Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments (1403 Views)

Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? / How Much Do Tech Companies Pay In Nigeria ?? / Some Companies You Must Not Work For In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by afrobaby(f): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
With this my little years of experience, I am forced to come to the conclusion that most companies tend to pay the IT staff lower than those in sales, marketing, accounts and other departments, except for major companies that actually appreciate technology. I work in a retail company and it is so funny that even a less experienced staff earns higher.

Most annoying is the fact that, as an IT personnel, one stumbles on some key information every now and then and when you realize that a fresh graduate employed into another department earns as much as you earn or even more, it just kills one morale.

Please, anyone experiencing such cause am really boiling, smiles.
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
Bae u ain't a staff

Ur just a temporary worker who's name is written with pencil
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by donTbone(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
if that is the case, then why not the engineering be the same too? av even come to find that the help desk officers even collect lesser
Taylor86:
Bae u ain't a staff

Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
IT Dept. is a service department not a Business Unit.. IT spends all the money Business Units make and never brings money
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
donTbone:
if that is the case, then why not the engineering be the same too? av even come to find that the help desk officers even collect lesser

Question for amadioha and sons Ltd
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by Favolly(f): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
Taylor86:

Question for amadioha and sons Ltd

As in! I was lost myself
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
Favolly:

As in! I was lost myself

Ddnt even understand d guy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by elohorayodele: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
afrobaby:
With this my little years of experience, I am forced to come to the conclusion that most companies tend to pay the IT staff lower than those in sales, marketing, accounts and other departments, except for major companies that actually appreciate technology. I work in a retail company and it is so funny that even a less experienced buyer assistant earns higher than me.

Most annoying is the fact that, as an IT personnel, one stumbles on some key information every now and then and when you realize that a fresh graduate employed into another department earns as much as you earn or even more, it just kills one morale.

Please, anyone experiencing such cause am really boiling, smiles.

UX, Growth hackers, Big data analysts and Business analysts are amongst the most sought after in 2015. The pay is mind-blowing.
might not be so Nigeria at the moment but trust me it soon will.
The future is here.

Develop yourself
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by afrobaby(f): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
voltron:
IT Dept. is a service department not a Business Unit.. IT spends all the money Business Units make and never brings money

I agree with you partially, but come to think of it, IT may not bring in money but they help you save money towards unforeseen disasters. With the rate at which technology is advancing, there is hardly any company that can do without a solid IT department, it is a key department in every company.

I think this only happens in companies that do not appreciate technology
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by unofficial(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
Because they sit on their asses all day doing nothing except finding new ways to block torrenting. angry

They don't even have KPIs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by afrobaby(f): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
unofficial:
Because they sit on their asses all day doing nothing except finding new ways to block torrenting. angry

They don't even have KPIs

lol, see bad belle people, so you dey vex because of torrents abi, God know your house address

You want to know their KPI, wait till one day, when you get to the office and all your data is gone, I mean, all the works you've been doing since you joined the company is gone, then you will know.
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by afrobaby(f): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
elohorayodele:

UX, Growth hackers, Big data analysts and Business analysts are amongst the most sought after in 2015. The pay is mind-blowing.
might not be so Nigeria at the moment but trust me it soon will.
The future is here.

Develop yourself

I hear you, but we can't all be hackers, etc. IT is broad, one can't take all.
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by elohorayodele: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
afrobaby:

I hear you, but we can't all be hackers, etc. IT is broad, one can't take all.

None of the jobs is about hacking. Don't be sidetracked by the term hackers here. Growth hackers aren't trying to steal secrets from competitors or government agencies. They're tasked with one goal: growth. They are more tech-focused than the digital/traditional marketer.
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by idu1(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2015
Taylor86:
Bae u ain't a staff

IT she mean information technology department of her company not industrial training...

u too go dey insult d president...

Simple tin u no understand...

Idio.t

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by afrobaby(f): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
elohorayodele:

None of the jobs is about hacking. Don't be sidetracked by the term hackers here. Growth hackers aren't trying to steal secrets from competitors or government agencies. They're tasked with one goal: growth. They are more tech-focused than the digital/traditional marketer.

Lol, I understand your point, of course I know the growth hackers, white hat hackers, I don dey for IT game, no be today jare.
Re: Why Do Some Companies Pay IT Staff Lower Than Other Departments by afrobaby(f): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
idu1:
IT she mean information technology department of her company not industrial training...

u too go dey insult d president...

Simple tin u no understand...

Idio.t

Can't just stop laughing at your post

(1) (Reply)

Current Vacancies Today. / Good Home Tutor / Want To Change Career To Sales And Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.