Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim (2129 Views)

Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference / How To Cut Micro And Nano SIM (DIY) / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim by bigspif(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Please what is the difference between nano, micro and normal sim? What is the sim size that the telecom operators provide? How do i use my sim with a phone that comes in nano sim variant? Will it affect my contacts if switching from for example micro to nano sim? What happens if im using a nano and im buying a phone that carries micro sim? Sorry for all the questions but im a newbie in technology. Thanks
Re: Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim by olexjay(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
bigspif:
Please what is the difference between nano, micro and normal sim? What is the sim size that the telecom operators provide? How do i use my sim with a phone that comes in nano sim variant? Will it affect my contacts if switching from for example micro to nano sim? What happens if im using a nano and im buying a phone that carries micro sim? Sorry for all the questions but im a newbie in technology. Thanks

Normal sim> this is mostly used by the ordinary phones such like Nokia torch light and some Nokia phone and even the blackberry os 6 and 7 phones.

Micro sim> when u buy a sim card sis days then u see that u can force tap a small portion out of the normal complete sim, the small portion tap out is called Micro sim. Mostly used by phones like iphone 4, 4s, blackberry os 10.

Nano sim> you get this form of sim card from cutting or trimming some part from the Micro sim, meaning its smaller than the micro. Some phones which uses this sim such as: Iphone 5 and 6 and some Samsung.

Note Both Micro, Nano and normal sim card are still been provided by same network operator

1 Like

Re: Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim by bongolistik(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Here is a complete explanation with images of the SIM sizes
http://highteknology..com/2014/09/still-confused-about-mini-micro-and.html
Re: Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim by bigspif(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Thanks Guys @ bongolistik and olexjay
Re: Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim by timbros(m): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Picture 1: The three sim cards. Normal. Micro. Nano

Picture 2: How to cut sim card.

Re: Difference B/w Nano Sim, Micro Sim And Normal Sim by Youpele52: 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
Normal sim = mini sim

(1) (Reply)

NOKIA Announces First Android Smartphone – Nokia 6 Specs And Price In Nigeria / Infinix Hot 5 / Redmi Note 8 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.