Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired (17527 Views)

I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by EINSTEINPG: 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Oluwajuwonlo1:

Follow ur passion. "Purpose is wen u knw nd understand wot u were born to accomplish"
"Follow Your Passion" (aka FYP) is such a terrible piece of advice.
Do you think progress in life is linear? The truth is one can never know what one is born to accomplish.
Am always wary of any individual who subscribes to that erroneous FYP's school of thought.
You don't FYP but you develop passion for whatever you find yourself doing. And that way the sky becomes your stepping stone.

2 Likes

Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
ok...
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by EINSTEINPG: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
tenry:
This is a poorly written piece by an over excited writer. Next time bro, organisation matters a lot in writing. Lopsided ideas can make a very interesting topic confusing. Lastly, what happens to punctuation marks?. Although style is the man himself, there are important rules of writing that must be observed.
Well, truth is bitter but you've just said the plain truth.
Always remain undaunted in your critical assessment of all caboodle in life.
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by EINSTEINPG: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
milychocs:

shocked
SMH
If you don't like his "piece", write your own
(..to paraphrase Achebe....)
Are you the OP's Spokesperson?
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by pharezonome: 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
I've visited many blogs but I've never visited a blog that completely covers everything I need. I was surfing the net when I stumbled on this blog. At first, I was'nt optimistic about what I was gonna find inside but after I visited it for the first time. I couldn't stop but visit it over and over again everyday. I've decided not to be selfish, so I'm gonna let you visit it too and have the fun that I had.
http://www.naijaweyre..com
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by MNDY(m): 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
In a nutshell, don't put all your eggs in just one basket! -- Pursue and/or be engaged in white collar job and business concurrently!

1 Like

Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks op. It is just an open truth.
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Harvard13(m): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
this guy just kept on contradicting himself. if my life long dream is to be a practicing pharmacist, shouldnt i continue looking for a job? then when do i.switch and become an enterpreneur?
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by straynger: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hi house,

Am sorry to derail, I urgently need answers to these questions;

I was diagnosed of hep B some three months ago and am about going for further tests. 

More important now is that I was sucessful in all the recruitment process for a role in a multinational company( it's an experienced role and I was the only one sucessful). 

Being the last stage I was sent a medical form to take to a specified hospital for medical assessment. Alas! on the form, hep B was part of the test to be conducted.

Pls house, what could be my fate after the company detects my hep B status? Would they not descriminate against me? 

Has anyone in the house ever been in a similar situation? how did it turn out? Would being hep B positive mean an end to one's career aspirations? Am very worried now, I have invested so much in myself.

Lastly is there any organisation local or abroad that sees into the rigth of people living with hep B?
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by manie(m): 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
NOBODYY:
Too long abeg
Mk person summerize am for me
Is that really long, I will recommend you read a minimum of 2 books per month because readers are leaders.

3 Likes

Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Lordnewton1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
EINSTEINPG:
May be you should reread the OP's post, what you just type is in sharp contrast to that of the OP.
In reality your post can stand the test of time. You've just unconsciously fine-tuned the OP's point.
Thanks a whole lots for your intuition.
hmmmm.....i see. well, you are welcome sha
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Olsoo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
lonelydora:

For being honest, you will have it. Send your details.
Really? shocked

Olanrewaju Sodiq
Gtbank
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by salt1: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
EINSTEINPG:
"Follow Your Passion" (aka FYP) is such a terrible piece of advice.
Do you think progress in life is linear? The truth is one can never know what one is born to accomplish.
Am always wary of any individual who subscribes to that erroneous FYP's school of thought.
You don't FYP but you develop passion for whatever you find yourself doing. And that way the sky becomes your stepping stone.

One million likes for this your contribution! Very misleading advice!
Many young boys drop out of school because they have a passion for football and are all dreaming of becoming Messi. They have neither the skill nor the stamina but they believe in achieving anything with passion. By the time they wake up, their mates are already engineers, doctors etc. And shame won't let them write JAMB.
Whatever happened to old-fashioned hardwork? Why must it be passion?
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by orisunaz(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
mehn good write up... I love this shit
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by EINSTEINPG: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
salt1:

Many young boys drop out of school because they have a passion for football and are all dreaming of becoming Messi. They have neither the skill nor the stamina but they believe in achieving anything with passion. By the time they wake up, their mates are already engineers, doctors etc. And shame won't let them write JAMB.

