Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Etisalat Scammed Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Scammed Me (701 Views)

This Man Scammed Me / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Scammed Me by donpata(m): 4:13am On Sep 11, 2015
Oh yeah! thats what i believed happened. It was on a night about 12th of August around 10pm my data got exausted so i quickly rushed out to get 1k recharge card since i had something important to do that night. The woman at the shop where is usually buy credit detached two N500 cards and handed to me. I came home, loaded the first and received my due and bonus. Then i scratched the 2nd pin and tried loading and i got an error msg claiming the code is incorrect. undecided I "Deca-checked" the pin and kept trying until i was warned that any other attempt will ban me. I then quickly called customer care and the lady told me that the card had been used on 9th of August . I wondered if she knew what she was saying cos the card was detached in my presence and i scratched it myself in my room with no witch looking to steal the pin undecided. Not satisfied, i called again and the guy that pick told me the same story. I complained that a used card would tell me "it has been used" and not "incorrect pin". As usual, they maintained their position asking me to go back to the shop i bought the card.

At this point, i knew etisalat had scammed me cos the woman in question was not literate and i knew 300% she wont have anything reasonable to say. I returned and as anticipated, she claimed she had never heard such complain and maybe its network so i should keep trying. Well, i needed to browse so i bought another N500 card which she detached from the same set she had given me earlier. That one worked. I still had to call etisalat and na still wash story. I would spend around N350 to go to their office just for N500 card so i have kept it till such a time i find myself around there. Still yet,Abeg, help me look this matter.Anyone experienced such before

Re: Etisalat Scammed Me by seunlayi(m): 4:26am On Sep 11, 2015
e don do you as Mtn take do me before

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Scammed Me by eleko1: 4:39am On Sep 11, 2015
Etisalat sad I have dumped their useless sim
Re: Etisalat Scammed Me by Warlord3000(m): 5:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Am not sure the card has been used before..

The pin generated wasn't just valid....

Don't know whose end to blame if not etis
Re: Etisalat Scammed Me by possibilita(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2015
in 2 years I have used over 20 etisalat sim only to dump dem coz them no dey try,the last one I dumped was a month ago and I jst bought ot den I decided to use their 15 mb bros na 1day diz 15mb dey last 4 ma Bold2 coz of this I decided to subscribe but I got the shock of my life,my money was deduced but subscription was never activated I call customer care and was told to remove my battery and reinsert,I did jst that but nothin so I called them again and again they told me to just recharge and try again that was how I lost 1k so I jst remove the sim and threw it away.
Re: Etisalat Scammed Me by bacco2000(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
Abi guys don tweak the pin
Re: Etisalat Scammed Me by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
donpata:
Oh yeah! thats what i believed happened. It was on a night about 12th of August around 10pm my data got exausted so i quickly rushed out to get 1k recharge card since i had something important to do that night. The woman at the shop where is usually buy credit detached two N500 cards and handed to me. I came home, loaded the first and received my due and bonus. Then i scratched the 2nd pin and tried loading and i got an error msg claiming the code is incorrect. undecided I "Deca-checked" the pin and kept trying until i was warned that any other attempt will ban me. I then quickly called customer care and the lady told me that the card had been used on 9th of August . I wondered if she knew what she was saying cos the card was detached in my presence and i scratched it myself in my room with no witch looking to steal the pin undecided. Not satisfied, i called again and the guy that pick told me the same story. I complained that a used card would tell me "it has been used" and not "incorrect pin". As usual, they maintained their position asking me to go back to the shop i bought the card.

At this point, i knew etisalat had scammed me cos the woman in question was not literate and i knew 300% she wont have anything reasonable to say. I returned and as anticipated, she claimed she had never heard such complain and maybe its network so i should keep trying. Well, i needed to browse so i bought another N500 card which she detached from the same set she had given me earlier. That one worked. I still had to call etisalat and na still wash story. I would spend around N350 to go to their office just for N500 card so i have kept it till such a time i find myself around there. Still yet,Abeg, help me look this matter.Anyone experienced such before
The summary of it all is that there are fake cards circulating or that particular pin wasn't activated on their network. nobody is above mistake and so there's the possibly that the card seller bought used care. Naija don wise oh because it's better you load the card at the point of purchase to avoid story that touch. Alternatively you can recharge with any available POS terminal

(1) (Reply)

Launching Of Yoruba Audio Bible App – An Offline Based Yoruba/english Old + New / Meizu Pro 5 4gb Exynos 7420 2.1ghz Octa Core 5.7 Inch Fhd / Phones For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.