Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,217 members, 7,953,802 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update (8413 Views)

Government Of Japan Internship Program 2018 Is Now Open For Foreign Nationals / Employment At World Bank: African Nationals / World Bank Group Massive Recruitment Drive For Afican Nationals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
11/09/2015 is supposed to be the feedback date through email.

If you got any invite by today please share... wink

Frican:

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTJOBSNEW/0,,contentMDK:23124025~menuPK:8453560~pagePK:8453902~piPK:8453359~theSitePK:8453353,00.html

Use the link above to apply.. Wish you luck.

dokia:
The World Bank Group is launching a recruitment drive aimed at increasing the number of Sub Saharan Africans in its work force. This commitment to hire Sub Saharan Africans reflects the Bank Group’s senior leadership commitment for a diverse workforce in which African nationals can play a key role in fighting poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Employment opportunities will be in various technical areas and professional streams for talented and diverse young professionals and mid-career level professionals to contribute and grow their skills in a career in international development.

A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity for exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. Bank staff work with governments, civil society groups, the private sector, and others in developing countries around the world, assisting people in all areas of development, from policy and strategic advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and supervision of development projects.

http://smileandmobile.com/2015/07/28/world-bank-group-recruitment-drive-for-african-nationals-deadline-august-31st-2015/

1 Share

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
tonero4urch:

stlarry001:

victorels:

jancollins:
Im still wondering why people are not so interested in this world bank Job..
Im not seeing comments the way nairalanders will make comment on Jobs of this magnitude.

People will be notified todday on their interview dates nd venue.

Lets know as soon as you get yours.........
Folu6762:
pls let's know if you get the invite. thanks
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by krested07: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Anyone received the invite yet?
kindly alert us when you receive yours.
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
krested07:
Anyone received the invite yet?
kindly alert us when you receive yours.

Be expectant! wink
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
Invalid link
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
helenmi:
Invalid link

Its late already.

Applications closed 31st August
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Anyone with an update yet?

Its almost 4pm in Washington grin
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by aj6: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello All,

Been following this post with my spy glass to see updates. grin

Contacted the recruitment team and got the feedback below. So keep praying and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting us.

Given the volume of applicants received during this recruitment mission, we are still reviewing applications and finalizing short lists for each position. Both short listed and non- short listed candidates will begin receiving notifications of their status electronically through the month of September, possibly early October.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Africa Recruitment Drive
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
aj6:
Hello All,

Been following this post with my spy glass to see updates. grin

Contacted the recruitment team and got the feedback below. So keep praying and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting us.

Given the volume of applicants received during this recruitment mission, we are still reviewing applications and finalizing short lists for each position. Both short listed and non- short listed candidates will begin receiving notifications of their status electronically through the month of September, possibly early October.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Africa Recruitment Drive

Wow! OK. That will be nice.

This is a screenshot of what they sent to me on September 11...
They referred me to their statement on the site.
Can you attach a screenshot wink

1 Share

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by aj6: 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
Happy ? grin

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
aj6:
Happy ? grin
Yea grin

plus the fact that even the unqualified too will receive their notification
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by krested07: 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gbam.
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by charlione(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Today is Sept 22nd oooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by krested07: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2015
Are you loosing faith?
Think of the exposure and renumeration. Even if Its for 2years.
That should stir up your faith
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
krested07:
Are you loosing faith?
Think of the exposure and renumeration. Even if Its for 2years.
That should stir up your faith

Kai!

I dey feel you enter the scriptures grin grin
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by scarplanet(m): 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
Oh... That's true. I kinda forgot that I applied to this job opening.

Really looking forwards to a feedback from them

1 Like

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by krested07: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
UPDATE: The deadline for applying to the World Bank Group recruitment initiative for African nationals closed on August 31 with over 50,000 applications. We have completed the shortlisting for most of the positions and shortlisted candidates are being contacted for interviews at various locations. Interviews and subsequent decisions should all be completed by the end of December.

Given the volume of applications, we will only be reaching out to shortlisted candidates to provide feedback. Irrespective of the outcome of the interviews, all shortlisted candidates will be placed on a roster for future openings. We will also continue to draw on the large pool of applicants from this recruitment drive as positions become available.

Thank you for considering a career with the World Bank Group and contributing your expertise to our mission of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity among the world’s poorest citizens.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by charlione(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ok! Shortlisted peeps please inform the house when invited.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
krested07:
UPDATE: The deadline for applying to the World Bank Group recruitment initiative for African nationals closed on August 31 with over 50,000 applications. We have completed the shortlisting for most of the positions and shortlisted candidates are being contacted for interviews at various locations. Interviews and subsequent decisions should all be completed by the end of December.

Given the volume of applications, we will only be reaching out to shortlisted candidates to provide feedback. Irrespective of the outcome of the interviews, all shortlisted candidates will be placed on a roster for future openings. We will also continue to draw on the large pool of applicants from this recruitment drive as positions become available.

Thank you for considering a career with the World Bank Group and contributing your expertise to our mission of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity among the world’s poorest citizens.

Those are the issues I have with them.

Let them just come out straight. Because I'm sure if they're fair, some of us on NL should eventually get a call.
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by ulster: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
anyone with updates...?
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by ikeokoli: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2015
Are they supposed to call shortlisted candidates or simply send them emails?
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2015
ikeokoli:
Are they supposed to call shortlisted candidates or simply send them emails?

grin grin grin
I dey feel you jare.

Just rest your mind whatever happens wink
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by ikeokoli: 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
Any good news yet?
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by charlione(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
ikeokoli:
Any good news yet?

Er......did you go to Havard bros?
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by ikeokoli: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
charlione:

Er......did you go to Havard bros?

No. Why do you ask?
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by charlione(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
ikeokoli:

No. Why do you ask?

Cos with 50,000+ applications, you would have to stand out to be selected but then... there is God ooooo grin
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by Saifullah01: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
i also applied o. I hope they don't go GE on us
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by ikeokoli: 12:03am On Oct 12, 2015
i also hope so
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by WhiteHat: 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Candidates have been called and interviewed already. Perharps they are done with the first round of interviews.
Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by charlione(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
WhiteHat:
Candidates have been called and interviewed already. Perharps they are done with the first round of interviews.

Do you know anybody that was called?

1 Like

Re: World Bank Group Recruitment Drive For African Nationals - Update by ulster: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

I trust you are well.
I saw your recent application and would like to know if you would be open to new professional opportunities.
We at Global Career Company are running a major recruitment campaign for the World Bank Group and there are several position available in Education; Health, Nutrition, and Population; Social Urban, Rural, and Resilience; Information and Technology Solutions (ITS); Finance and Markets and Development Economics - Economists, Statisticians, Private Sector Development.
I would be delighted to present your profile to them. There are positions based across Africa and at the Head Quarters in Washington DC.
Please find details on the flyer attached. You can either apply on-line or send me your CV to XXXXXXX.XXXXXXX@globalcc.net . The application deadline is 28th August 2015.
If you feel overqualified and not interested but would like to recommend a seasoned Economist of your entourage, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good day,

I trust you are well. You were one of the few candidates that were approved in this 1st stage of the Recruitment process with the World Bank. Congratulations.
Your profile was sent to the hiring managers for their appreciation. If your profile is approved in this next stage you shall be contacted in the next few days.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is the mail thread from the guys (Global Career Company- based in London) who head-hunted me for the WB roles.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Dream Job / Nairaland Job Seekers, Let Employers View Your CVs Here / First Bank Aptitude Test For Executive Trainees (thursday August 23, 2007).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.