Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) (57895 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Davido To Honour DJ Olu With An Album / 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 11, 2015
adeyemi97:
Fela and wole soyinka are related??

MAKAVELI OFFSPRING IN THIS MOTHERF*CKER
The Ogun State people are obviously great. With the likes of Awolowo, Kuti, Abiola, OBJ, Fela, Tai Sholarin, Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti, Shonekan, Woke Soyinka, Diya etc

The list is endless....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by jkross(m): 8:27am On Sep 11, 2015
seedord247:
God bless odua republic

Long live Karo ojireee

No place like southwest.

We lead and the flat head follows.... Btw when this album was released South East people still walking naked all over onirshhaa cheesy grin cheesy grin

I guess the last part was a joke..
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by ddeola: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2015
The thing is in Fela's blood and it is still running in his children and I pray they use it for God's glory like their great grand pa
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Gynacologist(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2015
xtervaganza:
bad punctuation, bloody foolish illiterate undecided
tell dat to ur papa if u Eva had one....heard ur mum is a slot didn't expect much from d son of a retard.. attention seeking murafuka...efulefu...
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Intrepid01(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2015
sam90s:
You know Ake is the first of four instalment of Wole Soyinka's memoir right?, I own and read all 4, ['Ake', 'Isara', 'Ibadan' and 'You Must Set Forth at Dawn']
in case you are interested in some of his academic essays, I'll be honoured to recommend, I've read some and they changed my perception of my heritage, religion, global institutions, and even history generally, well you might want to start with his 2013 book; 'Of Africa - Wole Soyinka'
My admiration for him stems from his tendency of not pretending to have answers for every question he raises or observations he makes, and of course his style of writing(satire), in those memoirs, you'll see him narrating his buffoonery, even recent ones, which suggest to me he doesn't take himself too seriously and also attest to his frankness and honesty, little wonder many disapprove of him when he treats their f@&k up just the way he will treat his (OBJ comes to mind)

Nice one bro.......I have read almost all his books, likewise Achebe's too. I am so surprised a Nigerian youth is asking if WS and Fela are related. I think people need to spend more time reading valuable books than twitting, facebooking and even here on NL
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by DidiLove1: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2015
realDONmikel:
It is practically impossible to know Nigeria’s first singer because singing as always been part of the human culture from time immemorial but the first ever Nigerian to release an album is Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome Kuti (Fela Anikulapo’s Grandfather and Prof Wole Soyinka’s great-grand father). He has been composing songs since 1878 and and his last work was released in 4th August, 1921. His album is still at the British Museum.. The Reverend Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, was perhaps the earliest person in Nigeria to compose gospel songs in form of Church hymns used in the early Anglican Church at St Peter Cathedral Church, Ake Abeokuta Ogun state Nigeria.
Source: http://www.lagoslately.com/meet-the-first-nigerian-musician-to-release-an-album/

@bolded, Fela and Soyinka are cousins. How then can Fela's grandfather be Soyinka's great-grandfather?
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2015
realDONmikel:
(Fela Anikulapo’s Grandfather and Prof Wole Soyinka’s great-grand father)

Are you trying to say Fela was either Wole Soyinka's uncle/father , there's a difference between grandfather and great-grandfather. They were cousins so they'll have the same grandfather.
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Gynacologist:
tell dat to ur papa if u Eva had one....heard ur mum is a slot didn't expect much from d son of a retard.. attention seeking murafuka...efulefu...
lol guy, you can't even spell a simple word without rubbing your father's already dirty name in the gutter

grin grin grin grin omo ale ewure ojukwu

Omo Irankirab
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Gynacologist:
lol guy, you can't even spell a simple word without rubbing your father's already dirty name in the gutter

Omo Irankiran
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by sunnysmile80: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
adeyemi97:
Fela and wole soyinka are related??

