Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference (30037 Views)

Iphone XS Max 512GB (nano Sim & E- Sim) For Sale . / I Have Issue With Nano Sim Cards / How To Cut Micro And Nano SIM (DIY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 10:28am On Feb 27, 2017
First of all, what is the full meaning of SIM

Ans: Subscriber Identity Module.

Nano SIM, the fourth version or the fourth form factor (4FF) of SIM standards measures 12.3 mm by 8.8 mm by 0.67 mm, though it can still hold same quantity of data that other SIM cards can.

The Nano SIM is smaller and about 15% thinner than Micro SIM (3FF) as well as Mini SIM (2FF) cards that was very for popular years and and which most folks fondly refer to as SIM card. Actually, the original SIM (1FF) card standard is the same size as an ATM card, and I can bet my Nokia Torchlight that most people reading this post have never seen one.

Cutting a Mini or Micro SIM to Nano SIM

Nowadays, it is very easy to get a Nano SIM card from any of our Mobile carriers. But in the event that you are unable to, you can use a Sim Card cutter to get your Nano Sim ready. Please don't use razor blade or scissors o. It is very risky. Go to a business centre and get yours cut to whichever desirable size.

So, which does your phone use? Truly, I have never seen a Sim Card that looks like an ATM card.
My Nokia torchlight uses Mini Sim Card (2FF).
The next Tecno L series which will be released soon and which I hope to experience cool cool uses a Micro Sim Card (3FF).
Which one does your device use?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Oliviaxx(f): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2017
micro sim

1 Like

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Iphone5: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2017
Haba! OP No pictures, i don't even have time to read all that explanation undecided

1 Like

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by gidimasters(m): 10:41am On Feb 27, 2017
angry

Broda lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by immaculatengang(f): 10:44am On Feb 27, 2017
Iphone5:
Haba! OP No pictures, i don't even have time to read all that explanation undecided
you spoke my mind
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 10:59am On Feb 27, 2017
grin grin
One funny thought just crossed my mind on seeing that ATM card look-alike SIM card,

Abeg, which phone contains a big thing like that?

Thank God I was born in a new age! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Eleniyan15: 11:04am On Feb 27, 2017
Thanks Madam now I know...mhen TecnoL9 coming Traaaa dah phone shouldn't disappoint us ooooo still rocking my L8Plus
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Dandsome: 11:05am On Feb 27, 2017
We learn everyday. Thanks op for this
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 11:12am On Feb 27, 2017
Eleniyan15:
Thanks Madam now I know...mhen TecnoL9 coming Traaaa dah phone shouldn't disappoint us ooooo still rocking my L8Plus

Yes o.
It should not.
me, I have purposely decided not to talk about the phone with my friends there. I want it to surprise me when it comes out.

ehn ehn...I hope it will be slimmer than its predecessor, going by the battery size lipsrsealed
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by gidimasters(m): 11:17am On Feb 27, 2017
MizMyColi:
grin grin
One funny thought just crossed my mind on seeing that ATM card look-alike SIM card,

Abeg, which phone contains a big thing like that?

Thank God I was born in a new age! cheesy

Probably, Like atm, phcn card
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by gidimasters(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2017
MizMyColi:

Yes o.
It should not.
me, I have purposely decided not to talk about the phone with my friends there. I want it to surprise me when it comes out.

ehn ehn...I hope it will be slimmer than its predecessor, going by the battery size lipsrsealed

Tecno will shock you with 1GB ram.

4 Likes

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2017
gidimasters:

Probably, that's a punch card... Like atm, phcn card

You might be right.
Still, I consider it super weird.
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2017
gidimasters:

Tecno will shock you with 1GB ram.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

If their next L series comes with 1GB RAM, I will abandon Tecno angry
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by gidimasters(m): 11:24am On Feb 27, 2017
MizMyColi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
If their next L series comes with 1GB RAM, I will abandon Tecno angry
Lol.... I don't even know why new phones come with 1gb ram ...
The minimum we should see is 2gb

1 Like

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Darkseid(m): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2017
I still have my extra large Celtel SIM. The only thing missing is a nano SIM angry angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2017
gidimasters:

Truth remains tho...there are people for whom 1GB is more than enough for.
For me, lai lai.
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Iceman296: 11:49am On Feb 27, 2017
gidimasters:

Exactly, It does not make sense to produce phones with 1G ram these days, With the Array of interesting apps on around now
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by MizMyColi(f): 11:59am On Feb 27, 2017
My head must be shaking.

Which of the Phntom 6 variants has a mix of Micro and Nano Sim?

I'm trying hard to place them correctly, but akant embarassed
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by ugochukwufrenzy: 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Oliviaxx:
micro sim
guy,sım na sım.
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by ITbomb(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
See this

[img]https://3.bp..com/-lZjtgeYMsSM/V9fLY8DkCLI/AAAAAAAAB1g/1uDkALF9xUww2Xn4EEpj4tXs7s9-fJhCgCLcB/s1600/%2560sim2.jpg[/img]

The biggest one laying down is normal sim, the one in between is micro sim, the last one facing up is the nano sim

Set up your GT Bank security pin now for more secure mobile banking instead of using the last 4 digits of your ATM card when anyone can look, SEE HOW

1 Like

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by jeeqaa7(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
oya
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by jeeqaa7(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
oya.
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Antoeni(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Small ,smaller,smallest
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by 0b10010011: 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2017

More reason why I like listening to Simi

I love her combo with Falz

Great Duo they happen to be. Just there difference in there choice of soup that sets them apart

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by femi4: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
gidimasters:
angry

Broda lalasticlala
picture speaks 1000 languages
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by gidimasters(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
femi4:
picture speaks 1000 languages
Meaning ooo?
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by femi4: 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
gidimasters:

Meaning ooo?
The picture gives better explanation. I didn't read the epistle
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice article. Thanks.
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by mykelmeezy: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
who didn't actually know the difference

raise your hand
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by Titidi(f): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
The big sim(1ff) was used at phone booths in my secondary school, we called it smart card.
So I've seen all the four types

2 Likes

Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by madridguy(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference by excanny: 1:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
These people are just cutting and cutting SIM card everyday.
If this nano SIM lost e, na like WAEC e go be.
PS: OP, is it comfirmed that the new Tecno L series will have this nano SIM?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIN Enrolment: We Have Commenced Registration – Glo / List Of Nigerian Banks And Their Official Mobile Apps / Which Other Chat App Can Conveniently Replace Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.