Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes (550 Views)

Funny Reactions on twitter trails Soundcity MVP Awards / P Square Vs Soundcitytv : @soundcitytv Responds To Jude. Re: Don’t Be A Judas, J / P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
So the P-square-S/City beef was exposed today. And we discovered SoundCity hasn't been playing P-square's songs because P-square asked to be paid to perform at their concert. Much to my chagrin, there were many misinformed comments stating that P-square ought to have performed for free cuz when they were upcoming artistes, Soundcity gave them a platform. What do these people know about upcoming artistes? Who told them these music and radio stations play songs for free? Those stations will only sample your song and give you airtime after parting with a sum, go and ask upcoming artistes. So, after I've hustled and paid to have my song aired, I'm lucky enough that people like it, I get popular and then tomorrow, one secretary who doesn't know a quarter of what I went through, will call me an ingrate cuz I asked to be paid for a performance? If P-square starts doing free performance for everyone who helps them blow, they'll go broke faster than you can say 'E NO EASY'. NOBODY puts silly sentiments in business unless you want to be out. P-Square performs in at least 15 countries each year, those people don't even have SoundCity, SoundCity did NOT introduce P-Square to the world, so it's foolish to attribute their success to them. P-square were popular in Nigeria before SoundCity, so who are they to seek freebies? So, what will P-square do for platforms like Youtube, what will they do for MTV? Is SCity international? Nobody should expect artistes to perform for free even for their family members. Na from there dem dey chop, SoundCity were just looking to capitalise. This is a channel that is barely surviving, they don't have interesting shows, they don't do any promos for viewers and they certainly don't organise free concerts, yet they want artistes to perform for free? If that's not greed, I don't know what is. PS: Apologies for the join-join write-up, na symbian phone I dey use

2 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Airforce1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
hhmm
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by LesbianBoy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by lomprico(m): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ó tan!

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Names Chief Bridesmaid / Too Cool! 50 Cent Shares Picture Of His Son Wearing A Yeezy, North West T-shirt / Olamide Robbed While Performing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.