Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs (1611 Views)

What Does Worldly Songs Mean? Opinions Please!!! / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? / Christianity Vs Worldly Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by uchkochi(m): 11:25am On Apr 07, 2009
Worldly songs does not give glory to God,rather it promotes violence,immorality and most times it harnesses negative thoughts.
You cannot be edified by them.U might be getting inspired,but this 'inspiration' does not bless but feeds the flesh.Even the trees bend most times in obeisance to God.let everything that has breath praise the lord.Psalms 150 vs 6.So its the endtime and the right time to throw those worldly cds into the river.I did it 4years ago and it has been the best thing ever.Feed ur mind with gospel songs at all times,great ideas can come through it.+2348052773865.OMEGA CYBER MINISTRIES.
Re: Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ Poster
Shut up your Mouth,Silence . . . before you high my spirit! angry,get rid of what?
Re: Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by Truth11: 6:58am On Apr 08, 2009
@Poster,

thanks so much.

What you said is true ". . . . it promotes violence,immorality and most times it harnesses negative thoughts,. . ." . . hence proved by the post of Ogaga4Luv
Re: Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by peacemaka(f): 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2009
yes it's true i agree wish you. many of these music are devilish and demonic and even hinders one from doing and obeying the will of God
God blees you all
Re: Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by Epiphany(m): 11:58pm On Apr 09, 2009
@Poster

Kindly define what type of music you are talking about. Is it rap, jazz, r&b, pop etc? I can see how listening to jazz: of which a lot of instrumentals are involved will constitute a hindrance to anyone's christian life. I also suppose listening to orchestra's play their tunes will corrupt my mind? Or maybe childrens nursery rhymes - which are not necessarily christian songs - would also lead children astray?
Re: Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2009
angry angry angry
peacemaka:

yes it's true i agree wish you. many of these music are devilish and demonic and even hinders one from doing and obeying the will of God
God blees you all
Re: Its Time To Get Rid Of Worldly Songs by Ify3: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2009
Posted by: uchkochi
Insert Quote
Worldly songs does not give glory to God,rather it promotes violence,immorality and most times it harnesses negative thoughts.
You cannot be edified by them.U might be getting inspired,but this 'inspiration' does not bless but feeds the flesh.Even the trees bend most times in obeisance to God.let everything that has breath praise the lord.Psalms 150 vs 6.So its the endtime and the right time to throw those worldly cds into the river.I did it 4years ago and it has been the best thing ever.Feed ur mind with gospel songs at all times,great ideas can come through it.+2348052773865.OMEGA CYBER MINISTRIES.

This request is not possible. Why? Because everything in this world is doubled - righteousness and sin, right and left, believers and non-believers, etc, etc.

The ideal thing is for you to do away with every ungodly music/acts, evangelise to people (those that would want to) starting from your immediate family, friends, colleagues, etc.

Again, most musics though sang by unbelievers, speaks good and truth of our lives, warning from evil against brothers, villages, neighbours, and even promotes peace and unity, e.g. Christie Essien Igbokwe (Album - Igbo Kweenu).

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Ex-armed Robber Shina Rambo: How I Tormented Lagosians, Police ! / Atheist Phobia / What Happened To Manmuswac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.