Exactly brother, God bless you for that timeless contribution.
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Oluwajuwonlo1:

Nothing wrong! Go for it,go get it. Follow ur passion. "Purpose is wen u knw nd understand wot u were born to accomplish"
thanks
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by omoikea(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
did anyone actually finish reading this?
summarize and send it to me
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by biopat(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
Well, what works for Paul may not work for Peter, c'est le jeu de la vie!!!
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by arabianights: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2015
lonelydora:
I will comment later. I'm in First bank right now making trouble with them.

leave them alone ooo!! what did they do to you ?Thats my favourite bank
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Harvard13(m): 6:25am On Sep 12, 2015
salt1:

pple like u nd eisteinpg are pple i like. the op just kept on writing and writing
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by highrank(m): 8:24am On Sep 12, 2015
O.P is advising you to follow the slow lane which is very dangerous in this information age A preoccupation to become highly educated could be Trojan horse to your freedom and your ambition to be wealthy.A degree isn't a prerequisite to Fastlane wealth.Some of the richest fastlaners are people with least "education" or people who never finished either high school or college.
Bill Gates,Steven Spielbergs,Richard Branson,Michael Dell,Felix Dennis, David Geffen, and Jorn paul Dejoria all dropped out of school to pursue Fastlane objective.if i may asked,how many degrees does Dangote,Otedola or Jimoh ibrahim has?How dare they get rich and not be "educated"
Try to get a copy of a book titled "The millionaire Fastlane" to discover the true secret to wealth.To have a copy you can what's app me on 08032315716.
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Joachian: 8:43am On Sep 12, 2015
Nice words..
Its really encouraging
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by melomelo: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2015
I love this. Good Job done...
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
silvermania:
Is there anything wrong in me perfecting my music skills combine with schooling without desiring to do any job? Cause my friends are saying am too inteligent to do music and I see it as my life, and i don't want to work with my result no matter how good it is. pls advice

Music is just a hobby. If you so much love music, keep singing, attend concert, join the choir in your church, attend rehersal and have an open mind to learn. If u are in for the passion and not the money or fame associated, u will sail through. As for me, am an enterprenuer student and also a music gick. Joined the choir last 2 yrs and i can tell u with all boldness, am seeing tremendous improvement. I can't just let a day pass by without singing. Music is my life, is my passion, is the air i breath. I think am born to sing. Maybe i feel that way cause i have a rare vocal texture. If u aren't observant, u might think a girl is singing. Not too thin but rich and sopranish. Another way to improve fast is to learn at least, one musical instrument. Am planning to start mine soon but the problem now is time and who to teach me.. Whatever might be the case, keep singing. Start from your bedroom, bathroom, toilet, church and u will get there. Plz, don't abandon your education because of ur passion for music. Don't put all ur eggs in one basket. Walk with wisdom. Sing, read, write, sing and sing, read and read and write. U will be glad u did.
Goodluck
Re: School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
HenryDion:

Music is just a hobby. If you so much love music, keep singing, attend concert, join the choir in your church, attend rehersal and have an open mind to learn. If u are in for the passion and not the money or fame associated, u will sail through. As for me, am an enterprenuer student and also a music gick. Joined the choir last 2 yrs and i can tell u with all boldness, am seeing tremendous improvement. I can't just let a day pass by without singing. Music is my life, is my passion, is the air i breath. I think am born to sing. Maybe i feel that way cause i have a rare vocal texture. If u aren't observant, u might think a girl is singing. Not too thin but rich and sopranish. Another way to improve fast is to learn at least, one musical instrument. Am planning to start mine soon but the problem now is time and who to teach me.. Whatever might be the case, keep singing. Start from your bedroom, bathroom, toilet, church and u will get there. Plz, don't abandon your education because of ur passion for music. Don't put all ur eggs in one basket. Walk with wisdom. Sing, read, write, sing and sing, read and read and write. U will be glad u did.
Goodluck
God bless you, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15,049 Nigerian Nurses Move To UK In Five Years / Shoemaker In Serious Trouble For Wearing Customer's Shoe / My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.