'm not into old fashioned things.

(1) (Reply)

Rooting Wahala Tech Guru In The House Help. / Why Do Nigerians Answer Phones With HELLO? / How Much Is Mtn Zone Tarif Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.