Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Why Are Doctors Handwriting Difficult To Decipher? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Doctors Handwriting Difficult To Decipher? (651 Views)

Oba Of Benin Summons Native Doctors Over Human Trafficking, Kidnapping. Photos / Which Tribe Bears The Most Difficult Names To Pronounce? / Difficult Words In Ebira Language Translated To English Language By @binoosmart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Doctors Handwriting Difficult To Decipher? by bongolistik(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
Has a doctor ever written a drug prescription or other things on a piece of paper maybe after examining you?

If they have, you should by now know what I'm saying.

Why are doctors handwriting terrible and so difficult to decipher the meaning of what they have penned down?
Re: Why Are Doctors Handwriting Difficult To Decipher? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
If you were to see 30 clients a day and recommend handwritten prescriptions to every one your penmanship would degrade too.

Also, they've a form of medical shorthand they use that only the doctors and pharmacists understand. Have you ever heard the pharmacist complain when deciphering prescriptions? I know I haven't.
Re: Why Are Doctors Handwriting Difficult To Decipher? by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
You make it sound as if doctors are taught atrocious handwriting in med school..
Anyways, it's not the case for all doctors. There are doctors with neat and legible handwriting.
Those with chicken scrawl handwriting don't actually have bad handwriting (not all), they just chose to write that way so as to save time and attend to other patients....
What do you expect of a man with a vast number of patients waiting for examination?
You can try comparing your handwriting when you are in a rush/ under stress and when you are in a relaxed state. You'll see the huge difference

An average Nigerian doctor sees over fifty (did I exaggerate?) patients in a day. Now, if you were a doctor, would you have the time and patience to design an award winning prescription note for your fifty-something patients everyday?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Makes Kings, Says Ooni-elect / 1st Dec World Aids Day 2015 Red Ribbon Images, Logo Wallpapers For Fb Twitter / Photo: Ooni Of Ife Joins Muslims In Ife For Prayers At Eid Prayer Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.