Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. (811 Views)

Word Experienced An Error Trying To Open The File / How To Know Who Is Stealing Your Wi-fi / How To Find Out If Someone Is Stealing Your Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. by dhardline(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
Received a mail today from one abdusalamhabibu@gmail.com,the mail contained a .jar file and this got me curious as none of the attachments i receive for transfers or payments has even been in a .jar file and hence i decided to do a little search on the email add on google but got nothing, then I did another search on the mail subject and my fears were confirmed.This is what I found out about the attachment,thank God i did'nt open it.please spread the word.
The picture is a screen shot of the mail.

RAT  in  a  jar:  A  phishing  campaign  using  Unrecom

As Unrecom1 is a comprehensive multi-platform Java-based remote access tool, currently not detected by most AntiVirus products, it presents a risk to a large number of potential victims, regardless of operating system.

This is what it does:
Unrecom RAT provides the attacker with full control over the compromised system, once infected. It has some of the following capabilities: - - - - - - - Collection of System Information (e.g. IP, OS version, memory RAM information, Java version, Computer Name, User account compromised, etc.) Upload & Execute additional malware, typically exploiting vulnerabilities derived from collected system information Capture Webcam and Microphone, without user notification Remote Desktop to watch user activity File Manager allowing access to files in the context of the current user Browser Password theft Keylogging to capture passwords otherwise obscured from viewing

Re: WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. by ATMC(f): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
O kwanu!
Re: WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. by skyface00(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
I got sometin like dis, but I didn't open it
Re: WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. by dhardline(m): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
skyface00:
I got sometin like dis, but I didn't open it
Nice that you did not cause if you had it would automatically creat new folders and starts to remotely control your device.
Re: WARNING!!! Somebody will be stealing your pictures if you Open The Attachment. by Markachi666(m): 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
dhardline:

Nice that you did not cause if you had it would automatically creat new folders and starts to remotely control your device.

Just opened one here on nairaland but it's empty (0 byte)

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo Available For Sale Ugrgently / My Laptops Have Some Issues...pls Help Out / Swift 4G Mifi (huawei) + Free Browsing For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.