MAKAVELI OFFSPRING IN THIS MOTHERF*CKER

No wonder, both of them are activists and social critists. But Wole Soyinka is different from Fela in the sense that Fela is fearless whereas Wole Soyinka could be fearful sometimes, eg Wole can only stay abroad critise some govt action, but fela could stand to oppose any govt one-on -one
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by fmikecok(m): 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
How is it possible for this man to be Fela's grandfather and Wole Soyinka's great grand father....I don't think its possible out of Fela and Soyinka who is oldest?
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by lefrenzy: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
quite interesting
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by chineduwright110(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
I thought it wz victor olaitan grandfather [color=#000099][/color] shocked
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by ModiKen(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
RockMaxi:

Why then should Fela's father deny him his music career?

Maybe he didnt want him to become a Canon (an Anglican priest) like his grand father. grin

Wait o! Imagine say Fela na Anglican Priest..... grin
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by fpeter(f): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
(Fela Anikulapo’s Grandfather and Prof Wole Soyinka’s great-grand father).

HIAN!!! who come senior between Fela and Soyinka?
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
smuth:

You miss road?
Young man... Face front and mind your business.
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by prof800(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay.......

please where can we download his music biko grin grin
You hear his music everyday on "Channels tv". That official signature tune Channels TV has been using for years was originally created by this man.
(From his "Ise Oluwa.... kolë bajè ooo" track.)

IF you have been attending Anglican church for long, then you would have sang about 50% of the hymns this man composed. He translated many English hymns to Yoruba and composed many other hymns that are still used today in Anglican churches and other churches like CAC.

When Soyinka spoke of this man some years back, I did not believe until Femi Kuti confirmed his legend recently in an interview on "Rubin' minds"- Channels tv.

Africans have always been great. smiley
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Gynacologist(m): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
xtervaganza:

Omo Irankiran
a wise man once told me nat to argue wif fools...kip formin sabinus in nairaland while ur mates are making moni...anuohia...
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
Gynacologist:
a wise man once told me nat to argue wif fools...kip formin sabinus in nairaland while ur mates are making moni...anuohia...
I'M GUESSING THE WISE MAN IS ojukwu the eternal loser in life and death
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by INTROVERT(f): 12:04am On Sep 12, 2015
prof800:

You hear his music everyday on "Channels tv". That official signature tune Channels TV has been using for years was originally created by this man.
(From his "Ise Oluwa.... kolë bajè ooo" track.)

IF you have been attending Anglican church for long, then you would have sang about 50% of the hymns this man composed. He translated many English hymns to Yoruba and composed many other hymns that are still used today in Anglican churches and other churches like CAC.

When Soyinka spoke of this man some years back, I did not believe until Femi Kuti confirmed his legend recently in an interview on "Rubin' minds"- Channels tv.

Africans have always been great. smiley

THIS IS THE BEST QUOTE AVE EVER HAD ON NAIRALAND kiss kiss
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Gynacologist(m): 5:59am On Sep 12, 2015
xtervaganza:
I'M GUESSING THE WISE MAN IS ojukwu the eternal loser in life and death
ur entire race can Neva lace his boots....go find ur mate cos dis dude ryt here is way above ur league....kip talking poo on nairaland while ur mates are bizzy counting mulla...onuku...
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2015
Gynacologist:
ur entire race can Neva lace his boots....go find ur mate cos dis dude ryt here is way above ur league....kip talking poo on nairaland while ur mates are bizzy counting mulla...onuku...
ojukwu the bearded terrorist bastard is dead and ffk is busy smashing bianca wide smelly poocee grin grin grin grin grin grin

ojukwu is a bastard loser who was destroyed and vanquished grin grin grin grin grin grin

He even lost election in his home town

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rasaq Olayiwola: I Am Tired Of Playing Herbalist Roles In Films / Nollywood Actors At Dede-One-Day's Burial (Photos) / A Fan Gave Muyiwa Ademola A Car And Some Dollars For A Film He Did 14years Ago..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.