Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This (5605 Views)

Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals / Expect A Regret Mail From Nigerian Breweries If You Fail This Test / Job Vacancy!!!! Job Vacancy For A Medical Lab Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by dubaiprince: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
I attended a pre employment medical. Every other thing went well eccept my bp which was high. Can I be considered unfit for the job based on this? The company in question is a professional service firm.
Thanks
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Sweetyie(f): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
I dnt knw,bt i pray u dont
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by delishpot: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
Was it too high? What was the reading? If its not above 140/90 it shouldnt affect you. It also depends on what your position in the company will be I guess
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by dubaiprince: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
delishpot:
Was it too high? What was the reading? If its not above 140/90 it shouldnt affect you. It also depends on what your position in the company will be I guess

Yea it was. It read 148/83 at first then 140/89 at the second attempt. I hope the report pays me at the end because I gave my all to get to this stage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Eeser: 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hate to tell you this bro but it may disqualify you for the job. Companies do have medical insurance, having a staff with a medical condition like hypertension increases the bill being paid. No company will intentionally take such a burden. Except in very special cases.
Please reduce your salt intake significantly.

1 Like

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by delishpot: 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
dubaiprince:

Yea it was. It read 148/83 at first then 140/89 at the second attempt. I hope the report pays me at the end because I gave my all to get to this stage

Well, at that level it isnt good but its not abnormal enough to cause panic. You have to work on it. Look for the Cause and try to eliminate it. It shouldnt really affect your chance of getting the job but if your employer wants a worker who can withstand stress ie if job is full of pressure they may waNt to look again. Anyway it also depends on how fit the doctor says you are in his report sheet.
Good luck my friend all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by dubaiprince: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
delishpot:

Well, at that level it isnt good but its not abnormal enough to cause panic. You have to work on it. Look for the Cause and try to eliminate it. It shouldnt really affect your chance of getting the job but if your employer wants a worker who can withstand stress ie if job is full of pressure they may waNt to look again. Anyway it also depends on how fit the doctor says you are in his report sheet.

Good luck my friend all the best.

Thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by jidluk: 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
It will not,even if its another thing you will just be advised on it,and told to do somtin abt it once u get the Job...high bp is controllable....it is well with u. Congrats in advance.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Oriafo123: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
dubaiprince:
I attended a pre employment medical. Every other thing went well eccept my bp which was high. Can I be considered unfit for the job based on this? The company in question is a professional service firm.
Thanks
contact me on 07033247197
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Adebeeyee(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
I had a similar BP reading when I had my medicals too where I currently work. was only advised to work on bringing it down. It won't affect your chances bro. All the best

7 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Mcbussy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
When it's not the military you are joining, I don't think that reading is outrageous for a civil job.
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by XD3G: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
dubaiprince:
Thanks

Hi there. Sorry about your high BP. You need to have it checked,by having lots of rest,and not brooding / thinking too much. Back to your question,NO-it will not affect your chances of landing the job. The medicals are conducted,for the recruiting firms to have an insight into your health/medical history,and for further management. The Doctor should prescribe some pills for and also advice you come back after 2-3 days,for a follow up check.
Best of luck in your new Job.
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by potolistic(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oboy start searching for another job......
This one is gonnnneeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by coolest01(m): 1:30am On Sep 11, 2015
potolistic:

hahahahhahaha. God! Una no go kill person for this forum cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by ukeme200(m): 1:45am On Sep 11, 2015
potolistic:

*in baba Obasanjo's voice, commot joor*

2 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by BlackOnassis(m): 4:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Just say you had coffee that day na. undecided
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2015
How old are u.. Now.. .?
Because it can tell much about your BP

What BP range did u attain. .?

Where you a bit nervous wen undergoing the check. ..?

I need answers
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2015
if dat reading was taken in d afternoon, a real doc wldnt judge u by dat. cus bp are usually high in d afternoon. so I dnt tink it shld stop u.
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 11, 2015
No. If you had engaged the nurse or doctor, they would have allayed your concern there and then.

1 Like

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2015
This is not crazy going by my experience.

Best wishes with your new job.

dubaiprince:

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by dubaiprince: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2015
Thank you all for your comments. They have been helpful. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Whatever happens, its a win win situation for me as I have just been upgraded where I work currently and salary review is also in progress. I only need this new job because of exposure and the great boost it will give my career path. The pay is lower than what I currently earn. I will get back to this forum on the outcome.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by oluwanoni: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
High Bp is normal...especially when ur anxious about getting the job....when I did my medicals for my present job the doctor told me, I had high BP, I thought it to be true, but I went for a second opinion and a second doctor, the doctor told me the medicals I did was wrong, that my bp is no where high, @that point in time I was anxious....I hope that helps.
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by delishpot: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
dubaiprince:
Thank you all for your comments. They have been helpful. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Whatever happens, its a win win situation for me as I have just been upgraded where I work currently and salary review is also in progress. I only need this new job because of exposure and the great boost it will give my career path. The pay is lower than what I currently earn. I will get back to this forum on the outcome.

Wow, good to know you are doing okay. Will be checking to know the outcome. All the best.
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by benzion72(m): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
It will not affect your chance. 140 is not too high. BP figure 120 is an average, yours is not extreme don't listen to nay sayer. Every active person will definetly have slightly high BP. You will be advised to work on it. I wish you best of luck
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by dubaiprince: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thanks guys, I eventually got the job

7 Likes

Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by delishpot: 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
dubaiprince:
Thanks guys, I eventually got the job

WOOOOOohooooo!!! Congrats my Brother. All the best ahead.
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by wisolf(m): 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
Congrats man!! Been following u too
Re: Can I Fail A Medical Because Of This by Elektra008(f): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
cheesy wow! So happy for you. Just went for my own medicals too on Tuesday, really praying it all works out n I get d job.

(1) (Reply)

Orange Insurance Brokers Limited Job Recruitment / Exxonmobil Job Scam Alert / Any Gtbank Staff On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.